Old 26-01-2006, 02:26 PM   #1   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Kage Kara Mamoru!

Anyone catch it yet?

Harem anime + action + ninjas + MC that doesn't suck + pseudo-tributes (as I call it) to Ranma 1/2.... FTW?

Maybe, but it's still entertaining. Only one ep, but I think I'll be enjoying this one. It's just different from the usual anime in this genre, and it's pretty lighthearted but not *too* silly.

Nakahara Mai, the VA of the main girl, Yuna, has a cute voice too. I think I'm just a sucker for baka main girls with cute-but-not-too-annoying voices.
Old 27-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #2   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

... + Samurais + more action + dog that has a spot over one eye that resembles that one dog from the commercial series during the 90s (I think, I forget) + low ecchi level and only just enough for comedic value + Seriously, MC doesn't suck.

After two eps, it's still a fun watch.

Watch it!
Old 27-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #3   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Hehe,I like it so far,like how the MC is a lazy worthless student an instant and then an stealth expert ninja the next.

Yuna's character is nice.The way Mamoru (japanese word for "protect" by the way) seems to always be needed to protect Yuna,I wonder what secret value she has?Mamoru's father mentions always protecting Yuna's family...
Old 27-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #4   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I finished watching the first episode and found it pretty cute. Yuna is definately a simple-minded character, but not in a bad way. I'll admit that that I was little turned off by Mamo's attitude in the beginning, but after he became the ninja, he was cool and I was able to understand him a bit better. What I'm having a hard time with was the fact that he was able to cut down hundreds of bullets from gattling gun coming at him at point blank range!? Can a ninja really do that.....But, I'm enjoying the easy-going nature of this anime and I'll keep watching this one.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote