Old 22-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Cool Casshern Sins

OK. Iíve got a dark one for you -- Casshern Sins.

Casshern is a robot with no memory living in a world where humans are rare and robots used to dominate -- until Casshern working on orders kills a girl named Luna bringing on the Ruin. The Ruin is sort of a disease causing all robots to break down and rust. Now the robots face mortality for the first time ever.

As for Casshern, he is pursued by a young woman bent on revenge and another robot bent on killing him. If thatís not enough, there is a rumor that anyone who kills and eats Casshern can gain immortality. But Casshern is immortal himself. His wounds heal quickly, plus he is a killing machine with little control over his actions once he goes into killing mode. He also feels guilt though he does not know why.

I watched the first six episodes on Netflix Streaming. That is equivalent to the first DVD. So far it is mostly Casshern traveling trying to piece together the few clues he has to his unknown past. I am going to continue this series, as it is interesting to watch.

More later.
For now, please no spoilers!
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I am now halfway through the series, through episode 12. Casshern and his robotic dog Friender continue their journey and along the way meet a variety of robots, and a few humans, each facing death in their own way. Those who do know about Casshernís past want him dead. And there is an unexpected development concerning Luna.

A series like this risks being repetitive. But Casshern Sins avoids this. This is also a cerebral series, although there is enough action. There is a battle scene in practically every episode, but what happens between the battles is what the series concentrates on. It is an interesting approach.

Iíll keep watching.
Old 29-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #3   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Good show

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I got through the next six episodes, and am ready to begin the final stretch.

Casshern meets his maker, but gets no clues as to why he killed Luna or what his purpose is. He does begin to change, announcing his intention to protect the weak. Lyuze, a female robot who originally wanted to kill Casshern to avenge her sister, now joins him on his quest. The conflicts in her heart and mind are played out in an episode long dream sequence in episode 18.

The story is beginning to drag on slowly, but that is partly by design. Things have to move slowly to give Casshern the time to observe a variety of personalities, learn new ideals and to grow. Hopefully things donít get too slow over the last six episodes.

I will give my final review when I finish the series.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #5   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I just finished Casshern Sins. The final six episodes are ones you really have to think about. Casshern, his friends and his enemies discover Luna is not all the stories and rumors make her out to be. Everyone must make a choice between immortality and eventual death. But the important lesson is that life is more than just being alive. Whatever happens to Casshern, Luyze, little Ringo, and the others at the end, you really have to mull it over in your mind. This series certainly requires a second look sometime.

Towards the end of the series there is more use of a monochrome color scheme. It is an interesting way to set the mood. The battle scenes are well done. So technically it is a well executed series.

There are some points which remain unexplained. Too much of the plot is left to conjecture. But overall, I highly recommend Casshern Sins.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #6   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Make sure you check out the lice action movie it was pretty good as well

http://www.bakabt.com/160357-cassher...luray-chd.html

Old 06-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #7   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by cool2burn View Post
Make sure you check out the lice action movie it was pretty good as well

Are you saying in the movie version Casshern has a problem with hygiene?

Sorry. I know that was a typo, but I could not help myself.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #8   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Well id def think showering after the apocalypsewould be far and few between so it might be a lice action movie

Old 25-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #9   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

FYI for US readers. Cashern Sins premiers tomorrow night on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Actual airtime I think is 1 am Eastern time early Sunday morning.