Old 03-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Exclamation Re-watching Code Geass

I just finished re-watching Code Geass. I wanted to see it uncut with the original Japanese. The subtitles on the DVD are pretty good, so the whole story is there. Actually, the voices in the Japanese dub are better than the English.

There were a few details I forgot from when the series ran on Adult Swim. But I was surprised to find out that the second time through I really did not get much that I did not get the first time I saw the series. It really is more simplistic than I remember. Oh, this time it was a bit easier keeping track of the several characters. There are so many, it is easy to get confused the first time through. But re-watching gave me no new insights into the story itself.

Note that I only watched the first series. I have not re-watched R2 yet. Netflix does not have the first part of the second series. When they do, I will re-watch that as well.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 03:51 AM   #2   [permalink]
rerisenphoenix

This is such a good anime! I recently re-watched it as well, and picked up on a few smaller details. I'm definitely looking forward to R-3 whenever it comes out, and hopefully it will tie in with the rest!
rerisenphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 12:48 AM   #3   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Is R-3 a rumor or reality? Or wishful thinking? In the manga's, there were two re-tellings of the story, one from Nunnally's point of view and one from Susaku's. Is this what they are planning for R-3?

I have my own idea for a sequel which continues the story. Lelouch is dead, but it is not death as we know it. So Lelouch does return. I would have the same for Euphie and Shirley, but their personalities would be a lot darker. They all return when Susaku is not up to the Zero role and evil threatens everything that Nunnally is trying to build. I haven't figured out what roles Kallen and C2 would play. But those are just my ideas.
Old 21-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #4   [permalink]
rerisenphoenix

It is confirmed, but the only thing I've heard about R-3 is that it's supposed to be set in Europe. I'm not sure which time period, but I've heard that (surprise) CC is involved.
rerisenphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #5   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

But it can't be a real Code Geass sequel without Lelouch!

That is why if I were doing the sequel, Lelouch would be dead, but not dead as we know it. That way he could return. I would also have it that anyone who dies as a direct result of geass may also not be dead as we know death, but would be able to return with the help of someone who has geass. So Lelouch could also bring Shirley and Euphimia back, although they would not be their own bubbly, happy selves. Wouldn't your personality be changed if you were shot to death?

I would not have the Emperor, Lady Marianne or Mao come back since I am not sure they are really dead. Mao is in "CC land," whatever that is. And Lelouch sent his parents to wherever. Probably they are living next door to Mao, and not too happy about it. I am not so sure about what I would do with Rollo. I guess by my thinking, he could also return. But why make the story more complecated.

At least I would give Kallen a second chance to get it on with Lelouch. If a virgin Lelouch would have no other reason to return from the dead, it would be to get it on with a hot redhead! Although that may make Lelouch think twice about bringing Shirley back.

This would make one hellava fan fiction if I had the time to write a novel.