Old 20-08-2000, 11:32 AM   #1   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

Knife
(4/8/00 9:51:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Mass Produced Eva's (X2 Type)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What ARE the X2 type Evangelions? They Have a Dummy Plug of Kaworu Nagisa(Tabris - The Seventeenth Angel), so are they "Normal" Evas or are they Angels? I thought they were like Unit 3, it was a "Normal" Eva but is was taken over by Bardiel - The Thirteenth Angel.

EVA Adjalon
EVA-Pilot
(4/8/00 11:02:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Mass Produced Eva's (X2 Type)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there such thing as a "normal" EVA...? Anyway, from my limited knowledge of NGE, Seele engineered the X2's to initiate the 3rd impact using Lilith, however they were forced to use Eva 01. From what I've seen, all 9 of the X2's are pathetic in combat (Asuka defeated all of them in 3 minutes) and the only redeeming features are that they have an S2 organ, giving them unlimited power and the ability to quickly regenrate on the battlefield (cheap ass pricks if you ask me...) and they are all armed with a copy of the spear of longinus, giving the X2's the ability to penetrate any AT field quite easily, oh, and they have wings, allowing them to fly (duh). Well that's about all I know, hope it helped.

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/8/00 11:45:23 pm)
It all depends on what you think is an Angel. But i think they are 'normal' evas, they were produced by man and used as man intended (should have really used SEELE instead of man). And they were not possessed as 03 was.

I would even go so far as to say 05- 13 were never intended for combat period, while 01- 03 were (00 is a special case). The copies of the Lance of Longinus were needed for Complimentation and it was out of nessessity that SEELE used 05- 13 to take down 02. That explains why they were so inferior in combat (they seemed weaker physically to me).

ATh

funboat
EVA-Pilot
(4/10/00 1:38:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del .
05-13 definately seem weaker when asuka starts fighting them with one of their two-handed swords. that scene is so cool, i love how heavy the swords are and how the evas struggle to fight with them.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/11/00 6:32:24 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re:
Well technically EVA series is weaker than all other EVA's but they possess somthing that mkaes them more powerful, the baility to regenerate, I believe by that power it makes them more powerful than the other EVA's. Don't forget power does not only mean strength it is the ability to surpass something else, and by use of this attribute the EVA series in my opinion is stronger.
Access

Yuusuke
EVA-Pilot
(4/13/00 10:30:45 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Re:
Yes, but do they really regenerate more than just reactivating after death? Except for the ones cut in half(what happened to those, anyway), I just saw them reactivate up until they assimilated with Rei.

EVA Adjalon
EVA-Pilot
(4/15/00 3:33:58 pm)
The EVA series are indeed weaker, and the ability to regenerate doesnt help them one bit on the battlefield, especially when they have no fighting skills at all.

Of course, they werent intended for combat, and were only used out of necessity, but Access how are they stronger...

The other EVA's were created to combat the Angels, they were designed FOR combat, even Unit00 was rebuilt for combat use. They have power, they have strength, and they have strong willed pilots, dedicated to fighting the Angels (with exception for Shinji).

They also have Berserker mode, which makes them the ultimate fighting machines... also, Rei's dummy plug sure knows how to kick Angel Ass! (remember Unit 03)

Maybe if Seele had used Rei's dummy plug the EVA series would be a force to contend with, but in my opinion they are nothing but bags of blood and Seele's dolls.

[EVA]Adjalon

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/17/00 12:58:39 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Mass Produced Eva's (X2 Type)
well the Eva series DID beat Asuka eventually because they had the Sē organ (there it is again...) and that proved a definite advantage.
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

Yuusuke
EVA-Pilot
(4/17/00 2:30:44 pm)
But the S2 alone wasn't enough. If they couldn't regenerate/reactivate, they would have stayed dead.

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/17/00 2:38:54 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Mass Produced Eva's (X2 Type)
which brings up another point. The only time the eva's have been shown to regenerate is either with Sē organs as shown in the movie or when the Eva is beserk as shown in Episode 2: Unfamiliar Ceiling/The Beast

any sort of connection there?
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/18/00 12:27:42 am)
Well Pen Pen,

think about it, with the s2 organ you have unlimited power or energy, making regeneration very easy and very fast. When Eva went beserk maybe it tapped into the unlimited energy of the pilot (if you believe that humans, being a micrcosm, have all the force of the universe within them).

The second time 01 went out of control it not only tapped into this energy, but the strain (for Shinji) was too much and it absorbed the pilot. A small price to pay for unlimited potential in my opinion.

ATh

corpse
NERV-Technician
(4/19/00 12:15:36 am)
so ath
u think that the source of the energy comes from the soul? mind? of the pilot

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/19/00 1:24:46 am)
Yes and no,

no in that the soul and mind are limited but yes in that they both recieve energy from an unlimited source (Kether in Qabalah), the Source of All.

this helps explian why Shinji was absorbed, 01 accessed this source which flooded the mind and soul, dissolving it and the body in the proccess. ( if you could think of this outpour of energy flowing through a small tube, no probs,
Eva wants some, the outpour increases dramatically shattering the tube, the fragments of the tube as well as the energy gos into Eva, the tube being Shinji)

ATh

Covax
NERV-Technician
(5/9/00 11:42:44 am)
Uh, this may have been asked before but do you think those EVA's had pilots? We've never seen the dummy plug work exept when Shinji was in Unit 01. I also think that if they worked Unit 02 would have been fitted with one in the movie or in ep. 23.

Yuusuke
EVA-Pilot
(5/10/00 4:00:51 am)
The dummy plug worked with the eva series (5-13) also. And, I think that for the dummy plug to work with 02, they would have needed to gather some info on Asuka (the scenes with Rei in the tube).

As another question, does anyone know why they never made/used a dummy plug for eva 00?

Ura
NERV-Technician
(5/24/00 11:59:28 pm)
I thought that the Dummy Plugs were Rei's, with a copy of the originals soul, as you noticed Unit 01 rejected Rei when she tried to pilot it during the 14th Angels attack. It would only take Shinji. The production models probably worked fine because they had never had a pilot, they were designed especially for the Dummy Plug.

If I remember correctly all Evas were fitted with the Dummy Plug system but it was only ever employed in the 13th Angel incident. Also if a Dummy Plug using Reis core was input into unit 00 there would be a chance that it would go bezerk again, or at least thats what I think

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/25/00 12:49:27 am)
The reason, 01 rejected Rei was becuase 01 had a dominant soul, Yui. And it was Yui who rejected Rei during that attack.

Remeber kaoru saying that he has control of 02 only becuase its dominent soul is hiding. This in turn, would add eviednce that there was no soul in 03 (which was a production model as well) But Ritsuko says that the use of the dummy is not recomended for activation (first).

This doesnt really make much sense does it?

But i would agree tha tthe production series of SEELE's were created with the dummy plug system in mind

ATh

Ura
NERV-Technician
(5/25/00 12:54:35 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Yes, BUT
But also remember that Unit-00 rejected Shinji in a similar fashion. I think that 0 had a dominant soul and taht was Rei (maybe Rei-1?) or how else do you explain the images he saw when it went bezerk, also the only time the Dummy Plug worked in Unit-01 was when Shinji refused to fight and he was in danger. Unit-03 might have had Toji's mothers data in it, she died mysteriously. The series had no core data configured so no soul = no probs with Dummy Plug and that is probably why they put up such littie fight against Asuka and how they reacted like animals.

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/25/00 2:11:46 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Dummy Plugs
Sorry I am not sure if I understood the statement's but the Dummy Plug did not have a soul all it did was emulate the pilots brain patterns.... actually digitising their brain waves.... all it needed to do was 'fool' the EVA into sincing with the Dummy Plug..... no soul was in the EVA..... souls can not be cloned or duplicated, the one single soul was past between the Rei's.