Old 24-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #1   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
Seirei no Moribito is the best anime ever

Story = great.
Music = great.
Animation = great.

Even though I saw it a while ago and nobody posts here anymore, I thought today it deserved it's own thread on AB.
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #2   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
The series was ok. I wouldnt say the best (cough) Twelve Kingdoms (cough), But it was entertaining. I enjoyed it for sure.

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #3   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

A while back, this series ran on Adult Swim. It had a little action, but mostly it was a good character driven story.

I understand it was based on one of a series of novels. I would be interested in knowing if there were any animes based on one of the other books.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 03:25 AM   #4   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
So far as I can tell, there haven't been which is a shame. Here's hoping for the future!
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #5   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Its been a while ago since I last saw this serie, I thought it was only okay, not something I would have kept in my to watch again someday list anyway. There are plenty in that department, like Neon evangelion, cowboy bebop, trigun, argento soma, monster, Berserk and plenty more I don't remember the titles of and these are just a few series, let alone movies.

As for greatest animations, I suggest you look towards studio ghibli animes, just the sheer amount of detail in one panel, would put an entire episode of a tv serie to shame.

Don't remember much of the music so I won't comment on that.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #6   [permalink]
lilredphoenix

Seirei no Moribito is the best anime ever

okay I will take your word for it.

I have seen it at the store, but I don't know too much about it can you give a little synopsis without giving away too much of the plot for other people? Somes times I think it's better when someone explains what an anime series is about rather than reading it in a trade like rag Otaku USA mag which is where I get alot of insight from to purchase anime or perhaps a manga series.

I am a bit on the avantgarde side, mainstream or what's hot right now doesn't always catch my fancy.

Although I do have cowboy bebop I finally got it a year ago, Neon Genesis talk about a psychological mind twist (nightmares!!), recently I did get Trigun but I wish I had gotten it when it first came out, this now being 2011 the graphics seem really outdated.

Last edited by lilredphoenix; 07-06-2011 at 08:58 PM.
lilredphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #7   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by lilredphoenix View Post
I have seen it at the store, but I don't know too much about it can you give a little synopsis without giving away too much of the plot for other people? Somes times I think it's better when someone explains what an anime series is about rather than reading it in a trade like rag Otaku USA mag which is where I get alot of insight from to purchase anime or perhaps a manga series.
Balsa is a female bodyguard who stands out as her weapon of choice is a spear. She must atone for past sins by saving the lives of, I think it was, seven people. She now has one more to go. She gets roped into playing protector, and substitute mom, for the second prince, Chagum. Chagum is still a child, but his father wants him dead as the only means to stop a curse and a prophecy of doom. Chagum grows into young manhood as a fugitive learning the ways of the common man.

There are a few more sub-plots, but thatís the gist of the story.

See? No spoilers!
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote