Old 30-08-2003, 11:02 PM   #1   [permalink]
Ctuchik

Banner of Stars II Hunter

Has anyone else seen this dvd? What did you think of it? I can't wait until the next dvd comes out. Damn it! I hate having to wait for another four months. I want the second dvd now! I enjoyed it and hated to see the last episode on the DVD. I guess I should have waited until all three come out but as I said I hate having to wait. It nearly kills me. I suppose I could find an episode guide for it but that is not the same thing and it would spoil it for me when I watched it.
Old 31-08-2003, 01:17 AM   #2   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Yeah, and the bad thing is, once all 10 episodes of this series have finished, there isn't any more anime, but the novels continue.

We need more novels to be written, but Morioka hasn't gotten around to it IIRC, and there can't be more anime if there isn't more novels.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2003, 11:44 PM   #3   [permalink]
Animelova

get the fansubs if you really can't wait..

of course i buy the dvds when they come out. i like to own the series but i couldn't wait till december...
Animelova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:28 AM   #4   [permalink]
nhat

I suggest you don't get the fansubs, the grammer in the fansubs seem to be done by a 10 yrs old. It almost ruined the experience for me but the series was so good that I had to finish it regardless =P
nhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 01:53 PM   #5   [permalink]
Animelova

Bandai is the one doing crappy translation... their "creative" translating is what's ruining the dvds. even though I must buy them all
Animelova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2003, 01:29 PM   #6   [permalink]
akwan50
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to akwan50
I saw episode 1 of Banner of the Stars II the other day and I need to get to watching more. However, episode 1 was evil, just absolutely evil.

Spoilers:

Ugh, I couldn't believe what I was seeing with Jinto laying there, about to die with Lafiel by his side. After 2-seasons spanning 26-episodes, I've grown very attatched to the 2-main characters, Jinto and Lafiel. If just one of them dies and doesn't exist in the series anymore, it just wouldn't be the same since together, they are the heart and soul of the series. I can only imagine the feelings going through Lafiel as she stands there and see's Jinto badly wounded and about to die. It's like they wanted to rip the heart right out of my chest.
#1 Inuyasha fan. :D
akwan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2003, 06:04 PM   #7   [permalink]
Shifter

It's impossible to say weather or not he actually died, he might have passed out. Still if he did die then what's next. I mean that the story is told almost exclusively from his view point.

I guss in war everybodies a red shirt.

However, untill we see thae last ep. we'll just have to keep gussing (unless you watch fan subs of it).
Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2003, 12:15 AM   #8   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

SPOILERS

It has already been spoiled on this board that Jinto does not die. However, Banner of the Stars II is the most dramatic and heart wrenching, I guess you could say, because of what happens between the two. It's also the first time we really get an indication of how Lafiel really feels about Jinto, since we know how Jinto feels about her all too well. You actually see Lafiel cry in the last episode too.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #9   [permalink]
Ctuchik

Yeah, I ordered the next volume Prey and I just can't wait until it comes in.
Ctuchik is offline   Reply With Quote