Old 17-01-2006, 04:59 AM   #31   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
I guess being licensed might of deterred some fansub groups.

Anyway episode 15 was great. Van taking on Woo's Metsa and well getting kicked, there really hasn't been a battle which Van couldn't handle till this one. Looks like Pricilla from the previous episode will be joining up with Van and co. The next episode, looks like a character development one.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:16 AM   #32   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

My two fav series at the moment are Eureka Seven and this

The wait between episodes are long
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #33   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

First, note that I ignored most of the posts in this thread, so as to avoid spoilers.

Is this gonna get better? I watched the first ep a while back, simply because of all the talk about how good it is and the ep fell short (and it was just a bit too random... mech out of nowhere and ----). So, fast forward to 5 minutes ago and I finally checked out the 2nd ep to give it a shot again, and well, this ep was even less interesting then the first.

The only redeeming factor so far has been Inoue Kikuko being the voice of Carman 99. It's a role she doesn't normally play so I may watch some more just for that cuz so far, there isn't any other reason.

So, what can be expected in later episodes that would be more appealing then it has been now?
Old 15-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #34   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

I guess without spoiling it yes Gun X Sword does get better. The whole badguy of the week thing, well really that ain't anything new, a lot of other animes do that.

The plot does get rolling, we are introduced to more pivotal characters. Pasts are revealed, goals and intentions are made clear. And of course more mech action.
Old 16-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #35   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Yeah it gets much better, <3 the old school mecha tribute ep, Jin is awesome when he gets introduced. It also seems to be kicking into high gear right now.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 06:36 AM   #36   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

SERIES END SPOILERS AHOY!

Finally finally finally! I have finished Gun X Sword and honestly I think it was probably the best series (2005) I watched. I enjoyed the whole lead up to the claw man and his final dreams of "birthday".

Glad to see some old faces joining up with Van like the elders and their old school mech and Pricilla (favourite character).

Some of the final battles weren't all that great I admit especially Saudade versus Dann, I was hoping for something a bit more epic but Fasalina and her original seven were pretty spiffy especially against Ray who I wished didn't end up dying because well his Bolkain rocks. And on deaths, was it really necessary to kill Michael and Fasalina as well by falling rocks? Oh and yes Van finally getting his revenge, very cool finish.

Did we ever find out why the claw man killed Helena? And the connection between him and Ray? I assume they had some connection with his ultimate "birthday" plan.

I don't know what to think about the ending though I guess it was fufilling, yeah it was to be expected that everyone would split up and walk their own paths, but was nice to see Van meet Wendy again later on.