Old 20-08-2000, 11:30 AM   #1   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/19/00 2:12:20 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All What is the Fruit of Life ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another explanation by the Red Cross Book

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Fruit of Life] (SEIMEI no MI)
It is mentioned by Fuyutsuki in ep.26 as the thing that Angels have. It is written in "Genesis" of "Old Testament Bible" that at the centre of Eden there were the "Tree of Wisdom" and "Tree of Life". Human disobeyed the order from God and ate the "Fruit of Wisdom". But what if the "Fruit of Life" was instead eaten? Could the answer be the Angels? Moreover, the myth has it that one can live forever if he eats the fruit from the Tree of Life.

Anyone can elaborate ?

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/20/00 12:21:12 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: What is the Fruit of Life ?
For now i can only say do not accept the interpritations of the standard bible, you will go astray too readily.
I will look into this and see if there is anything i can say. unfortunatly i find the bible too boring to really take interest. The book of Genisis is also far older than from the Jews, There was a great deal of plagirism going around (stealing from older civilisations). (The Myth of Jesus is very similar to the Myth of Asar/ Osiris) (Myth has a special meaning and not the common meaning)

ATh

Yuusuke
EVA-Pilot
(4/2/00 5:40:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: What is the fruit of life
I think that the part about forever life means that the angels don't really die. Like when Kaoru said that life and death were the same for him.

**SPOILER ALERT**
Should I add that to messages?

This is mostly IMHO mixed with what happened that supports it. Also, in End of Evangelion, Lilith and Rei merge back into one being, Rei being the "soul" of Lilith. With Lilith, Adam fuses. Watch closely and you'll see that when holding Adam (embryo), Adam goes into Gendo's hand. The hand Adam is in, is the one that Gendo puts into Rei. Rei seems to make sure that she takes Adam into herself when she cut off Gendou's hand. And since Kaoru was killed in that same room, it leads me to beleive that his "soul," the same soul which is Adam's, is still floating in the room. Notice that Kaoru was born the same day that Adam became an embryo, perhaps on that day, SEELE got a hold of the angel which housed Adam's soul.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/2/00 5:48:56 pm)
yeah it's best to add the spoiler alert since alot of the members are Aussies or haven't watched the movies yet..

Yuusuke
EVA-Pilot
(4/2/00 6:00:32 pm)
um . . .**SPOILER**
For those who haven't finished the TV series yet.

Also, the tree of wisdom and the tree of life seem to be opposite things. In saying this, I mean that one that possesses both would literally be a god. I think it was explained later, maybe not(?), that the reason SEELE considered Evangelion 01 a god was that it got the tree of wisdom from humans (technology, the weapon of humans) and it took into itself the tree of life (the core of the 15th(?) angel, the angel's power)

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/3/00 1:04:30 am)
Tree of Wisdom?

There is the Tree of Life and
The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil

i should really find out the Hebrew names for these).

A very interesting point
"it (Eva 01) took into itself the tree of life (the core of the 15th(?) angel, the angel's power).

One of the most difficult things i have come across is
The Otz Chiim (the Tree of Life- well theres one name down) in a Sphere (3d). It is something i have never tried to comprehend.

But as you may rightly percieve- the s2 organ may be the remnents of the Tree of Life given form, or a fruit taken therefrom. Very interesting, thanks for that.

ATh

Yuusuke
EVA-Pilot
(4/3/00 1:39:53 am)
Oops, wasn't fully thinking when I was righting that. I think that was around 2am when I was typing that post.

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/4/00 12:48:10 am)
it was also late for me, i didnt spot another error

it is the 14th angel which gets eaten. i often think how much better my post would be if done in the early afternoon and not this late at night. Hell i might actually be able to say what i mean how i mean it.

Do you have any more thoughts on this topic?

ATh

Yuusuke
EVA-Pilot
(4/4/00 9:34:43 am)
Not really any more thoughts that haven't been stated yet? I seemed to have gotten into this conversation really late.