Old 15-03-2007, 04:41 AM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Reideen

http://www.reideen.jp/

Off AnimeNfo
Quote:
The story takes place in Japan's near future.

Saiga Junki enjoys his school life as a normal high school student. One day, he hears that his father, an archaeologist missing for the past 10 years, was found dead in ruins located at Iwate Prefecture’s Mt. Kurokami; thus, Junki travels there.

Junki blacks out while in the ruins and witnesses a strange vision. Upon waking, he finds a gold bracelet left beside him with an inscription that reads, "The Great Reideen..."

At the same time, a meteor falls from the sky and a large mechanical beast appears out of a lake.

What is this gold shining object that appeared from out of Mt. Kurokami as if in response to the mechanical beast?

The story illustrates Junki's transference between his normal life during the day and his strange life of fighting by night, the embarrassment of peers, conflict, and human drama in detail.

Will the great power that Junki happened to obtain bring him glory... or fear?

*This is a remake of the 1975 series Yusha Reideen.
So REIDEEN, science fiction mecha series from Production IG based off the 1975 series Brave Raideen. First episode is out ala fansubs (find it at your usual spots).

I guess I was interested because it was Production IG here. First episode was okay, it managed to hold my interest. Too early to tell what's to come of the series. I guess we can expect a more character and plot driven series than an action one from the short battle scene which was featured in the first episode, they were hulking robots with slow movements, more menacing than flashy looking (though Reideen is a nice gold but it's shadowed by the night). And with the dark eerie atmosphere, having the robots blitzing and insane speeds firing millions of missles and lasers just would be awkward. And speaking of weapons, seems like Reideen wields a bow and arrow as its main, looking forward to how it (really) fights.

Yeah I will follow this series through.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #2   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Just watched the first episode myself. Didn't know much about the original Reideen before watching this one. The first episode was good. This is an anime that is shrouded in mystery, so this may be a slow-paced story. The animation itself was great. Production IG did a good job. Especially when the two mecha were on screen. Looked really good. I like what I see so far.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote