Old 26-01-2003, 05:52 PM   #1   [permalink]
Ralvire
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Ralvire
Tenchi Forever: The Concept

I thought it was very clever how they kind of added a piece of Katsuhito's history in the film with the whole Haruna thing - now what i'm wondering is if it has any relevance to the OVA's or was just a new thing. Did they ever hint to anything like this in Katsuhito's past during the series? Or not?
It seems to me like it was just a new idea. I never remember Katsuhito involved with anyone in the OVA's or his trip to Earth. Doesn't it conflict with the real reason why he left Jurai?
Old 27-01-2003, 03:10 AM   #2   [permalink]
Fanatic
Executive Member

Actually, Tenchi Muyo: Forever was not set in the OAV storyline, so it does not add anything to the background of the OAV, and will not influence the comming OAV3.

It was part of Universe though, and did add some insight and material to the background of that continuity. (As well as a nice Ryoko/Tenchi ending for fans of that particular couple ^_^)
Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2003, 09:03 PM   #3   [permalink]
Outlaw Peru
Executive Member

Wink ^__^

hai... Tenchi Forever was more int Tenchi Universe series... the way i found out was by watching at Kiyone... she is the main key.. she never appeared in the OVA... XD!!! ^___^ ja ne!
Outlaw Peru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:14 AM   #4   [permalink]
Tenkawa
Executive Member

As a general rule watch Tenchi's powers or lack there of. As he's much stronger in the OAV's than in The Universe or Tenchi in Tokyo.

But, just as a summary:

OAV 1 + OAV 2 + Manatsu No Eve & the Mihoshi Special

Tenchi Universe + Tenchi the Movie + Tenchi Forever

Tenchi in Tokyo = totally separate

Magical Pretty Sammy = totally separate
Tenkawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 03:50 PM   #5   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tenkawa
As a general rule watch Tenchi's powers or lack there of. As he's much stronger in the OAV's than in The Universe or Tenchi in Tokyo.

But, just as a summary:

OAV 1 + OAV 2 + Manatsu No Eve & the Mihoshi Special

Ummm. I don't see it. Manatsu No Eve seems to spin off after OVA1, so it's an independent story. My Mihoshi Special box says that this is completely seperate too.

Quote:
Tenchi Universe + Tenchi the Movie + Tenchi Forever

Tenchi in Tokyo = totally separate

Magical Pretty Sammy = totally separate
Pretty sammy gets even more complicated. There are 4 instances of Pretty Sammy:

(1) Mihoshi Special. In Mihoshi's bed time story, Sasami has magical girl powers. The ending implies that the story is true...

(2) tenchi Universe, Time and Space Adventures. In Sasami's dream world, she is a magical girl....

(3) Pretty Sammy OVA. In this one, Sasami and Tenchi are sister and brother. Other Tenchi characters are recast as "normal" people in roles related to school.

(4) Magical Project S. In this one, Sasami has her own series. Characters that look like those from the Tenchi series make cameo appearances...
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #6   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
I thought Tenchi Forever was such a great concept that I almost wish hadn't been a Tenchi film. The notion of someone just capturing another person and making them live this predetermined existence intrigues me. Does anyone know if this story was based on some kind of fairy tale or something along those lines?
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote