Old 12-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #1   [permalink]
General Tso

disc 1 VS. all

That's right. Disc 1 VS. everybody else. Just like when the 2 good basketball players took on everybody else at recess.

I just watched disc 1 and thought the CGI and flight scenes were very cool. The setting could definately grow on me. I like the obvious reference to revolutionary war era tactics becoming useless.

But...so far I feel like the characters, dialogue and plot suck. Generally just a childish feel to everything. The English dubbing certainly doesn't help in that respect either, but it might just be the writing that's killing it for me.

Anyway, if I didn't enjoy disc 1 a whole lot, is there a reason for me to keep watching? Will the plot explode and gain interest? Will the characters too? Will the writing get more mature?
General Tso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #2   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

I actually really enjoyed the series. The war backdrop is pushed to the forefront after the first disk & as a war drama I think the series has it's merits. My biggest problem with the series is the main character Claus. He's a boring, squeaky clean, goody-two-shoes; thankfully, the rest of the cast make up for the dull main protagonist.

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote