Old 31-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #1   [permalink]
Z3r0San1ty

In Search of An Anime.

I'm not very sure if this is the right area to post but apologize if its not and hope the admin could transfer this post to where it should be if thats the case. I'm in search of an Anime I watched awhile back on cable but have no idea what the movie was called. I'm vague on the scenes but some little pieces I do rememeber of the movie had a Lady with peacock feathers on her back which I believe she used to hypnotsis her victims I believe and she wore a blind fold because in the movie they said she cut out her eyes to stop seeing visions of the future I believe. Also I rememeber of a scene where the main character walked around with I believe was an extented pole that would extented on the push of a button, There was a scene where he walked up to someone who was sitting on a bench and I think there was a confortation at one point and he extended the pole into the guys skull almost impailing him. Those are the only 2 scenes I vaguely rememeber from the movie but if someone could tell me what movie I was actually watching I would greatly appreciate it. I know its a long shot for someone to figure this movie out but I figured what the hell might as well take a shot. Thanks In advance.
Z3r0San1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #2   [permalink]
Kaneda

Jeesh, even I write better than this. You came to the right place Z3r0San1ty, but I doubt you will get many responses until you can put a logical paragraph together.
Old 31-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #3   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
.... I have no idea what you're talking about. But, you might want to give me more information.

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #4   [permalink]
Z3r0San1ty

only things I remember from the movie was as I said there was a lady in it that wore a blindfold with peacock feathers on her back, and the scene of where the main character pushes his staff into the guys skull while he was sitting on a bench, someone told me Ninja scroll ressurection I believe it was but I didnt see any pics or screen caps from that movie to see if its the one Im referring to.
Z3r0San1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:56 AM   #5   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Damn I remember this thing. It was on SBS. I'm pretty sure it had 'Goku' in the title.

EDIT: Ya, Google. I think the show is called "Goku Midnight Eye". I'm not 100% sure on this so conformation would be good.

Last edited by Wolfpac; 01-02-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Wolfpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:33 AM   #6   [permalink]
mrgazpacho
Forum Master

Yeah Wolfy; you're dead right.

The peacock feather "Eyes" were indeed used for hypnosis. Obviously Goku's staff is loosely modelled on the legendary staff of Son Goku the Monkey King.

There was also another girl with motorcycle handles...
Old 01-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #7   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Ive seen this anime. I will get back to you by the end of the day.
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #8   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Taking a bit longer than I thought.
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #9   [permalink]
Zemlianika

Send a message via MSN to Zemlianika
Originally Posted by Z3r0San1ty
I'm not very sure if this is the right area to post but apologize if its not and hope the admin could transfer this post to where it should be if thats the case. I'm in search of an Anime I watched awhile back on cable but have no idea what the movie was called. I'm vague on the scenes but some little pieces I do rememeber of the movie had a Lady with peacock feathers on her back which I believe she used to hypnotsis her victims I believe and she wore a blind fold because in the movie they said she cut out her eyes to stop seeing visions of the future I believe. Also I rememeber of a scene where the main character walked around with I believe was an extented pole that would extented on the push of a button, There was a scene where he walked up to someone who was sitting on a bench and I think there was a confortation at one point and he extended the pole into the guys skull almost impailing him. Those are the only 2 scenes I vaguely rememeber from the movie but if someone could tell me what movie I was actually watching I would greatly appreciate it. I know its a long shot for someone to figure this movie out but I figured what the hell might as well take a shot. Thanks In advance.
Old 28-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #10   [permalink]
gocats1

I, too, have an anime that I'm looking for. It was shown on the sci-fi channel many years ago. I remember the hero was kind of like a cyborg/mega-man character and he even had a robotic dog. The hero's name was Kashawn(sp?)and the nemesis went by the name Black King-1.

Anybody know what the name of the movie is and if it's available on DVD?

Any info is appreciated!!

Last edited by gocats1; 28-02-2007 at 06:08 PM.
gocats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #11   [permalink]
mrgazpacho
Forum Master

Originally Posted by gocats1
I, too, have an anime that I'm looking for. It was shown on the sci-fi channel many years ago. I remember the hero was kind of like a cyborg/mega-man character and he even had a robotic dog. The hero's name was Kashawn(sp?)and the nemesis went by the name Black King-1.

Anybody know what the name of the movie is and if it's available on DVD?
It's called Casshern (yes, it's the basis for the 2004 live-action movie). The English dub accidentally called it Casshan due to poor Japanese skills.

The original 1973 anime is not a movie; it's a series.

The 1993 remake was originally 4 parts but was spliced together and released on DVD as a single movie called Casshan: Robot Hunter. I don't know if you'll be able to find it for sale any more as it wasn't very popular...