Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #1   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

HI! New Member Here!

Hi fellow Anime-lovers!

I'm a complete newb to AnimeBoards; hell, I'm a complete nooewbie to the Internet in general! But I've heard great things about digital interactive devices such as messageboards and chat rooms, and - hee hee - I can't wait to join in the fun!!! I mean, what can be more fun than real-time discussions with anonymous people online, where you can learn about the opinions of fun people!

Just to let you know a bit more about myself: I'm just your average fun-loving anime fan - I mean who isn't? Hee hee hee. Hedonism is my name, hedonism is my game. Plato's Socrates once said: "An unexamined life is not worth living", but who listens to boring old philosophers!?!? I live by the motto:

"An examined life is not worth living".

Offline, I'm an easy-going, laid-back person. I don't like to think too much about ... anything. So long as it's fun, then bring it on!! . That's why I love anime! Because it's fun! You don't need to think too hard. I certainly wouldn't touch a serious book like Harry Potter once in my life. It's got too many words! Tee hee hee.

Online, I am a very happy-go-lucky person with a cheery disposition. Every minute I am online, I cherish the love and warmth given by the very personal interface of fun-stuff like FaceBook. Every second, I think of the sun with a big happy smile on it, with happy people jumping around beautiful, lush fields. I also believe in the intrinsic goodness of humankind - how can you not after reading about all these wonderful blog entries on the Internet! .

I look forward to having interesting, fun discussions with you all! FUN, FUN, FUN!!

J. F.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:21 AM   #2   [permalink]

Great, the douchebag has returned.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #3   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by 724496 View Post
Great, the douchebag has returned.
724496, there is no need to introduce yourself to me; I know that you have returned from your other threads.

BTW, I see that you have changed your username. If I may be so bold, can I ask you kindly what your reason is for doing so? This is just a guess, but perhaps you are ashamed of your previous online self? Please correct me if I'm wrong .

But I will say one thing, your new username is a vast improvement on your previous one. And your awfully witty one-liners are a vast improvement on posts associated with your old account. Keep up the good work.
Old 13-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #4   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Maybe he forgot his password? Like we all wish you'd do with yours >_>
Old 13-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #5   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki View Post
Maybe he forgot his password?
So why didn't he get his old password back and go back to using his old account? It's been over 3 months, so it's clear he doesn't want to be associated with his old account anymore. I think it's just a sense of guilt at what he used to post, but perhaps he can enlighten us both.

Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki View Post
Like we all wish you'd do with yours >_>
Pengi, Pengi, Pengi. Pengi. Pengi. You should be privileged that someone like me has come back to help boost activity here by dispensing words of wisdom, especially since this is the only forum I can be bothered posting in now. Hell, I'm not even partaking in stupidly long forum "discussions" on Realpolitik or engaging in endless arguments with self-proclaimed online fundamentalist Christians on the meaning of the Holy Spirit.

Instead, I only post when there is a real need; an urgent situation that calls for drastic action. And there is nothing more urgent or important than helping AnimeBoards become more active. . I'm only in action nowadays on important missions, giving a bit of class to threads that I post in. Think of me as a Rolls-Royce. .

BTW, since my critics thought I was scaring away all the new members, where are the new members man? I thought this place would be chock full of active members making posts every second, since according to my critics, I was ferociously insulting the living daylights out of all new members.

Let's look at the facts on new members over the last 3 months or so (including old members coming back):

1. 724496: Can't form more than one short sentence.

2. Mojostrikes: 2 posts.

3. RecepterUnder: 2 posts.

4. johnny46: My namesake, but nowhere near as prolific. 3 posts.

5. kitty2009: 14 posts over 3 months. That's considered a high posting rate here.

6. Yep: 4 posts, and she's dead now.

7. Sukotto: 3 posts.

8. GothixEmo: 5 posts; seems content to hang around for all eternity with a serious typing allergy.

9. animefan89: 2 posts.

10. kiwiBi: 1 post.

11. Sonickewl: 2 posts.

12. OtakuMan: 4 posts.

13. dheu: Blah, blah, blah, here I am in all my full glory; Hi everyone; Wow this place is still alive; posts few threads; nobody replies; doesn't come back

14. Maulkin: 5 posts. Only joined to track his online soul-mate or something.

So can we cut the drivel about me scaring away new members? It's clear as day that new members stop posting because of a general inactivity here, no matter how much mealy-mouthed optimism that old members like Project Akira want to dish out.

In fact, I surpass the total number of posts made by virtually any new member in 1 bloody day, so even if I did drive them all away, you'd still see a better overall posting rate than if I wasn't around. That is the reality of the situation, for all you clueless critics out there.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 13-06-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 15-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #6   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tsunami-X
Glad you're not stalking me. Welcome back.

Old 15-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #7   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
13. dheu: Blah, blah, blah, here I am in all my full glory; Hi everyone; Wow this place is still alive; posts few threads; nobody replies; doesn't come back
OMG, I'm so honored. The fact that you've taken the time to monitor not only myself but all those other newcomers.... the fact that you've actually counted how many posts each one has left.... and then calculated that you could beat all of those posts as though you're trying to justify your own existence and presence on these boards.... I truly am impressed. The reason why you're no longer posting at other boards and only deign to share your presence with the lucky members of AB is suddenly extremely apparent. You've no doubt been rejected from all of them if not banned outright for overestimating your own wit and importance.

Sure, maybe you could post a lot here. Most people who like to hear themselves talk and see their words splashed across every corner of a forum manage to do quite well with their post counts. But if you believe that your self-righteous posts actually contribute in the slightest to the conversation at AB, you're just deluding yourself. One meaningful post a month from any other member here is worth about 100 of yours.

Do that math.
Old 15-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #8   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Tsunami-X View Post
Glad you're not stalking me. Welcome back.
CHEERRRRSSSS!

Originally Posted by dheu View Post
OMG, I'm so honored.
No probs.

The fact that you've taken the time to monitor not only myself but all those other newcomers.... the fact that you've actually counted how many posts each one has left.... and then calculated that you could beat all of those posts as though you're trying to justify your own existence and presence on these boards.... I truly am impressed.
What are you talking about, all I did was look through all the new intro threads and the post counts of all members are on their profiles. But I'm glad you're impressed by this perceived Herculean feat!

The reason why you're no longer posting at other boards and only deign to share your presence with the lucky members of AB is suddenly extremely apparent. You've no doubt been rejected from all of them if not banned outright for overestimating your own wit and importance.
No, I left because I was too smart for all of them. .

Sure, maybe you could post a lot here. Most people who like to hear themselves talk and see their words splashed across every corner of a forum manage to do quite well with their post counts.
Me: 1,422 posts. You: 1,879 posts. I also joined earlier. Why are you being so negative about yourself?

But if you believe that your self-righteous posts actually contribute in the slightest to the conversation at AB, you're just deluding yourself.
My posts are a shining example of what is needed for AB to recover. .

One meaningful post a month from any other member here is worth about 100 of yours.
You'd be lucky to see one post a month from most other members .

Do that math.
Doesn't add up, sorry.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 15-06-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 15-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #9   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
What are you talking about, all I did was looking through all the intro threads and the post counts of all members are on their profiles. But I'm glad you're impressed by this perceived Herculean feat!
Oh yes, very impressed that you took the time to examine the profiles of all newcomers. It's not everyone who can make time in their busy lives to ferret out important information like exactly how many posts each new member has contributed.

Quote:
No, I left because I was too smart for all of them. .
Of course you were.

Quote:
Me: 1,422 posts. You: 1,879 posts. I also joined earlier. Why are you being so negative about yourself?
I'm saddened by the fact that you've obviously never learned to read what's written in front of you, instead choosing to make up your own inexplicable interpretation of what those little words on the screen mean. You've done this with the rules and also here. You really should be careful about that, because when you go out into the world (that is, if you even go out in the world), not being able to fully understand what people are saying will really hurt your chances of being a normal human being.

Quote:
My posts are a shining example of what is needed for AB to recover. .
Posts that are riddled with fanatical self-importance and an overactive belief in how entertaining you are?

Quote:
You'd be lucky to see one post a month from most other members .
And yet they'd still be more interesting and thoughtful than 100 of yours are.

Quote:
Doesn't add up, sorry.
I'm surprised. Does your brain not function when it gets into multiple digits? Then again, you do run out of fingers to count on, so maybe I'm not so surprised after all. Keep working on it!
Old 15-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #10   [permalink]
Seifer_fan

why isn't seifer on the list.......... i feel so hated......i am going to become one of those crazed psycopathic goverment peoples who's goal it is to shut the internet down forever(notice the professional font)
Old 15-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #11   [permalink]
Seifer_fan

Old 16-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #12   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Yeah, so this went well from the outset.
Closed Thread