Old 16-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #1   [permalink]
eddiefb3

R.O.D the TV

This is my second favorite show. And its the first complete set i own. Other than a couple thinpaks. I really enjoy all the action in this show and the storyline is one of the best. It starts out slow and simple then moves onto something super complex. It is expensive though...to get all of it there are like 8 dvds.

"With a Keen Eye for Details Only
One Truth Prevails!"
Jimmy Kudo

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Sherlock Holmes

Similar meanings
eddiefb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #2   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

I've only just watched this series in the past couple of weeks, & I loved every minute of it (I ended up watching the entire series twice over 5 days - I nearly skipped work to watch it the first time coz I was completely riveted by the storyline).., I was afraid that the TV series would destroy my fondness for the OAV, but if anything, the TV series has strengthened it & the R.O.D. franchise as a whole has jumped into my top 10 of favourite anime.., it's funny, it's sad, has mental paper battles, a great soundtrack & brilliant characters.., my fave Paper Sister is Maggie, coz she's tall, shy, socially inept, but extremely brave, & she has the coolest power of all the Paper Masters.., a simply fantastic series IMO..,

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 05:25 AM   #3   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
I know. Read or Die is a really good series. The OVA was fantastic and the series was just as good. The 2nd half was when it really stepped up. And the whole DVD Book was a great selling point. It's good to see an original concept for once.
Old 24-06-2006, 04:39 AM   #4   [permalink]
eddiefb3

Talking Yeps

Completely Right. R.O.D the TV was a direct extension of the OVA. So you can kind of think of it as a 29 episode series. As for the Book DVD case. I decided not to go for that. I ended up getting the box for them. Problem is now i have to vol 7s. But either way i was going to end up with two seeing as i bought all of them before deciding. The Book looked nice, but i did not like the idea of tossing all the Cases aside. I got a small Anita Figure too. I shouldnt say small, about regular size. I still love the story. and it does get better the second half of the series, since everything starts coming together. But the first half builds up the characters and lets you know about their pasts.

One Truth Prevails!"
Jimmy Kudo

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Sherlock Holmes

Similar meanings
Old 24-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #5   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

You have to toss away the DVD cases for the 'book' boxset? Meh, I'm kinda glad that I bought the complete boxset now as I was very sorely tempted by the 'book' version.

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 01:56 AM   #6   [permalink]
eddiefb3

Buying the complete set probably would be better than buying them individually. Or you can think of it as a payment plan. For the Book edition, it is like a CD case that has 7 disc holders. But you can always keep the emtpy boxes, but i like looking at the artwork myself. The book is nice and Leather though. But i am happy with my box.

One Truth Prevails!"
Jimmy Kudo

Sherlock Holmes

Similar meanings
Old 28-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #7   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Ha, I still have 6 empty DVD cases lying round somewhere. What I don't like about that is now I have the slips for DVD's 2-7 but to have a complete collection I would have to buy vol. 1 again. And I am not forking out my hard earned cash for a pretty piece of paper.