Old 03-03-2003, 10:25 PM   #1   [permalink]
Ctuchik

Banner of Stars Voice Question

I read that the voices for the characters are different. Are they any better or worse then the characters in the original Crest Of the Stars? I was thinking about getting it but when I learned the voices would be different it kind of made me stop and really think if I should get it or not. Voice changes can sometimes really mess up an anime series. So if you've seen it please let me know. I'd appreciate it very much.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:08 PM   #2   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Despite rumors, I think most of the characters in Banner of the Stars reprise their roles from Crest. They just sound a *little* different sometimes because they have, fortunately, gotten better. The japanese cast is the same if you watch the subs. The only voice that I know for sure is changed is that of Admiral Spoor. She has a much more fitting voice this time aroud. I didn't like the Dub of Crest much because I thought it wasn't well done. Banner of the Stars Dub still doesn't live up to the Sub because these shows are so dialogue heavy, but at least the Dub is wathable in Banner.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2003, 05:21 PM   #3   [permalink]
Ctuchik

I watch both verison. I watch it dubbed then subtitled when I get bored. I finally bought all three of Banner of the Stars but I've only seen the first dvd of it so far and I think the english voice cast sounds different but better. Normally I don't like it when they change voices but the acting seemed so much better and I liked the voice of Lafiel but I kind of like the young Lafiel voice too. Not heard the Japanese for it; but if the voice actors same I'll probably not have a problem with them.
Ctuchik is offline   Reply With Quote