Old 24-06-2005, 03:57 AM   #1   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Beck

Adv Search revealed no threads on this anime!?? What a crime. Ok, granted it doesnt feel that original..its still awesome. Its beautiful, I love it. The main character's pain, the drama, the girls..its all fantastic.

It made me wanna play a guitar. It made me wanna go visit some live band clubs. It made me wake up early before work so I could watch more episodes.
Course, Im not actually gonna try to play guitar or go to any place with a live metal band. No, once I finish this series I'll relax a bit and then go back to watch anime about kawaii girls and fluffy talking animals.

<3 Engrish
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 04:31 AM   #2   [permalink]
MaNgA4LyF
Forum Elite

Send a message via MSN to MaNgA4LyF
Ahahaha i was first attracted to the anime by the Engrish Lyrics. Full Moon Sways indeed.

xD i started playing bass few months ago same time i started kendo >.< but my friend needed his guitar back so i have to go out and buy my own. Ive been to a few live and some concerts, appreciating the music a bit more now >_> i still think Pink Floyd is better though. Really great anime, Pulls you in, and you dont know why the hell it does
Old 24-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I swear to ----, I keep humming "Full Moon Sways". Im thinking that on top of buying an electric guitar, I might end up buying an anime soundtrack for once. Ive been through all my mp3 lists and I just cant find anything to keep me going. The only 'rock' I have is RATM and Jpop stuff. Gonna have to re-aquire the collections of zeppelin etc I once had.

Still, im such a goddamn quitter. I'll prolly get http://www.jandd-guitars.com/jd-bobo1.htm for $800 then give up after a month. Oh well. I cant help it. Just like Yakitate Japan makes me wanna bake bread. Im so easy to market to, lol.
Old 25-06-2005, 06:31 PM   #4   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Then you should stay away from Prince of tennis
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 12:55 AM   #5   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

I spent a few hours trying to figure out what the lyrics to Full Moon on the Water were supposed to mean. The lyrics in the manga were much better though.

And Pengi, why not just get a Rogue RA-100D? It should only cost around $200 AU and is a great guitar to learn on. Acoustics make the callouses form faster anyway.

Last edited by Hiigaran; 26-06-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Hiigaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 01:43 AM   #6   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Originally Posted by Hiigaran
I spent a few hours trying to figure out what the lyrics to Full Moon on the Water were supposed to mean. The lyrics in the manga were much better though.

And Pengi, why not just get a Rogue RA-100D? It should only cost around $200 AU and is a great guitar to learn on. Acoustics make the callouses form faster anyway.

Im going to the music store tomorrow. Ive researched a bit more (as much as a non musical person can I guess) and I'll get a cheap electric to start with.
Accoustic I'll get a little later on. I saw a really cool looking (photo) Epiphone Les Paul. I realise that because of its price it probably isnt a very good guitar, but in the begining I only have to learn the cords etc..not play.

As to the lyrics Im not sure it matters what is said. I mean, how many songs these days have coherent lyrics?
Old 26-06-2005, 09:32 AM   #7   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

It's pretty coherent english in the manga so....

But seriously. I have a cheap electric, Epiphone LP-100, and it's fine. I got it used. I'll let you know, though, after playing seriously for a few months my fingers are still too soft to properly form a lot of the chords. Maybe the fretboard is worn down, since I bought it used, but my fingers not having callouses definitely does not help.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #8   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Because it needs a bump.

Recently finished watching the anime, and wow hands down is one of my new favourites, I'm dissapointed in myself that I didn't pick this series up earlier. This really is such an awesome series, I can't stress it enough among all the crap that's out now this is a gem.

Love the art style, wouldn't of worked any other way I reckon, fantastic cast of characters especially dig Maho but who wouldn't and of course the music, I need to grab the soundtrack definately, I loved it in the last episode when I heard the Pillows.

I need the manga, I hear that's still going, so can I safely assume that it continues where the anime left off?
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:49 AM   #9   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Forgot about this thread.

I did buy an electric guitar, and I did buy the soundtrack. The less asked about how far I tried to learn the guitar, or how often I listened to the soundtrack, the better.

Damn, wth was I thinking? Singer sounds like a mentally retarded kid (due to pronunciation issues, hey, cant sing english? dont try).
Old 16-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #10   [permalink]
ParticleEffect
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki

I did buy an electric guitar, and I did buy the soundtrack. The less asked about how far I tried to learn the guitar, or how often I listened to the soundtrack, the better.

Damn, wth was I thinking? Singer sounds like a mentally retarded kid (due to pronunciation issues, hey, cant sing english? dont try).
well i'll give this thread a big bump since i just watched the english version of the show. i have not seen the japanese version so i can't personally compare, but the english version was decent enough.

the story was decent enough but it is certainly geared toward music fans, or specifically traditional rock music fans. of course, as watching a kid learn to master samples and sequencing doesn't really have same the appeal as a good old guitar. other than the obvious music angle, the story is pretty common teenage finding a place in the world stuff, so it's best to judge it on how it tells the story, the style, rather than the story itself. well, it did a good job, i didn't care for a lot of aspects meant to appeal to the stereotypical japanese 14 year old, but the show had enough style of it's own to make up for that. style over substance? maybe, but i like that sort of thing anyway.
Old 16-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #11   [permalink]
DraniX
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Have you listened to any of the Yoko Kanno tracks from the Cowboy Bebop movie? They sound good but their English lyrics make absolutely no sense. I pretty much just accept bad English as part of Japanese musical culture.
"Disgusting."
DraniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #12   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Bad grammar I don't care about, our own singers constantly screw that pooch.

Badly pronounced words, makes me cringe. Especially if I know that they're supposed to be sounding really really good.
Old 16-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #13   [permalink]
crimson2

This anime was great simply put. While the english was somewhat broken I still enjoyed it.
crimson2 is offline   Reply With Quote