Old 07-02-2007, 02:44 AM   #1   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Kare Kano Rocks.

I have had this series sitting on my shelf unwatched for about 4 months now. WHAT WAS I THINKING? This thing is surprisingly good. The only reason I brought it was because of the director’s name. But even then I thought that it might be a crappy Romance Comedy. But it was good. Apart from the two main characters being too perfact the emotion that this series showed was great.

I also like this series because it didn't drag on and on and on. There are some shows that drag out a first kiss for the whole 26 episodes. This went straight into it. If I remember correctly, they got together by episode 4 and had their first kiss by episode 5 or 6. That is what I like to see.

O.K I have 2 questions

1. Is this show aimed at the male or female audience? I would say that it is aimed at the female public but there isn't an abundance of pretty boys in this series, so I don't know.
2. I read in one of the older threads that Kare Kano stopped just to ---- the viewers off. I mean they could have finished the 14 Days arc off. How was the play? Did it go off O.K? And how did the dinner show go? Ha ha. Anyway, I want to know at what volume does the Manga take over from where the series left off? I want to continue the series off but I don't want to read what I have already watched.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:05 AM   #2   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
Its aimed at girls, I think the show ended where it did because Gainax run out of money and read the manga.
Old 30-03-2007, 04:40 AM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I always knew it was good. Didn't Hideaki Anno make it? I wouldn't say its for girls at all. It is a wonderful exploration of people and relationships, just like NGE but softer.

I was very glad when watching it that it wasn't a psycho version of 'Peach Girl' - cheap, cheesy, meaningless romantic drama. Kare Kanno tackled some of the most common issues and changes people go through with partnering. It is nice that somebody actually defends the fact that when you're in a relationship you cannot expect the same level of freedom you had outside of it, even if logically it isn't a problem (I refer here to jealousy etc). Its not a free pass for control freak males, but it is certainly a step up from guys being expected to "chill" at the idea of his girlfriend spending a lot of time alone with males who are attracted to her.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #4   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolfpac
I have had this series sitting on my shelf unwatched for about 4 months now. WHAT WAS I THINKING? This thing is surprisingly good.
O.K I have 2 questions
I heard good things about this too. I even went and borrowed the series from someone a long time ago. Never got round to watching it though.

Originally Posted by Wolfpac
1. Is this show aimed at the male or female audience? I would say that it is aimed at the female public but there isn't an abundance of pretty boys in this series, so I don't know.
I thought there were a lot of girls in this as well? In any case, I think I remember why I didn't watch it. It appeared to be (hence might not actually be) just one of those soft & soppy high school romance dramas, and I wanted more cutting edge drama.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #5   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
This has one of the best first halfs of any anime series I've seen...

Then they stick several pointless recap episodes and the the series stumbles to a below average ending.

I had such high hopes after the first half dozen episodes. But the last half dozen episodes were a major disappointment.
Old 22-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #6   [permalink]
gawl
Executive Member

Originally Posted by iwakura
This has one of the best first halfs of any anime series I've seen...

Then they stick several pointless recap episodes and the the series stumbles to a below average ending.

I had such high hopes after the first half dozen episodes. But the last half dozen episodes were a major disappointment.
I don't have a problem with the 2nd half of the series, but the ending was lacking. That was because the anime deviated so much from the manga that the manga writer and the director couldn't agree on the direction of the anime; hence, an unfinished anime series.
gawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #7   [permalink]
Access
---------

Send a message via ICQ to Access Send a message via MSN to Access
Bad Wolfy, Kare Kano is manditory watching.

Kare Kano and Evangelian have surprisingly similar endings, its no wonder though is it? If anyone watches something directed by Hideaki and expects to be walked through a standard plot in the last hast half of the series is mislead.

Like watching Mulholland Drive and complaining it doesnt make a lot of sense, when all of David Lynchs films dont make a hell of a lot of sense.

"Even if you dont believe in Love, love someone"

"Paranoia is the belief in a hidden order behind the visible."

"Millions of human hands at work, billions of minds...a vast network, screaming with life: an organism. A natural organism."

Last edited by Access; 26-11-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #8   [permalink]
DraniX
Forum Master

I Will Slaughter You All Like A Wolf Among Lambs.
"Disgusting."
DraniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #9   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Asapin?