Old 15-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Wink Mouse

I just found a comedy-action series about a master thief who boasts that there is nothing he cannot steal, and then makes good on his promise. Does this sound like Lupin III? Actually, Lupin is Disney fare compared to Mouse.

Sorata Muon is a high school art teacher. But secretly he represents the 20th generation of the Muon family of thieves -- each one who goes by the name Mouse. He is assisted by three women, with a couple of grotesquely large breasts, who call him Master, and will follow any order. They also all want to be his sex slaves, which embarrasses Sorata to no end. Not only that, but some of his female students also have desires for Sorata. But he is too much the gentleman.

I watched disc 1, which contains episodes 1-6. There is one more disc in the series which I hope to get soon. The episodes last less than 15 minutes. There’s no violence, but plenty of female nudity and outward sexual content -- more in one episode than some animes contain in an entire season.

Through the first six episodes, I rate the series as good, but not great. Much of the action is good, but if you don’t care for the fan service, then you may find this a bit silly.

More after I finish the series.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I just finished the series, and. . . .

Well, OK. Mouse is kind of silly, dumb and condescending to women. But it still is fun to watch!

There’s no mind candy here. There are no great lessons to be learned, and no insights on life. But it is still fun to watch!

Unfortunately, it is a short series -- 12 episodes that run less than 15 minutes each, although a lot goes on in that time. Around episode 9, Mouse gets a mortal enemy. Had the series gone on longer, that could have been interesting. I can think of a few other storylines they could have had. Yayoi suffers a severe concussion when she is hit in the head by her own breasts. (Yes they are that big! ) Maybe schoolgirl Machiko could have joined Mouse’s all female posse?

Another interesting aspect of the show is that there are minor characters who look a lot like characters in other animes. Machiko’s two friends look like characters from Lain and Please! Teacher. In the final episode, there is a character who could be the twin sister of Bleach’s Orihime. I don’t know if this was intentional or not.

Anyway, dumb show. Good fun. This is a guilty pleasure for all you who take your anime seriously.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote