Old 20-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #1   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Green Green

This one is something like if the series Golden Boy and Love Hina mated and had a child, somewhat literally at that.

The story is about a one month trial of a co-ed school between previously all girl and all boy schools. Lots of fan service of many flavors with several of the guys totally weird and the usual disgusting.

I wouldn't call this hentai since it has a real plot and isn't too explicit, but this crosses the line much more than Golden Boy did.

mild spoiler:

It's a bit disturbing when the guys sexually harrass and even sometimes molest the gals. But then the gals totally beat the crap out of them, so at least they get punished. If such behaviour was reported, it would certainly lead to expulsion and perhaps criminal charges. There seems to be some sort of "honor code" where the students resolve these problems on their own, something less official than what was done on Mai Hime but effective none-the-less.

Any other comments on this one?
Old 20-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #2   [permalink]
Schizm
V.I.P. Member

I have Green Green somewhere, but I haven't watched it yet......I think I'll watch it now

My n00b=ADdispatcher
Schizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #3   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
One more thing. The first 12 episodes are echi. The 13th is true hentai. I was dissapointed with episode 13.
Old 22-01-2006, 03:34 AM   #4   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I'm surprised I watched all of Green Green. After the fifth or sixth episode, the antics of the MC's two friends got insanely annoying. Funny, yes, but it was so over-the-top and at many times, gross, that it kept turning me off. Yet, I still watched it all, hehe. I guess it was funnier then it was annoying and disgusting.

The story was ok. The only chars that stood out were the two friends. All the girls were bland, but that one girl, the nerdy girl with the glasses that none of the guys wanted.. she was funny.

And yes, episode 13 was an incredible disappointment.

The intro and outro songs are great though.

That's all I can comment since it's been about two years since I last watched it, and I doubt this is a series I'll ever choose to rewatch.

EDIT: Now I remember why I watched it. During this time, I was in a Shounen Romance Comedy fixation, and watched a ton of anime and read a ton of manga in this genre. Good or bad, I picked up everything I could find. Ohhh, there were quite a few letdowns, that's for sure.

Last edited by oppa; 22-01-2006 at 03:42 AM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote