Old 29-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #91   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Originally Posted by Kaneda
*does a little dance* I was right about Nia! yay!
how many episodes is this series going to be?
No you weren't. You was just lucky!! Just kidding. I'll admit I was somewhat surprised though as I thought it would've been interesting to make Nia as a "villian" against humanity. The only problem now is that she doesn't have much say in what she has to do for the Anti-Spirals. There is no real escape for her. As much as I like Simon and his swagger right now, I'm not so sure that Nia will escape out of this unscathed. Next time they meet, she may have no choice but to go all out against Simon, especially since the Anti-Spirals would gain knowledge of the relationship between her and Simon. It'll be interesting to see how Simon will manage to pull Nia out of this situation.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 08:46 AM   #92   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I always thought Kittan was the poor mans Kamina for the first arc of the story so it wouldn't surprise me.... just don't kiss Yoko before the start of a big/final battle Kittan.... IT'S A DEATH SENTENCE!!!

As for Nanoha I have all 17 subbed eps of StrikerS on my hard drive, was nice to be able to get them off a bot instead of slow ass bittorrent like I had to for the first 2 series. How bigs Fates role in StrikerS anyway? I watched the first 2 ops and she seemed to get shafted in the second op

Anyway time for Death Note 33-37! That second opening is so unintentionally hilarious....

Last edited by Westlo; 29-08-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #93   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Westlo
I always thought Kittan was the poor mans Kamina for the first arc of the story so it wouldn't surprise me.... just don't kiss Yoko before the start of a big/final battle Kittan.... IT'S A DEATH SENTENCE!!!

As for Nanoha I have all 17 subbed eps of StrikerS on my hard drive, was nice to be able to get them off a bot instead of slow ass bittorrent like I had to for the first 2 series. How bigs Fates role in StrikerS anyway? I watched the first 2 ops and she seemed to get shafted in the second op

Anyway time for Death Note 33-37! That second opening is so unintentionally hilarious....
Fate's role in the third series is huge! Can't really say more, but she definately has a key role in the 3rd season. Well actually...she's somewhat a mentor during the earlier episodes, but once the battles start to escalate, she starts to become an important factor in the story.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #94   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Spoiler:
Now to get back on topic! Just watched episode 23. I think it's safe to say that if you've been reading my comments about this series so far, then you know how I feel about this episode. Although this episode didn't display any action scenes, it still managed to give off a cool vibe. Watching Rossiu in this episode made me feel bad for him, especially all the hell that I've been giving him! It was nice to realize that some of the decisions he made were wrong. It's more or less the way that he's been raised his whole life as far as sacrificing people. I totally forgot about that aspect of him. He was doing what he though was natural at the time. Seems like we all may have misunderstood his feelings about Simon and the Gurren-Brigade.

Also, watching Simon this episode made me realize why he's such a great and effective leader. It's quite simple actually: He believes and trusts the people around him. More importantly, he believes in himself to the fullest. It's been a joy watching him rise to such great heights. He gives people hope and inspiration to do their best when all hope is lost. When everything is on the line. He gives his all, which is why there is no limit for him. A great leader in all aspects.

Lastly, towards the end of the episode....the new costumes. I've been reading some comments about them from other message boards. It looks like most people didn't like them. Me personally, I thought they looked pretty cool. Especially Yoko's!! I definately loved Simon's as he had that kick-ass cape. Now he's truly ready to kick some ass in style!

Well people, it looks like these next three episodes will be the "Final Battle". With this series though, there is no telling what will happen, which makes me even more excited to watch. Everything is so over the top!! I don't think that that the series could've been done in any other way.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #95   [permalink]
Kaneda

Spoiler:
I've been waiting 23 episodes to see simon wearing that cape. I couldn't be happier with the costumes. They chose the perfect time to add them in as well. I can't wait to see what happends next. They really drug the moon out of another dimension? Crazyness.
Old 17-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #96   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Spoiler:
Why oh Why in the world isn't anybody watching this right now!!!? It's just too fu**ing awsome right now!! Managed to watch both episodes 24 and 25 today. Seems like the Grim Reaper has come to make it's appearance but boy, everyone ends up going out in style! Especially Kittan! His scene was just too awsome for words. And Boota....that little mole pig styling!! Just brilliant!!! I haven't watched Lucky Star yet and probably wont, but this anime gets my vote for the best anime this year. Hands down! Row, Row, Fight tha Powa!! Man, just so much to say...Guys where are you?
Old 25-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #97   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Fight the Power opera version is ------- amazing.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #98   [permalink]
Kaneda

ROW ROW FIGHT DA MUTHA F*KIN POWER!

Best series I have seen in a long time. I was kinda sad at the end though.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #99   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

The last episode was F*CKING EPIC!!! Hell, the whole series was. I cried a little while watching this final episode. Just truly remarkable. I was especially sad when Nia "died". I thought that she would ending up dying, but I was hoping that a miracle would happen.

Overall, I can't say enough about this series. It has truly been a blast to watch from start to finish. So much emotion, creativity, plot all crammed in to make one hell of a series! It's a shame that it didn't get too much coverage here. Damn....all good things must come to end.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #100   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

OST of the year, too epic.
Old 28-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #101   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Any word of a stateside release for this series from anyone?
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 03:08 AM   #102   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
It's licensed by ADV but no word on a date.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #103   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Finally getting the opportunity to watch this series and I'm enjoying it so far. Only about 2 episodes in but I'm loving it. It's easily for me the best thing GAINAX has done since FLCL and you can tell that they're having a blast making this series. Can't wait to keep watching this show and seeing where it goes!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #104   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Finally finished Gurren Lagann! Geez louise, that was epic!

Spoiler:
GIANT, GIANT ROBOTS THROWING GALAXIES AT EACH OTHER! HUGE, HUGE DRILLS! KAMINA RETURNED (sort of)! I KNOW I'M LIKE TWO YEARS LATE BUT MAN I LOVED THE ENDING OF THIS SHOW!

I almost cried when Dayakka used "My-Wife-Is-The-Best-In-The-Univirse Swing!"