Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Question Ex-Drivers

I rented and just finished disc 1 of the series -- a very short series. Disc 1 has only three episodes, and there is only one more disc.

The premise: In the not so distant future, all cars are electric driven and controled by a central computer. On rare occasions, such as several times a day, something goes wrong and a car goes out of control. That's when Lisa and Lorna, two teenage (of coarse) girls spring into action. They are the Ex-Drivers, the only people allowed to drive gas powered cars. Their job is to risk their lives trying to bring runaway cars under control. But then they get a third member -- a boy genius named Souichi, who immediately becomes Lisa's rival because she cannot accept that a kid can be a better driver than her.

Anyway, there is some good action, but when there is no action there is nothing much to look at. I haven't decided if it is worth renting disc 2.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #2   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
I watched this OVA a good couple of years back, I remember not being very impressed by it. Sloppy animation for the "action" driving scenes, actually mediocre animation all round. The only reason why I checked it out was I was in my Initial D phase.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 01:53 AM   #3   [permalink]
ParticleEffect
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by orochi X
I watched this OVA a good couple of years back, I remember not being very impressed by it. Sloppy animation for the "action" driving scenes, actually mediocre animation all round. The only reason why I checked it out was I was in my Initial D phase.
same. i watched it because it was about cars, lol. there's a movie too, and a 1 episode OAV prequal. it's not a bad watch, it's just nothing special.

i don't know if it has some awsome manga source or not like initial D did.