Old 25-09-2001, 06:30 AM   #1   [permalink]
Logick
Executive Member

Something that's been bothering me about Yuu Watase's work

I've only seen Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres(and read a bit of the Manga of both) but it really seems like her stuff is predicatable. They all seem to center on one girl and almost every Bishonen falls in love with her and wants her, and would kill for her. And in the end, a bunch of people die(either for her or because of her) and she sends up with the most obivious choice for her. My question if about her other works... are they the same?
Old 25-09-2001, 09:42 AM   #2   [permalink]
ShaylaShayla

Send a message via AIM to ShaylaShayla Send a message via Yahoo to ShaylaShayla
yeah basically they have different characters... but the plot is basically the same.. annoying teenage girll.. falls for the idiot cute guy. when there is a guy a billion times beter that loves her but she complete ignors her.. and he usually dies for her.. while she ends up with the stupif main guy.. oh well i still love it..
But just don't deceive me
And please believe me when I say....
I love you....
ShaylaShayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2001, 12:38 PM   #3   [permalink]
kottonkandee

now that you mention it....it does seem to be that way. o well, i liked tamahome..hez hecka kute. hehe but hotohori was really sweet. and yuuhi is hecka kute too. not to say that tooya(bad spelling) is not kute or whatever) ^_^ owellz. i guess her stories are all like shojo mangas. itz still nice though cuz i love those series. hehe. so yea, i guess they're almost the same.
kottonkandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2001, 08:22 PM   #4   [permalink]
Usagi^.^
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Seen only FY and AnC... Those are shoujo series, what do you expect? ^^ Love triangles... In FY, it even comes to a square or pentagone.. ^^;;

Sure, the ending is sooooo predictable... But in my eyes, all stories that end happy and all are, so. :þ The plot is almost the same, yeah, but the way she presented it and the lil details makes her series awesome, and I never felt that when I was watching AnC, I was watching FY. That's what's important. ^^
Usagi^.^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2001, 11:52 PM   #5   [permalink]
matsu
Forum Junkie

haihai,

i mean, look - it's the typical shoujo genre after all =)

the teenage heroine is always far from perfect with a bunch of bishounens surrounding her (only if that were true in real life! )

i've read some of Imadoki. It is shoujo, but the story and characters are in a much more normal and realistic setting (within a high school).

Tanpopo is another typical main female character (yes, think 'Miaka' :shudders
the story however, isn't that bad - but there are some resemblence to Hana Yori Dango (which happens to be a series that i really love ^_^).

Life goes on....

-----------------------------------------------
matsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2001, 11:01 PM   #6   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Its what you expect out of a shoujo genre. Love triangles, one annoying teenage girl (a la Miaka :Cringes: ) falls for the cutest hero ever, tragic death of a few chacarters, etc.

Watase Yuu-sensei lives up to her work. Of course, we girls predict what happens next after one plot unraveled to another. I know the envy building up whenever we see a bishonen on our screens. If only we have men THAT gorgeous in our areas, I can imagine them falling head over heels for us typical girls.

What Watase is trying to achieve is that no matter the circumstances in life, we can pull through tougher situations later on.

Out of all the shoujo mangas that she created over the years, she lives up to her name and work.

Now I'm asking Ota Taiga on how am I going to conduct an ACTUAL interview with the woman behind Ayashi No Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi and Shishunki. He knows Watase Yuu back in manga school (Can't believe they have it @ Japan) and, according to him, she is a well respected sempai.

Here's to finding out more about Watase Yuu-sensei
Old 16-10-2001, 02:36 AM   #7   [permalink]
matsu
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kawaii_No_Miko

Watase Yuu-sensei lives up to her work.

What Watase is trying to achieve is that no matter the circumstances in life, we can pull through tougher situations later on.

Out of all the shoujo mangas that she created over the years, she lives up to her name and work.

yeah i agree - Watase-sensei does live up to her work.
she is the most respected and popular shoujo manga authors out there.

yes, there is a common theme of annoying ditzy female leads - but the underlying theme is about growing up, and as Kawaii_No_Miko mentioned, that we can always to pull through tough situations - no matter the circumanstance.
it's about experiencing life, relationships - the pains and joys of growing up - to learn from mistakes and better understanding of oneself.

Life goes on....

-----------------------------------------------

Last edited by matsu; 16-10-2001 at 02:39 AM.
matsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2001, 02:48 PM   #8   [permalink]
Chikiboo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Chikiboo Send a message via AIM to Chikiboo
I love Watabase-sempai's artworks sooooo much ... oki story line could maybe less predictictable but i's sooooo cute!!! And bishounen ... I want my Tenshi-Tooya too !!!

ProjetAkira : You're obsession with DDR and willingness to give me pictures of a male you, have made you AB's most frightening member EVER ....

:bow: @ Usagi^.^ : Anata wa MEGAMI-SAMA !!! :bow:

now you cant deny it.
Chikiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2001, 09:23 PM   #9   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
There there Chikiboo-chan. We all want a piece of Touya to ourselves XD~~~
Old 25-06-2005, 05:07 PM   #10   [permalink]
M.O.M.O

Send a message via AIM to M.O.M.O Send a message via Yahoo to M.O.M.O
Yuu Watase's work is rather predictable, but it has appeal. Especially to most girls.

Girl meets wicked cool guy.
Girl falls in love.
Relationship Problems (Basically psyco paths trying to ruin a good thing.)
And in the long run the couple lives happily ever after.

You know the usual. Also, has anyone ever noticed Ms. Watase only draws gorgeous characters? For once I want to see an ugly...no wait! A not so beautiful person in her work. And Ms. Q for Ayashi no Ceres doesn't count.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #11   [permalink]
GLB_08

Question Why Nudity?

I've noticed Yuu Watase often shows "female" characters nude. Why is that? There are always panty shots, nude scenes, don't get me wrong, but, why?
GLB_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #12   [permalink]
iPooted

That's true that it's predictable.
But at least the story line's are good.
And in the series, when they show the female characters nakey, they have like no private parts?
I mean not to be perverted or anything, but it kind of scares me?
O:
iPooted is offline   Reply With Quote