Old 22-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #46   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I dont know if its forbidden, but a Kiren is not a human. By its very nature, a Kiren is a holy, pure beast. Romance tends to be more of a mortal thing. Certainly the way King En and Enki get along suggests that the Kiren doesn't have to be neccesarily inhumane, but if a Kiren cannot kneel before anyone but his master, it would suggest to me that they lack the mortal freedoms to have a normal relationship. They are a piece of the machine that is different from what a peasant piece would be.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #47   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

True. But the kiren are not void of emotional feelings either. That is why I think a storyline where Kaname and Yuka fall in love would be interesting. Kaname is in his human form. But if he develops romantic feelings towards Yuka, what happens when he remembers who he is and has to return to his kingdom as Taiki? Can he forget his feelings? Let's say another 10 years pass before Kaname regains his memory and identity as Taiki. In that time, he and Yuko could start a family. That would be one hell of a conflict!

Then there's that half-horse woman protecting Kaname/Taiki. I forget her name. I'm sure she would accept Yuko. She did leave her alone when Yuko told her she was a friend of the Queen of Kai. But someone would have to tell her to stop killing people. But that would be another story.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #48   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
horse woman? iirc Taiki tamed one of the most powerful youma out there...a shapeshifter who acts like a dog. Perhaps you mean that chimera where she is woman, lion, lizard or something. She is just a nanny really.
Old 27-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #49   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Minor Spoiler below

That's the one I'm talking about. She was part woman, part horse, but also had a lizard tail. But she's more than just a nanny. What nanny kills people who give their charges a hard time?
Old 29-10-2008, 03:06 AM   #50   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Actually she isnt meant to get blood on herself.
She *is* a nanny, but a proper "will protect the young" type.
Old 30-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #51   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
Excellent series..too bad it's not finished. I was really curious to learn more about the other kingdoms. Most of the time was spent in 5 out of 12. We caught glimpses of a few others and met a couple other rulers..but not much.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 AM   #52   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Yeh, if you could read Japanese I guess you could read the novels? No idea if they've been translated. Id love to read them.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #53   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I would like them to clean up the few loose ends.

Has anyone heard of plans to do new episodes? Unless this series totally flopped in Japan, I don't know why they would not.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:05 AM   #54   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
I think it's pretty certain that they won't do any more episodes.

Good thing, though: Tokyopop is translating and releasing the novels in English. So far three novels are out, with about one released every year or so. Or so.... this is Tokyopop we're talking about. The first two match up to the first two arcs of the anime, with some differences. The third one I haven't read yet but looks to be a new story not in the anime, from what I gather.

I'm a huge fan of the anime, but I'm an even bigger fan of the first book of the series. Definitely pick it up if you guys are interested. Amazon clicky.

And I know this is from months and months ago, but:

Originally Posted by MeMyself View Post
Minor Spoiler below

That's the one I'm talking about. She was part woman, part horse, but also had a lizard tail. But she's more than just a nanny. What nanny kills people who give their charges a hard time?
The problem is her charge, the kirin, can't shed blood or harm others. That leaves the kirin very vulnerable. The "nanny" is the one who protects the kirin while he/she is growing up. In this case, the nanny attacked and killed people because she perceived them to be a threat to her charge. She's a nanny but also more like a bodyguard too.

Last edited by dheu; 04-07-2009 at 03:06 AM.
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #55   [permalink]
direking

yes, the series is nice, i havent finished it yet, wow, need play hard!
direking is offline   Reply With Quote