Old 20-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Wink Ikki Tousen

Ikki Tousen is a 13 episode anime divided among two DVD's. I just finished the first DVD, episodes 1-7, and quite frankly the jury is still out on this one.

It takes place in a town in modern Japan, where both male and female fighters from the seven high schools fight for honor and domination. Into this violent world comes Hakufu, who appears to be a reincarnation of an ancient warrior. She moves in with her cousin Koukin, who serves as her protector. Hakufu is not normally much of a fighter -- until a spirit takes control of her mind and body.

Oh, yes. Hakufu is also a bit of an airhead who can't stop showing off her panties. In fact, there are a lot of panty shots in this anime. Plus when the girls fight, their clothes often get torn. So it is that sort of anime.

There is also a bit of sexual content. Within two episodes, one bi-sexual girl has sex three times -- including her raping another girl. So keep this one out of the hands of children.

There are various sub-plots going on concerning the politics behind the fighting as various characters use others. It all gets confusing, but hope that the confusion will sort itself out is the only thing keeping me interested in this series. The fighting seems sort of pointless at times, and the fan service is geared towards 14-year-olds.

As Netflix has already sent the second disc, I might as well finish it. I am not re-watching episodes in the original Japanese dub. Watching each episode once is enough. But right now, as I said, the jury is out as to if I recommend this anime or not.

Feel free to comment, but please NO SPOILERS!

MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I finished the series. In disc 2 we go from panty shots to full fledged nudity. But the confusing plot becomes much clearer and is now easier to understand. Unfortunately, they did not seem to spend as much time on the plot as they did planning the panty shots.

Still, whatever story there is was interesting enough, although I found the ending a bit silly.

In all, I rate this series as average. If you want cheap thrills, this is your anime. Otherwise, take your chances.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote