eva2000
Administrator

Question

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/21/00 5:32:00 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All
Curly Whirly Thing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In EoE their is a scene when Unit-01 spreads its wings over the System Siphrirca then a Cirly Whirly thing appears over the top... what is it.... it looks like the ABC logo (dont worry if you dont understand lol what the ABC logo is.) What is it needed... is it part of the System Siphrica?
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/21/00 11:26:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Curly Whirly Thing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont remember the exact thing you are refering to in EoE (it is still sitting here by my feet, under Vision of the Escaflowne 1-4)

But it might be a reference to the Ain Soph
(well the Ain
the Ain Soph
and the Ain Soph Aur)

This is the unmanifest, which finds its way into manifestation through Kether

Ain is Nothing
Ain Soph The Limitless
Ain Soph Aur The Limitless Light

The Tree of Life can be divided into 4 parts and world (which it is)
But taking the Three Veils of the Negative into consideration

The Tree of Life may be but a pendant to the Three Veils as Malkuth is a Pendant to the Tree

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/22/00 5:56:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Curly Whirly Thing
The next time you see EoE again have alook and see if that what it actually is... I do reconise it... I think I have a few papers on it... but cant find them...
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/23/00 12:35:05 am)
Access

Give me a time in minutes/ hours

i just ran through it in fast farward but didnt see the the part you mention.

But as an aside,
when Shinji and Asuka are alone on that beach, shinji looks out to the red sea, too see Rei standing above the water, but then she suddenly vanishes- very reminicent of the first time he saw her, that is in the first episode out on the street before Misato picks him up.

ATh

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/23/00 1:37:42 am)
Another aside,
i dont know where the relevent thread is so ill bring it up here.

I dont think that the copies of the Lance are all that powerful. True they are anti A.T. Feild, but it seems that this only happens when placed in a Core.

When Asuka is being attacked by the last X^2 Eva, the lance does not make it through her A.T. Field until her power runs out and the A.T. Field disappears.

Also do the X^2 types ever generate an A.T.Field??? i dont remember them doing so. Also when the Original Lance is placed within 01's core, it alters shape rather than bringing destruction to 01.

Its (The Lance) relevence to the initiation of thrid impact is also not so clear cut. SEELE were planning on initiating it even when the Lance was thought lost. (Perhaps thats why they were so eager to have complete control of the Evas, as if there was a confrontation the copies would be unable to penetrate the core of an unwilling unit.

(looking back over old posts-- i dont think Adam was unable to control the energy when the Lance was placed in him, quite the opposite, it woke him up and he obliterated half of humanity, for the distrubance, it would seem he took joy in the energy)

ATh

Covax
NERV-Technician
(5/23/00 7:02:05 am)
On that note, why did Selee go: "The original spear has returned. This is less than expected but it will suffice."

WTF were they expecting? Mabee it's a mistranslation but it dosen't seem so.

And I still belive that the weapons the white EVA's were using were just morphable weapons, they just took the shape of the lance.

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/23/00 6:05:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ATh ok I will find the time or something but when the lances are shived in their cores the Tree Siphrica Appeas then a top view is shwon and lines join to form the ABC symbol.

About Disapearing Rei at the end... yeah I brought this up in "Question About Rei" in a past thread.

Yes about the Lances being less powerful.. I agree I am under the belief that nothing is as good as the orignal. So I agree with everything their.

All creatures have AT fields its what caused them from not turning to LCL, so yes EVA series DOES have an AT field.

About Adam.... yeah I am revising my history on EVA... and am now doubting many orginal beliefs now that your brought up that Embryo thing could actually be Lillith.... But I still have no reason to disbelieve what I orginally said. Of course their is no real accurate way to determin what ACTUALLY happend... it was the best answer which fitted with the facts I had at the time...

To Covax;
Covax from memory the quote didnt go like that, but I am not sure.

I dont think they were morphable weapons because the lance's broke through Auska's At field... and they were used to bring around third impact so I think they are more important than just another type of weapon. ALso the RCB speaks of the cloned lances..... but you know what I think about the RCB.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/23/00 11:18:03 pm)
Cool Access, (havent heard from you for a whle on ICQ)

but thats the point i tried to make, the Lance doesn't get through Asuka's A.T.Feild, Her power runs out, the A.T. Feild drops and the lance spears her.

(but that last post of mine was a bit late, half way through i forgot what i was on about and still continued to ramble )

Hmmm the embryo being Lilith, it is possible but i dont think ever varifiable. We might have to just accept what Kaji says, that it is Adam, but then we might not?

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/24/00 6:06:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Ok remmeber you were the one who told me that theory about the Embyro being Lillith. But think about this, it would explain why he thought that the being on the cross was Adam... because it had grown that big. Also it would explain why it didnt automatically grow legs before the lance was put in. It was just growing. remmeber Kaji said "It's already revived itself to this stage" it was already growing very rapidly. SO gendou rushed back to the Antarica to get the Lance so that he could stop it from growing any more. However this creates many more problems if the Embyo was Lillith.... but as I said I am revising my history.

Yeah I havnt been on ICQ much... I am slowing down a bit... on everything... I basically have 4 more months at school this is my only chance to do my HSC, I need a good mark to get into Uni.... so all I need to do now is work hard for the next 4 months then I can do what I want... so yeah... you will see gradully see less and less of me.... but I will be around.... But I cant stay away from EVA that easily so....
Access

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(5/24/00 7:23:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Embryo
just a short post because i'm pressed for time....

the embryo is NOT repeat NOT Lilith. In the directors cut, gendo removes his glove to reveal the embryo embedded in his palm. Kinda hard to pull off if Lilith is nailed to the cross at the time.....
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/24/00 8:58:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Embryo
As I said it is just a theory.... but as I am revising some of the things that we just planinly except as truth. Well maybe eveything needs to be revised.... yes that thing that merged at the end could be differnt to the one brought by Kaji..... but I think this is now farfetched... questions would arise such as how did Adam get in the custody of Gendou.... so yeah I agree it is Adam that arrived with Kaji.

But this still leaves the big question that I am still not satisified with;
When the Lance was removed Lilliths legs just grew back in the time span of one second.... so if the lance was not their until episode 6 what prevented her legs from just growing..... Thats my problem is it possible that EVA has an inconsitancy or is their an explination that I havnt heard of. Cap mentioned that the legs could of been kept being cut off, but they were constantly growing.... so... errrrhhrhr..... I really hope I reach the conclusion of an inconsitancy.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/24/00 11:40:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Embryo
Yes i brought up those very questions to the embryo thing as well, it would make life so much easier if it was Lilith, but there isnt enough pointing that way.

Have you found a time yet? for this ABC logo about 01's head?

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/25/00 12:11:38 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Embryo
Sorry I will eventuaklly.......
Access

Ura
NERV-Technician
(5/29/00 1:30:57 pm)
The curly thing I thought was a Christian reference, when EVA-01 is "crucified" I thought that it was a symbol of the crown of thorns placed on his head, I think

Ordog
NERV-Technician
(5/30/00 11:18:06 pm)
"I dont think that the copies of the Lance are all that powerful. True they are anti A.T. Feild, but it seems that this only happens when placed in a Core.

When Asuka is being attacked by the last X^2 Eva, the lance does not make it through her A.T. Field until her power runs out and the A.T. Field disappears." -ATH

Sorry this one was the only post that drew my attention. I think you'd find ATH that the lance did indeed go through the AT Field and hit Asuka, a short while after unit 02 powers down. (its arms go up in pain for a brief second, then fall once its power stops)

Ordog
NERV-Technician
(5/30/00 11:20:19 pm)
I apologise I made a mistake in last post, I actually meant that the lance goes through 02's at field BEFORE unit 02 powers down. (its arms go up in pain for a brief second, then fall once its power stops)