Old 07-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #1   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tsunami-X
Exclamation ****Warning for New Members! Please read****

First of all I'd like to say I'm not trying to discourage anyone from using the messageboard/forums. I'm not one to be a debbie downer. Please try to get this place active again by searching old content, adding new content and socializing with current members.

With that said, I'd like to warn any newcomers that this forum is not as active as it was 10 years ago. It's quite the ghost town sometimes. You may post a question and not get an answer for months, even never
I've seen many newcomers hang around the boards for a while then giveup and leave when nobody is answering their questions. I hate to see this because some really interesting people have joined the boards over the last few years.

YOU are some of those people. Don't be frightened by the silence! There are still quite a few active members and we are listening.

I'd like to offer you some advice to get things rolling again:
  • The most active area's on AB.com are 'General Anime', 'General Non-Anime' and 'Members Only'. If you post in one of these area's you should get a timely reply. The issue is we don't have enough members checking the hundreds of sub-forums we have, if you stick to those 3 you should be golden!
  • You may post a question/comment in one of the area's listed above and not get a response! Don't fret, we know you're there and will try to reply asap! Even i'm guilty for not visiting AB.com for several months at a time.
  • The only way to get this place going again is obtaining more members. Are your friends interested in anime? Invite them along. Does your creepy neighbor watch anime? Don't invite him or accept candy from him. You can sign up your dog and/or cat if you have more than one computer in your household. winning!
  • Don't be afraid to ask a silly question, we all have to do it sometimes. Don't be afraid to be yourself when chitchatting with members. You wouldn't believe some of the crazy discussions I've seen on here over the years. You can do it!

This really is an amazing place. I see it more as a family than a discussion board. Not close family, but those cousins you met once as a kid and get Christmas letters from every year. Many of us joined AB.com 10+ years ago when we were between 8-15 and have grown old together talking about the future, our lives and sending our Christmas cards to each other.

Hopefully these tips and words of wisdom will aid you in the discussion of anime. Welcome to AB.com and have fun posting.

Tsunami-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #2   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
Bravo Tsunami Bravo ..a round of applause

Guess ill have to check in more often ... thanks for the inspiring post. Lets do our best and keep encouraging each other !

Lets go Posting Crazy!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #3   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Woohoo!!!! CHEER~!!!!! Well put i totally agree

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #4   [permalink]
farshot

Send a message via AIM to farshot Send a message via MSN to farshot
As I new guy myself, I must say this forum needs some more attention. Oh, and by the way, subbed rules!
Old 17-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #5   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
I used to watch all my anime dubbed until i moved to Japan since then it has all been subbed!

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #6   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

Great thread! I agree with everything you said.