eva2000
Administrator

Question

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/21/00 5:43:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All
For 3f
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A question since you speak Japanesee, the last thing spoken by Auska.... I feel sick or whatever.... their has been speculation that it implied that it was pregnacy pain... is that in anyway implied in what she says.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/21/00 11:20:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: For 3f
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that before tha tis answered you should tell us what has lead you to think along those lines. ^_~

ATh

3foolishmen
EVA-Pilot
(5/22/00 9:50:56 am)
I think ATh asked me before if I mind abbreviations of my nick, no, of course I don't.

As for Access, I don't think there is any specific connotation in what Asuka says to conclude the film that implies morning sickness. Nevertheless, since the meaning of that phrase is ambiguous, it ~!could!~ imply morning sickness too. I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder, depending on how one interprets the events that lead up to the last scene in EoE, and if your interpretation somehow includes the possibility of Asuka being pregnant, then so it is. ^^;
But let me bring some points to attention. Morning sickness is usually evident in the early to middle stages of pregnancy, starting anywhere from 1~2 weeks in rare advanced cases, and more usually from 5~6 weeks onwards. Who could have gotten her pregnant in that timeframe?
In addition, in one of the later episodes(20? or so. I need to get back the series soon), Misato mentions that Asuka has her period, and that it's causing her synch ratio to fall. So the next time Askua would have been fertile would be 28 or so days later. 28 days + 5~6 weeks(or even 1~2 weeks, for that matter) brings us awfully close, or even past, the day of the 3rd Impact.
I'd say it's unlikely.

3foolishmen
EVA-Pilot
(5/22/00 10:15:25 am)
I got sidetracked by the pregnancy thing that I forgot the stuff about what she actually says.

「気持ち悪い」
「気持ち」 means "a feeling" or "a mood".
「悪い」 means "bad".
A direct translation would be "to feel ill or sick" or "to find something unpleasant, disgusting or unnerving".
Note that she doesn't mention a subject or a predicate. So, there's not telling of who is doing, or being done. Asuka could be feeling sick herself, she could be finding Shinji sickening, or unpleasant, or she could be seeing the situation they are in as awkward or unnerving.
Go figure.

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/22/00 5:03:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: For 3f
Well ok I am well aware of the pregnacy thing. I will say what I know. First thing I am undecided I what I believe happend at the EoE. I have heard around 6 possible outcomes... and are just discrediting some facts to see which outcome would be more plausible.

Well consider the idea that mankind doesnt return to its orginal idea. It didnt specifically say to memory that they WILL more that they COULD if they build are the sides of their heart and stuff. It also has been said it unplausible for Mankind to return from LCL form.... because Shinji only did it by the Aid of his mother in the EVA 'giving birth' to Shinji once again.

If mankind didnt return return under this belief that would leave Shinji and Asuka. Now alot of tension has been made between these characters... their is no doubt that they have feelings for each other. Even if it was simple such as them kissing Shinji trying to Kiss Auska while sleeping. And him doing ythe deed over Auska. That last one is not honorable but could represent a sexual relationship with Auska. Of course they never slept together but given the chance at a differnet age.....

In Shinji's dreams while contemplating 3rd Impact he dreams of Shinji and Auska having a fight. Now their is still debate whether this is reality or not.... I believe it to be inside Shinji's head... but the world that was shown was plausable because of the existance of Pen2 being their. All humans died leaving Shinji and Auska, and all the other animals of the world Thus this would explain Pen2 reason for being their. Also in their is a shot shown where Shinji was laying on the bed topless with Auska hair drapping down on him. This could be Auska getting pregant in his mind. FOr they never had physical sex... but maybe was like the Vergin mary all over again... maybe it was born by divine intervention.

You may ask how does this fit in EVA, well many things in EVA relate to previous events in History, eg the great flood. MAybe this is another Adam & Eve who are set out to repopulated the Earth. In the bible mankind has began by Adam & EVe populating the world.... (I know Lillith did in EVA and in Jewdaism scripts) Noah and his Wife populated the world... and myabe now Auska and Shinji will. All the evil had been cleansed. If this is the case that would explain why Auska's period pain is mentioned so frequently and even in Auska's own mind during 3rd Impact. The mentioning of it always struck me as strange to mention for all things mentioned related to something else... and the period pain didnt add up. It would show Irony how Auska didnt want to have a child... and at the end finally 'saw the light' and new she was doing the right thing.

Thats why they could of ended up on the beach alone... to raise their new child anr repopulate mankind to start again under God's command to see if mankind would improve next time around.

Ok well this is just one possible ending of many in EVA do I believe it, I mstill not sure. It is possible and if Auska mentioning Pregnacy pain it would prove this theroy, however that is not the case... so is still up to speculation. Also this is NOT MY OPPION I dont have one yet... I am just rewriting several theorys into one document.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/23/00 1:07:40 am)
I also have a question now,

i was reading some other MB and it was mentioned that 'Rei' is the traditional Japanese word for Zero, or nothing.

Can this be comfirmed or denied?

Also i notice you are putting in Japanese characters as im just getting nonsense square things, how do it configure my comp to be able to view them?

Thanks

ATh

3foolishmen
EVA-Pilot
(5/23/00 4:40:28 am)
ATh: "...it was mentioned that 'Rei' is the traditional Japanese word for Zero, or nothing."

It can neither be confirmed nor denied. In a previous thread I wrote:

"Example: site, sight, cite. These words carry the same sound, yet their meanings differ. Similarly, the Japanese sound "rei" carries many meanings: gratitude, example, zero, spirit, coldness.

Interestingly enough, although all the figures' last names are assigned kanji characters, without exception, none of their first names have kanji characters designated. All names are written in katakana, thus the meaning of these names cannot be singled out to any one meaning. You can also say that the names may mean any one, or more, that the sound applies to. I'm guessing Anno did this purposefully, to include multiple meanings into any given character's personality."

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/23/00 5:31:53 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Well I didnt want to type that last letter in Vain... so ATh do you think it is a proberal ending the way it was descibed by me above?
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/23/00 11:41:55 pm)
3f

That is seemingly Qabalistic

gratitude, example, zero, spirit, coldness. These word do seemto have something in common, especially the

zero, spirit, coldness.

Ok Access, now for me to let a big secret out,

Im under the impression that a womans period begins when the chance for fertilisation is lost, ie the ovum is not fertilised, thus the blood rich layers of the uterus are shead as they are unneeded,
i could be wrong here, it has been a long time since high school for me, and i never paid much attention anyway.(so it is something i dont quite know)

so i dont see Asuka being pregnant, nor do i see period pain being out of place in that episode. That angel was bringing to the surface a lot of things Asuka found painful, and even shameful. Menstration was something Asuka did not like, nor it seem want, so it was brought to surface.

About this repopulating the world. The crosses were returning to earth, which represented peoples return to earth, but i see what you mean, the one man one woman thing, and it does have the feeling of a new begining (until he strangles her further)

I would not rule it out and so far it seems the best possible explaination (but it also doesn't quite seem right, but that could just be me)

Does this help???

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/24/00 6:36:35 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Yeah thanks... I am still am undetermined as to what I believe is the ending.... I probably will never have a belief... but I am satisfied with that. But we shall see....
Access