Old 28-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Question Deadman Wonderland

Did any other US readers catch the premier of Deadman Wonderland on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim over the weekend? It looks like one weird show, with some promise – once you can get past the idea that a wimpy schoolboy can be successfully framed for slaughtering 29 of his classmates.

But eventually you can look past that, once our hero ends up on death row in Deadman Wonderland, a prison/amusement park where the inmates do the work and are not expected to survive. Hmmm. As I write this, it does sound kind of stupid. But there are some hot female characters, so maybe it will prove interesting.

If anyone else gets to see this, post your comments, but leave out the spoilers.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #2   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
i think Adult Swim might have to edit the series due to the graphic content it is def worth watching but might wanna stream it unedited

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #3   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Well they do bleep the profanity, but that's OK. I can guess what they are saying. They won't cut the violence. If the violence is that graphic, AS just won't usually show the series. Sex and nudity they do edit.

So what sort of stuff would you expect them to cut? Maybe I will re-watch on YouTube or where ever else it may be available. I'll have to check Netflix.
Old 16-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

After watching the first 8 episodes on Adult Swim, I went on YouTube to sample a few to see what, if anything, had been cut. The only difference is that the few nude scenes seem to have been slightly edited. Why I don't know since unedited they don't really show that much.

YouTube has the original Japanese dub with English subtitles. It seems the subtitles give more information than the English dub on Adult Swim. One problem is that for some reason some scenes are randomly blacked out. Since they were posted by Funamation, maybe that's because they want you to rent or buy the DVD's? I'll try checking on Hulu to see if they have a better print.