Old 08-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Question Is this worth watching?

I just finished disc 1, episodes 1-4. I'm not sure yet if I am going to stick with this one. It is kind of a cutsie anime. But there are some laughs. Episode 4 where Chi buys underpants got a few laughs. But basically, this looks more like a chick anime.

There is no continuous storyline yet. But there are some interesting relationships. Hideki seems like a typical oversexed, but underserviced, 18 year old. I can see where this anime is going. Hideki and Chi will fall in love, right?

This is not the type of anime I usually go for. I will give disc 2 a look, since Netflix already put it in the mail to me.

One good thing is that it should not take too long to get through the series. I usually watch each episode of a series twice, once in English and once in Japanese with subtitles to get the full story. But the story here is uncomplecated, and the English subtitles in the Japanese version add nothing to what we get from the English dub.

So should I stick with this series? What do you say? AND NO SPOILERS PLEASE -- in case I decide to watch the rest of the series.

BTW, Chi kind of reminds me of Nyu from Elfin Lied -- except that Chi does not kill people.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #2   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I didnt get past the first or second episode. The female was just too submissive. I decided it was an anime designed only for the saddest, most insecure sort of male.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #3   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

The humor does seem to appeal more towards adults with a 15-year-old mentality. Maybe that's who the series was made for. I asked about it on another forum, and I will see what they say there. I will also give disc 2 a chance before deciding if I want to watch the whole 7-disc series.

I do know that the series has quite a following.
Old 13-10-2008, 12:42 AM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I finished disc 2. There are some interesting story lines, but they are all too predictable. I can't decide if the series is geared towards 8-year-olds with more adult tastes, or adults with the mind of an 8-year-old.

It does have some possibilities, but after viewing the first eight episodes, I decided to give it a rest. If someone at some later date gives me a reason to finish the series, I will look at the next 5 discs.
Old 13-10-2008, 03:30 AM   #5   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
It gets better just keep watching

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #6   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by cool2burn View Post

Can you give me a bit more detail as to why I should keep watching? No spoilers; just an idea of what territory we would be getting into.
Old 15-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #7   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Originally Posted by MeMyself View Post
Can you give me a bit more detail as to why I should keep watching? No spoilers; just an idea of what territory we would be getting into.
thats kinda a oxymoron impossible lol

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2008, 01:58 AM   #8   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
No, it should be possible. For instance, if someone wanted to give up NGE around ep 4 I'd say "stick around, soon it gets more intense with conspiracies and stuff"

They don't need to know who dies or what the conspiracy is...just that it isnt all just Shinji screaming "waaaaaaaaaaaaa" and jokes about Misato.
Old 16-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #9   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

thats kinda a oxymoron impossible lol
I've talked about animes without giving spoilers. Movie reviewers talk about movies without giving away spoilers.

Having said that, does anyone have anything useful to say as to if I should continue the series?
Old 19-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #10   [permalink]
silverwind

I agree.
Old 20-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #11   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by silverwind View Post
I agree.
Agree to what? cool2burn didn't say anything?

Again, does anyone have anything useful to say?