Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #1   [permalink]
Oxilas

Trying to recall old anime movie, maybe series?

Hi everyone,

new here. I'm trying to locate the name of an animated movie I say in the 80's. It may be older than that though. At least I think I saw it in the 80's.

It starred a young man who was a pilot. It was off earth though and he flew this red or yellow "i think" plane. It starts off with him somehow needing a new window bubble for his plane. And instead of using glass he uses the carapace of the eye of this huge forest creature. The creatures are huge big as buildings and bigger and kinda look like the little pill bugs you see in the dirt. They cannot touch water and in fact water will hurt them. In the part where he goes to get the new window for his plane he gets chased by one of the creatures but escapes.

Later in the movie a nearby kingdom is attacked by the creatures and they succeed in destroying a large city that has a huge dome of some sort. The young man befriends a boy from that city and they travel to another kingdom somewhere.

Another part of the movie I remember is where the young man rescues one of the forest creatures babies that is trapped on an island. he somehow gets it across the water and the large mother creature does not attack them as a result.

Wish I could remember more. Anyone that can details that will be great or a name would be better.

I searched several indexes of anime but so far have not found it.

Thanks everyone.
Oxilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:12 AM   #2   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
I'm pretty sure it is Nausicaa you were talking about.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:52 AM   #3   [permalink]
mrgazpacho
Forum Master

I agree
Old 06-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #4   [permalink]
Oxilas

yup, that's it! Thanks. haha my young man is a young girl. lol
Oxilas is offline   Reply With Quote