Old 10-04-2002, 05:24 PM   #1   [permalink]
Fireflystar
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Fireflystar
Talking Guests for '02?

Why haven't the guests been revealed yet? I'd really like to know and it's April now..and nobody cares about Hiroko-chan the mascot being there >.< I want someone important!! Specifically a musical guest.

(Do you guys think the "maid" girl on the front page looks junky..? I hope the t-shirts look better.)

Last edited by Fireflystar; 21-06-2002 at 11:37 AM.
Fireflystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 12:25 AM   #2   [permalink]
Stu
Forum Elite

[deleted]...

Last edited by Stu; 13-07-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2002, 01:14 AM   #3   [permalink]
ainslye
Executive Member

[deleted]...

Last edited by ainslye; 30-12-2007 at 02:31 AM.
ainslye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2002, 12:46 PM   #4   [permalink]
Stu
Forum Elite

[deleted]...

Last edited by Stu; 13-07-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2002, 03:06 PM   #5   [permalink]
Fireflystar
Executive Member

*big sigh* Oh what a diverse group of people. I especially like the guests from outside America and the female guests.

¬¬ try harder Otakon!!
Old 13-06-2002, 11:38 PM   #6   [permalink]
dawntreader

Send a message via AIM to dawntreader
t shirts look horrible... here eyes are icky
and i will be your slave
dawntreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2002, 11:01 AM   #7   [permalink]
RenegadePriest
Executive Member

Japanese Guests

Yasuhiro Naito - Manga Artist
“Love And Peace!” Trigun main character Vash the Stampede’s message to the world. A sentiment shared by his creator, Mr. Yasuhiro Naito. Mr. Naito began his career drawing doujinshi while attending Housei University. After college, he began working for Sekisui House, a large housing company. Unfulfilled and unhappy with the way his life was going, Mr. Naito, at age 26, quit his day job and began to draw manga full time. After the publishing of Call XXXX, a one shot comic, and Samurai Spirits, based on the Neo Geo game of the same name, Naito started Trigun in the pages of Shounen Captain magazine. His latest manga, Trigun Maximum, can be found in the pages of Young King Ours magazine. Mr. Naito has also recently contributed character designs to Sega’s Gungrave, for Playstation 2.

Masao Maruyama - Producer
The founder of Madhouse Studios, Masao Murayama has had a hand in the Japanese animation industry for almost forty years. After graduation from Hosei University in 1963, Mr. Maruyama went to work as an animator for Mushi Production. He later went on to help produce Unico, based on a story by Osamu Tezuka, of Astro Boy fame. A year later, he became the head of Madhouse Studios. Since then, Maruyama-san has produced an amazing library of animation including: Barefoot Gen, Dagger of Kamui, Record of Lodoss Wars, Urusei Yatsura, Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, Cardcaptor Sakura, Trigun, Perfect Blue, and a number of others. Some of his latest work can found in recent TV series X and Chobits.

Yutaka Minowa - Character Designer
Skin deep beauty, thin waists, form fitting clothes, and a dash of gothic charm. Not the latest GAP commercial, just the artistic style of Mr. Yutaka Minowa. Minowa-san is best known as the character designer for Vampire Hunter D and it’s sequel, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. He has also been the character and concept designer for Outlaw Star, character designer and animation director for Ninja Scroll, and has also contributed character designs to the Outlaw Star pseudo-spinoff Angel Links. His current contribution has been towards the Escaflowne movie, A Girl In Gaea, as an animator. To this day, Minowa-san continues to work in the animation industry, providing an ever-growing library of characters with his own particular brand of panache.

Hiroyuki Morioka - Author
Perhaps poised to join the ranks of such authors as EE Doc Smith and Issac Asimov, some refer to Hiroyuki Morioka as the "Last Japanese Science Fiction Writer". At the time of his debut, Morioka-san was a first-time novelist attempting to have his first book, Seikai no Monshou (Crest Of The Stars), published. Since then, Morioka-san has finished his sci-fi epic, with three books in the Seikai no Monshou series and three books in the sequel series, Seikai no Senki (Battleflag of Stars). The entire epic was then adapted into three popular anime series: Seikai no Monshou, Seikai no Senki, and Seikai no Senki II. To date, Morioka-san enjoys the prestige that his magnum opus has brought him.

Yoko Ishida - Singer
If you happen to keep up with pop-culture in Japan, chances are that you have not missed Para Para. Euro-pop beats, neon colored clothing, platform shoes, and an endless number of dance moves characterize this trend which has swept across the country. Second cousin to the Macarena, each Para Para song has its own dance moves to learn and master. A number of musical artists lead the current trend, among them Yoko Ishida, who, with her Para Para MAX CDs, has helped boost Para Para from a tiny movement into a full-fledged dance craze. In addition to her Para Para music, Yoko has also contributed songs to the soundtracks of such series as Sailor Moon, Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar, and New Snow White Legend Pretear.
RenegadePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2002, 11:41 AM   #8   [permalink]
Fireflystar
Executive Member

Yoko Ishida! ..I fink she sang the Sailor Moon songs Route Venus,and Ai no Senshi..coooool! If only I had a real SM c.d. for her to sign...

The creator of Trigun! I'll have to ask him how he made the bestest bishounen of all time ^_^.

Rad..*changes angry face to happy face for the thread topic* heh..they tried harder
Old 21-06-2002, 12:13 PM   #9   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

Tha character designer for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust....I must stalk that poor person.