Old 26-01-2005, 12:50 AM   #1   [permalink]
Foryth
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Foryth
Devil fruits ideas.

Well, I think I actualy got this idea from Oda Eiichiro in one of the mangas, or maybe from an old One Piece BB, I don't remember.

Basicaly the idea is post original, funny or any other kind of ideas you would have for devil fruits and their powers. Like the GumGum fruit or SlipSlip nut, the possibilities are virtualy endless!

The One Piece forum seems to have never really gotten a lift even if the old one piece threads were pretty active, so I'm hoping some of the old AB One Piece fans are still around of that there are fans among new members.
Old 26-01-2005, 02:36 AM   #2   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Some sort of milk milk fruit where you can milk yourself .. hmm

What good would that do? Probably absolutely nothing but I just find the idea amusing.

Hmm I really should get back to reading the manga, I think I read the first 100+ chapters, last thing I remember is an island where two giants were fighting. And enemies with names like Mr 2 and 3 or something along the lines of a numbering system.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 05:18 PM   #3   [permalink]
Foryth
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Foryth
Yeah, I haven't read it in a while either. I only own volumes 1 to 10 in french though, so I think I'm up to Arlong's place. Though I've read a bit of the story arc with people with numbers.(which still seems popular judging from japanese fanart sites)

Hmm... I feel a little short on ideas right now. What about the "Muaha Muaha" fruit? Deafen people with your evil laugh.

Not very original, but "Though Though" fruit. Be though like Mr. T and and withstand any physical hit.(basicaly you either have to drown him or psychicaly attack him) Doesn't make you stonger, just though heh.

Last edited by Foryth; 26-01-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Foryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #4   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

The MakeYourProfileLessLikeAToothpick fruit. Seriously, has anyone seen how skinny the women are sometimes drawn in One Piece? They make Luffy's physique look positively normal!
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #5   [permalink]
Bishdariel
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Bishdariel
unbelieveable how old this thread is!

but it is really sad, that the one piece forum is so quiet.
it is such a nice manga and anime and i like it a lot.
same goes for the naruto forums.
wonder why they are not so popular.
everybody that loved dragonball should also be fine with these two.
Bishdariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #6   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

haha ... try as I might, I could not get past how the characters were drawn for this series! Silly, I know, but there was something about those unblinking wide open eyes that whispered "I'm on Crack, betcha can't tell though" hahaha...

Sam
Old 30-08-2007, 03:33 AM   #7   [permalink]
Bishdariel
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Bishdariel
haha, there are some things that cannot be changed!

i liked the draing style a lot from the beginning.
maybe one of the reasons, why it is not soo popular is, that the manga is better than the anime and most people in the forums dont read the mangas, but watch the series.
the series has tooo many episodes where almost nothing happens, like it was with dragonball sometimes.
the manga is much faster and more entertaining, i think!
Bishdariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #8   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Bishdariel
haha, there are some things that cannot be changed!

i liked the draing style a lot from the beginning.
maybe one of the reasons, why it is not soo popular is, that the manga is better than the anime and most people in the forums dont read the mangas, but watch the series.
the series has tooo many episodes where almost nothing happens, like it was with dragonball sometimes.
the manga is much faster and more entertaining, i think!

... I think you may be right! For the most part, I find that the Manga is better than the anime adaption - despite the potential advantage of sound, color and dyanamic movement!

I guess it comes down to cost though, because anime by comparison is much more expensive to produce than the traditional Manga ... and so, most if not all productions have to cut corners ... or at the least carefully watch their budget (in relation to tv ratings).

Sam
Old 30-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #9   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Bishdariel
same goes for the naruto forums.
wonder why they are not so popular.
everybody that loved dragonball should also be fine with these two.
I've watched all three, and only followed Dragonball to the end. The characters in Naruto and One Piece didn't match the charisma of the DB crew IMO. I was willing to sit through 5 solid episodes of back and forth static goading to watch Trunks try and avenge Vegeta, or to see more of Gohan's antics while growing up.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #10   [permalink]
animegates

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...nomi_large.png

thats the devil fruit.. you will be able to acquire power if you eat the devil fruit... like what happened to Monkey D. Luffy... he turned to have a rubber like body.
Old 18-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #11   [permalink]
NarutoGames
Banned

Oh boy, great thread idea. I haven't seen or read One Piece in a loooong time. Inspired me to find out what's going on right now in the story. Found this interesting quote about the Devil Fruits:

Quote:
When creating a Devil Fruit, Oda thinks of something that would fulfill a human desire; he added that he does not see why he would draw a Devil Fruit unless the fruit's appearance would entice one to eat it.

The names of many special attacks and other concepts in the manga consist of a form of punning, in which phrases written in kanji are paired with an idiosyncratic reading. The names of Luffy, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, and Franky's techniques are often mixed with other languages, and the names of a number of Zoro's sword techniques are designed as jokes; for example, some of them look fearsome when read by sight but sound like kinds of food when read aloud. Eisaku Inoue, the animation director, has said that the creators did not use these kanji readings in the anime since they "might have cut down the laughs by about half."
NarutoGames is offline   Reply With Quote