Old 24-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Angry Evangelion 2.22 - You are (not) alone

I wasnít going to watch part 2 of the Evangelion remake until I was assured it gets better with major storyline changes.

Well, most of the storyline changes are actually pretty minor. There is a new female pilot we donít know anything about. Asuka is a bigger bitch than before, although we do get to see her naked. The only fun part was watching the redhead get the sh-t torn out of her. But everything leading up to that moment is so boring, you may fall asleep and miss that.

Without the closing credits, and one scene after the credits run, the move runs for about 105 minutes. Nothing really gets going until the last 15 minutes, when we have the only major plot change from the series. Everything up until then is a rehash of the series, with a few tweaks.

So watching part 3 is out.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #2   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
I strongly disagree. Frankly, I think it's a different experience than the TV show with characters going in directions they didn't there. I think there were some significant changes to the plot, especially the change in who pilots Unit 03 and the outcome of the fight with Zeuriel. Also there's a different feel to the series where the lives of the pilots seem to matter a little more than the fights with the angels. I've been pretty pleased with these films so far and I can't wait to see the third Rebuild film.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #3   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Does Shinji grow a pair of balls in the next movie? I'm pretty sick of his character -- almost as sick as I am with Asuka.

I re-read my review from less than 4 months ago, and I realized none of it sounded familiar. The film made that little impact on me. That's one of my key tests on any movie -- how well do I remember it months or years from the last time I saw it.

But I am sure any Evangelion fan would still love the re-hash, I mean remake. They could make Asuka and Rei lovers, turn Shinji into a ninja rabbit, give the Evangelions a personality not unlike Daffy Duck, and the old fans would still love it. Well, if that's what you want, I have no problems.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote