Old 19-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Wink B Gata H Kei

I really have no idea what the title of this series means. I only know that I started watching it on Comcast Cable's Xfinity On-Demand for free. Only the first three episodes are available now through March 23.

Yamada is a clueless 15-year-old who is also the cutest, most beautiful girl in her school. Her goal in life is to have sex with 100 boys, but first she has to lose her virginity. No, I am not kidding. She has her sights set on fellow virgin Kosuda to be her first. But one thing or another spoils the opportunity, or Yamada panics and chickens out.

I think I know where this is going to end up. Already Yamada seems to be developing feelings for Kosuda, which she denies to herself. But the plot is not as important as the comic gags and setups.

There is a bit of genuine humor here, although this does seem to be one series which you would kind of worried about yourself if you actually liked it. I mean, who exactly is this series made for? It is not suited for young teens, but what sort of adult would watch this?

Well, I am going to continue the series for now -- just to see how it comes out. Or maybe just until I get tired of it. I will be back to let you know how I made out watching it. Meanwhile, please no spoilers.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Well, I stayed with the entire series -- all 12 episodes. Yamada spends about a year and a half trying to loose her virginity -- and tries and tries and tries. There is actually something charming about the nave approach to sex the characters have. And it does produce some laughs. So this one gets listed under "guilty pleasures." It is an enjoyable series, but not one you would want to talk about to people you know.

The only problem is with the ending. It really resolves nothing. The series could have gone on for another 12 episodes, assuming it does not get repetitive.

So watch this one in secret -- and keep it away from the kids.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote