Old 09-10-2005, 04:34 PM   #1   [permalink]
WierdIsraeli
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to WierdIsraeli Send a message via AIM to WierdIsraeli
Mai otome

I just saw the first episode, and well, it's basically a use of ideas and characters from Mai hime, but all different there, plot and enviroment wise, it's by no mean a sequal like someone mentioned it once in here.
Quote:
"Work best under the pressure of impending death."
WierdIsraeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #2   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

It reminds me of Gun Buster,it's the same basic plot of a clumsy country girl who wants to join a group of elite warriors.

My first thought is that the main character is very annoying,I hate when someone keps talking like that.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I saw the name and wondered if there was a connection. Guess I'll download it tonight. Mai Hime started out so crappy. But nearer the end I was liking it.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 04:29 AM   #4   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Just a quick question, will have to watch the rest of Mai Hime (I've seen the first 10 episodes) or can I just watch Mai Otome as a standalone series? Is their any real continuity after the first series?
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:07 AM   #5   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Originally Posted by ACE2001
Just a quick question, will have to watch the rest of Mai Hime (I've seen the first 10 episodes) or can I just watch Mai Otome as a standalone series? Is their any real continuity after the first series?

No connection yet. Mai Hime was about a schoolgirl in Japan. Mai Otome is about a schoolgirl on an as-yet unnamed planet.
Old 26-12-2005, 08:12 AM   #6   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
What's everyones thoughts about how the series is going now? I haven't seen the latest episode due to being away on holidays but overall I'm enjoying where the series is going.

Needs more Mai somewhere though ; ;
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 05:33 AM   #7   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

I must admit, I do look forward to each episode as it comes. I learnt my lesson with Mai Hime and I have no doubts that Mai Otome can turn out quite pleasant.
Old 31-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #8   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Mai Otome and Mai Hime go together?
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2005, 09:08 PM   #9   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
Originally Posted by Shinobi X
Mai Otome and Mai Hime go together?
Hime was the first season, Otome is the 2nd season but set in a completely different universe with the same characters.

I liked episode 12 and how they hinted at Mai's existance. I can't wait for her to turn up later on. I was a bit confused when Tokiha said his name was Akira but the ending made that all clear
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:43 AM   #10   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Originally Posted by Marius
Hime was the first season, Otome is the 2nd season but set in a completely different universe with the same characters.

I liked episode 12 and how they hinted at Mai's existance. I can't wait for her to turn up later on. I was a bit confused when Tokiha said his name was Akira but the ending made that all clear
When the princess woke up, didnt she use that character's name from season 1 when she saw him? Or did she use the cat's name? I cant recall now, but it was the first time I considered that they will link the 2 verses.

So far we've seen *some* of the characters from season 1, but I dont think Ive seen Mai yet.