Old 23-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #1   [permalink]
Jura

I guess I should make one now...

...while I'm still sorta new.

I go by Jura. I'm into anime, manga, blogging, foruming, collecting videos, and I change avatars a lot. I've seen this site before from Google and I think this place still holds potential. Just the administration has to act on fixing the place. Not exactly new to forums and I know the drill, as I use to be a moderator for a forum called Anime-forums.com and I run my own.

Hope I can contribute here.
Jura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #2   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

In AnimeBoards's darkest days, the stars must be aligned for a glorious revolution.

Once this place was heaving with life, like a colony of army ants. Then God slowly faded away and SATAN took hold of everyone's poor little minds.

Welcome, paladin.

Help shape the eternal bliss that is the Future of AnimeBoards. Chastise the management team daily for their lacklustre performances. Harangue people who do not post. Draw similarities between the present state of AnimeBoards and failed states such as Haiti. The tide will turn. Selah.

We will build a new messageboard from the ashes. One that is not afraid to be different. Our first commandment is that we strive for excellent posts and reprimand those who don't. We shall chase these demons away.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #3   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark

Damn, John. You really put a lot of thought into that one, didn't you?

Welcome to AnimeBoards, Jura. I hope that your stay is a happy one and that you enjoy your time spent here.

Irish Diplomacy: The ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to the trip.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #4   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by AnkaraStark View Post
It's not nice to laugh at new members you know.

Originally Posted by AnkaraStark View Post
Damn, John. You really put a lot of thought into that one, didn't you?
Introduction posts by new members are a rare treat on AB and as such it is only right that I summon up all my creative energy. I felt physically drained at work for the whole day after making that post. Yet the amount of thought does not even begin to touch my magnum opus (http://www.animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=60494):

Quote:
Hello and welcome to Anime Boards.com!

Anyway, here's a gift basket for you becoming a new member… It includes; A yogurt Launcher, A free coupon to eat at a Himalayas Restaurant for 5$ off, some pilfered skittles, A cat grooming brush, A can of anti-Schizm spray (you’re gonna need it), Some toe nail clippings, Sauted shandy biscuits, Blue outrageous sweep thirsting program, Shouting damaged gorge crouching tiger hidden dragon, Cockroach butterfly elephant wild boar yellow orange door window, Abcdefg, Fantastic come-lately futuristic drowning pheasant, and this handy book of gross interpretation of the forum Rules ... Enjoy!

With compliments from all true anime fans
I truly cannot wait until the next new member introduces him/her/itself. Shockwaves will be sent around the world of modern art. Picasso will rise from his grave to gawp in amazement at the Introductions subforum on AnimeBoards; the spirits of Mozart, Beethoven and Wagner will gather here and conduct beautiful, ethereal music.

Watch this space.

Oh by the way, I see no moderators are saying hi to this new member .
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #5   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark
Sorry to break this to ya, darlin', but I was laughing at you, not Jura.

I don't actually think I've seen a moderator post in the introduction threads to welcome new people in a while. Shame, that.

Irish Diplomacy: The ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to the trip.
Old 30-11-2008, 02:13 AM   #6   [permalink]
diabolique_nfg

Hullo Jura...i'm more of a newb than u lol
diabolique_nfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #7   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

And a fine welcome to you as well, Diablo!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #8   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
Welcome to AB Jura!

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #9   [permalink]
Darkandiel