Old 15-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #1   [permalink]
StarDruid

question about Abenobashi and ep 13 end

Just finished Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade and ep 13's ending left a question. Was there every supose to be a ep 14 or an ova but it never got produced?
StarDruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #2   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
I think this happens in anime in general, they never seem to end anything with resolution. Its always open for interpretation or open for a new season which might never come.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2006, 08:32 AM   #3   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
It's summed up pretty well at the end isn't it? Our hero winds back the clock preventing all the tragedy from happening in the first place and life... goes on.

Abenobashi was a show I though was a rather half assed parody which had its moments but the final ep cop out... after that I put my DVD's straight on eBay.
Old 16-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #4   [permalink]
StarDruid

yah, guess they never did an ep 14 or ova like the talk of preview in ep 13 hinted
StarDruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #5   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Oh come on MrBS, Abenobashi wasn't that bad. It wasn't as good as Excel Saga but it was still very funny. I didn't even get some of the parodies but I was still laughing.
Old 21-07-2006, 08:49 AM   #6   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
I disagree I think it was tired and weak and had a cop out ending that ruined what was already pretty average.
Old 22-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #7   [permalink]
Wolfpac

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Yeah but how many ending from any Anime series are you really happy with. There isn't that many series that I've seen that I've been totally happy with. Most of them are usually Blah.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:57 AM   #8   [permalink]
Kyouta

Send a message via AIM to Kyouta
MAn,

i took a look at this anime a while back.
its just crazy.

Anime fans, what ya goin do.
What ya goin do, when anime comes to you.
Kyouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #9   [permalink]
The Creeper

Actually I thought Abenoashi was one of the greatest new anime series I've seen. It's one of the few NEW anime series that is actually REALLY good. Recent series just haven't been as pleasing or surprising if you ask me.

What I liked about Abenoashi is that it took a very simple premise and made it truly entertainig with unique twists and turns, not to mention lots of laughs and some surprisingly deep story plots. I also loved the multiple parody references.

They parody everyone from American movies and TV, to Monty Python from England, to even animes like Fist of the North Star, DBZ, and Film Noir. But back to the point, I think the "14th" episode was really more of a gag and not a real episode.

It'd be nice if it was real considering how I think it's VERY stupid to just end a show after such a short amount of time. You could have done alot more with this series, alot of series could have done better if they weren't just cut off at 13 or 6.

- From......Guess
The Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #10   [permalink]
Wolfpac

That's hard to say. While they could have extended it beyond the 13 episodes I think that they just would have run out of ideas. You see most of the episodes were parodies of other genres. The fact that they were able to cover 9 or 10 different genres was quite the feet as it is. They may have been about to find a few more but otherwise they would have had to stretch out the series to at least 22 episodes. This would have meant more Deep Story episodes. This in my opinion slowed the show right down. Then again Excel Saga managed to do it and that show had no plot.
Old 16-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #11   [permalink]
The Creeper

Actually the fact that they worked in a deep storyline too Abenoashi was a fantastic idea, and I'm glad they did it. It worked out much better then I thought and it's good to have that kind of balance even in a crazy anime like this one.

Excel Saga however proves you can make a 26 episode show about parodies, even with their serious story towards the end, Excel Saga is and will ALWAYS be a running gag that never ends.

- From......Guess
The Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote