Old 15-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #1   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Going to be announced at San Diego...

Marvel apparently will be joining forces with Madhouse to make animated series. They'll be written by Warren Ellis, current writer on Astonishing X-Men and writer of Transmetropolitan and Planetary. I really don't know how to react to this especially since Marvel is referring to this venture as Marvel anime. This just seems weird and a mismatch really.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 12:21 AM   #2   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I suppose it depends on how much "influence" Marvel will have in the anime. If it is a story written by Ellis (pimp, I've read several comics written by him) but the rest was all Madhouse, then I can see something possibly incredible.

For anything beyond just having a story/script by Ellis, I can only say "meh" for now.

Knowing Marvel, I bet they'll have their grubby hands in everything. Plus, there will be a cameo by Stan Lee, cuz, like, there has to be.