Old 02-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Please Teacher

Has anyone ever seen this series?

Kei is a 15-year-old high school student, who is actually 18 but he has a disease that caused him to miss three years of his life. Mizuho is his hot new teacher, who is actually an alien from outer space. To protect her secret, Kei must secretly marry her. Make sense yet?

I rented the first disc, episodes 1-4, of this series. So far it is more of an adolescent sexual fantasy than anything else. No, actually it is an adolescent sexual fantasy tease. Some may like the comedy. I just think its silly.

Has anyone else seen this series? Should I stick with it, or have I seen just about all that it has to offer? Does this series ever get past being a big tease that promises a lot and delivers nothing?

Last edited by MeMyself; 03-12-2006 at 12:02 AM.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:07 AM   #2   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
I watched the first handful of episodes of this a good while back and never anymore, my memory is a bit shaky but I did find that whole "oh alien, let us marry to conceal your secret" ordeal terribly farfetched even for these sort of series. But I think I somewhat enjoyed what I saw but probably not enough for me to chase the rest of the series.

Of course now I wouldn't even dare touch one of these sort of series.

I liked that yellow alien thing with the life ring.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #3   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Nope. But I've seen Please Twins....
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I rented disc 2. I will see how that goes before renting 3 and 4.

I will give it half a chance.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:31 AM   #5   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
It isn't too bad. If you like romance then you will love it. There is a lot of it in this series. The last episode is good though. Really funny.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:16 AM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I own the the whole series. Definately a good anime. Made me laugh out loud several times.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:57 PM   #7   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I watched disc 2, and decided to go ahead an get discs 3 and 4. I should finish the series by Tuesday or Wednesday. I still find it a bit silly in parts. Those who have a problem with 15 year olds having sex may have a problem. But it is a break from all the dark and more complex animes I have been watching lately. As something different, it is not so bad.

I will give my final assessment next week.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #8   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I've only gotten through disc 3. Not much happened, although episode 10 ends with a cliffhanger.

I am having trouble getting disc 4. Netflix is finally sending it out, but from Washington state. I'm going away for the weekend, so it should be here by Monday when I get home.

This series had better damn well have a good ending -- for all I've done to stick through it!
Old 18-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #9   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I finally saw the final three episodes. Things started getting interesting in episode 11, but they mucked it up in episode 12. Episode 13 wasn't even necessary, unless. . . . (SPOILER BELOW!)

. . . . you really want to see high school kids having sex with their teachers. Is that normal in Japan?

Overall rating -- Average.
Old 19-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #10   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Onegai Twins and Onegai Sensei were really only good for passing some spare time.

There were some really funny moments, but I felt that the need to appeal to a perverted audience took a lot of the fun out.

I think that a lot of the appeal in these kind of anime, is just playing out a fantasy of having girls fight over you. Great when you're 14. Sadly Im a bit past the used by date for appreciating the notion of having girls with a 10 year old's mentality fight over me.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #11   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Urrg ... being a former teacher, no matter how light hearted, it still seems creepy to me to promote the fantasy (even if he is 18) ... kind of like I MY ME Strawberryegg ... if the producers only took out the attraction part ... the series would have been enjoyable for me ... but truth be told, this type of anime makes me a tad uncomfortable.

Sam
Old 19-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #12   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
How dare you critic I,My,Me Strawberry Egg!

Actually, I cant remember if I loved or hated that anime. Oh thats right, I hated the romance part. Yeh, that did suck. Was there a romance part? Damn, I can't even remember. I recall the girl liked her teacher big time (with hi-larious results) but I can't remember the teacher's feelings. Did he promise to come back to her?
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #13   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki
How dare you critic I,My,Me Strawberry Egg!

Actually, I cant remember if I loved or hated that anime. Oh thats right, I hated the romance part. Yeh, that did suck. Was there a romance part? Damn, I can't even remember. I recall the girl liked her teacher big time (with hi-larious results) but I can't remember the teacher's feelings. Did he promise to come back to her?
There are at least 2 segments where the teacher is about to ... fall for the student, but circumstances prevent any action from taking place ...

My .02 cents, I think that young teachers should think twice about starting out in highschool ... start younger and work up to the more complex and angst driven teenagers.

Sam
Old 20-12-2006, 11:32 PM   #14   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by SamIam
There are at least 2 segments where the teacher is about to ... fall for the student, but circumstances prevent any action from taking place ...

SPOILER!

If you are refering to Koishi and that teacher with the plane, Mr. Yamada, in the final episode it is revealed that they are indeed lovers in every sense of the word. You see a silhouette of them having sex. That is disturbing considering that Yamada is a grown man and Koishi is only 16 at this time (a year having passed).

Even Kei's and Mizuho's sexual relationship (you have one shot of them actually doing it in that hotel) is a bit disturbing considering that they are student and teacher. The fantasy part is OK, but I would have felt a bit more comfortable with Kei and Mizuho parting as friends, and maybe Kei taking up with Ichigo. Koishi could have taken up with Matagu. Thus the age differences solved all around!

Again, is this sort of thing normal in Japan?