Old 29-07-2002, 09:34 AM   #16   [permalink]
Eddy
Forum Master

I still would'nt call it a "classic" Noriko was more annoying than Shinji, waling "oh FATHER! oH FATHER!" Every two minutes. And how come she was so blown away about him dying? she sais she was eight at the time and she only saw him one day every year. She's like 17 now wand she's still wailing on about him as if he died yesterday ans she knew him alot.

And talk about cheap anime, at the funal space battle they had balck and white stills of the battle and a small tally of how many ships mwere blown up. Even original mobile suit Gundam showed the actual battles.

"There's a molester in your bathroom"-Oh my Goddess

"Akito! come join me in the shower!-Nadesico
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2002, 12:39 PM   #17   [permalink]
Ryoma
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Ryoma
Well they said they did the final episode in Black and White because it was the only way to accurately capture the size and scale of the Black Hole Bomb. Plus I also think they did it for artistic effect.

Personally I kinda like it in B&W...it's different.
Isamu1122 [12:35 AM]: I know, I'm not trying to bag her, but it would be worth seeing the dejected looks on the others after I did bag her
Akerman [12:35 AM]: Yes, that would be worth it.
Akerman [12:35 AM]: Its funny...
Isamu1122 [12:35 AM]: I'm just full of quotes tonite
Isamu1122 [12:36 AM]: almost as good as ordering a cheeseburger without cheese and a hamburger with cheese, then complaining that the burgers are mixed up and you got a hamburger and a cheeseburger instead
Akerman [12:36 AM]: Now thats a good one too...
Ryoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2002, 02:57 PM   #18   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddy
And talk about cheap anime, at the funal space battle they had balck and white stills of the battle and a small tally of how many ships mwere blown up. Even original mobile suit Gundam showed the actual battles.
Episode 6 is meant to be in B&W.., not for the cheapness of it.., but to represent a cinema movie.., you know, like the B&W war movies after the WWII..., a film to document history..., it's also the reason why that is the only episode presented in widescreen...,
And how would you animate 10,000 ships being blown up in the space of 25 mins........?

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2002, 07:40 PM   #19   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Quote:
Originally posted by EVA fiend
And how would you animate 10,000 ships being blown up in the space of 25 mins........?
Veeeerrry carefully

I've only seen the first half of Gunbuster and thought it was phenomenal. Maybe I can find some used copies floating around on Ebay ^_^
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 07:44 PM   #20   [permalink]
Eddy
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by EVA fiend

E
extend it to five minutes or just do what gundam or Nadesico did...just do it.

I just found gunbuster very....corny. They kept going on about dueling but they've forgotten the mechs are designed to kill? i mean theese RX things did'nt seem to have any weapons..only the gunbuster did and the mechs doing exrercises was just silly. how about combat training?

Old 30-07-2002, 08:29 PM   #21   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddy
I just found gunbuster very....corny. They kept going on about dueling but they've forgotten the mechs are designed to kill? i mean theese RX things did'nt seem to have any weapons..only the gunbuster did and the mechs doing exrercises was just silly. how about combat training?
The RX's were mainly just training tools. The point of the excercises was to get the pilots used to using there mech and understanding it's movement. I thought that was rather original tracking the pilots as they go through their intense training regimen and seeing how they develop as a product of that.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2002, 04:06 PM   #22   [permalink]
Eddy
Forum Master

it was just silly, do you see tanks and aircraft doing execises? no, you see them blowing up things

Old 05-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #23   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
I loved Gunbuster. Noriko had more guts than Shinji..she was kicking butt towards the end of the series. For such a short series it was very impressive.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote