Old 01-07-2000, 04:20 AM   #1   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/7/00 4:29:31 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All
It is upon us
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This my firiends is where I would like to hold this discussion. We all have gaps in our knowledge and I hope this will be sufficient in bringing out solutions.

First I would like to have a few little requests from the people of this Message Board. I don't want to sound like im bossing you around but can the people I requested to participate in this activity (and excepted) to answer every email I put into this MB. Even if its a "Yeah thats exactly what I think", but a more desciptive answer would be better.

Also another is that any answer placed into this thread should be backed up with facts and is totoally clear in your mind. If it is not, put down in the message what you know and what you can't seem to put together.

My main aim is to clear up details in this thread, people seem to all understand specific things but in the descitption put a statement like "well no one knows", "irrleivant, you don't need to know it", "then somthing happend". Answers like this is what the aim is off this message board.

My final request, im really sorry about this one but can only the people I asked to answer these questions, things will move better that way. Im not trying to be aa snob or divide the MB it's just the people of the board who have incallurable knowledge, I believe are ones who can answer my problems. I by no means consider myself at their level, but have a tendicy to ask alot of questions, which many go unanswered. So thankyou for yourhelp.

Sorry, place a message back if you have a problem with any of these. The group selected is the Da Cap, David Ikari, Pen2 and of course EVA2000 since its your board you can say what you want, its your board, and you are perfect to referee these discussions.
Access

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/9/00 7:08:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: It is upon us
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been writing up my discussion plan for days now and it is becoming excessively harder to comprise all my sources and ideas in to one document. So I have done by best to make this information clear. NB: Every quote presented is accurately reprinted from its source.

Some little history on Lillith and Adam;
As you know god created women and man in his own image on the sixth day, giving them charge over the world. Adam was sent to name every creature and beast. And when Adam saw they all had a mate, he asked God why he doesn not have one. So god made Lillith by usingsediment and filth. Lillith was not unfaithful to Adam but was unobendient. Don't forget during the times the bible was written Greek males were homosexual because thought Women were inferior. Sorry but the bible when orginally written is very racists and sexist.

Sorry if those comments offend anyone. Anyway God sent out three angels (not from NG) to reclaim Lillith, they found her at the "Red Sea" where many deveils live. She excaped and wandered the earth. Its the belief of the Hebrew that Water attracts Demons. Lillith was known as the child eater and caused men to ejactulate while they slept, (not a very nice women).

While Lillith wandered the Earth Adam seeked another mate and the rib was taken and Eve was created, and since Eve was a part of adam she should not be unfaithful, because that would now be going against gods wishes (see sexists, VERY sexists). They spawned children, one of which was Cain. Adam and Eve had already atten the fruit of wisdom so were punished and sent to earth. Lillith aventually met Cain and they spawned the rest of mankind considered to be the Lillim. The lillim are devils, atrocitys created by lillith and just all around bad creatures. But since Mankind got the fruit of wisdom, while the angels got the the fruit of life we are differnt beings. But as time has proven the "smarter" we get the more destructive we become.

The lillim is the last Angel, Yes it is Cap, it was said in the dead sea scrolls that the lillim is the last challenge that must be faced, the battle between the JSSDF and Nerv. However Angels are like man more then man is like an angel, when we gained wisdom, we lost the ability to use our AT field as a barrier. So technically we are angels, we came from them its just we evolved (or de-evolved) into something differnt. We cannot use our At field, and are dimmly even aware of it. But without it we would just turn to LCL. Plus in the RCB is says "It can be said that "Angels" is just another form of human, with the same probability of appearance as human. Human is thus the 18th Angel". Yes Misato probably was joking, but Anno put that in to reveal it to us. Notice how it is the last thing said in ep 24 just before we get into Shinji's thoughts.

The belief of revolution is a strong thing. "We must return to that we sprang forth". Angels came from Adam and the lillim came from Lillith, we all know that.

Now sorry this is not really a question, just Captain Jake, David Ikari, Pen2, please reply to this message then I WILL continue, just want to know if anything in your vast database of knowledge does anything here not add up or does anything, contradiction what you believe. I really need your input, so to ensure we understand exactly what is presented in EVA.
Access

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/10/00 4:33:50 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Humanity = Not 18th Angel
Sorry man but if humans were the 18th angel just touching Adam would start the thrid impact. Gendo did more than touch it, he fused it into his hand. also in episode 24 at the very end they said nothing about the 18th angel. Genesis 0:12 was the first tape I got and I must of watched it at least 100 times and know it by heart almost. What she said at the end was about how Shinji shouldn't feel bad and that the one who deserved to survive was the one who has the will to make it happen. he wished for death and by doing that, chose to die for a false hope. then Shinji said "Misato, how can you be so cruel?" that's what happened. absolutely nothing was said about man being the 18th angel until the movie actually. Also don't take that Adam, Lilith thing too seriously. That Adam and Eve story was called an alagory. that means that it has a lesson but shouldn't be taken too seriously. You don't actually believe that two people could start the human race do you? They were the first Angels sent to test humanity and were named this by humans. They never said "hi, my name is Adam, God is not pleased, I'm here to dispense some indiscrimite justice." As funny as that would be it didn't happen. But I appreciate your effort.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/10/00 1:49:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Well..
Well the lillim lost their form when obtaining the fruit of wisdom, and losing the ability to use an AT field so no they could not be the ones to start the 3rd impact. Technically the lillim is not an angel, but where pretty close we just lost our form, either way we apposed the last challenge that mankind must face, so one could say they are angels, just not technically. Also Misato in Air states that we 1are the 18th angel, not being sarcastic, or anything, actually says it.

Also no I am not relgious in any way shape or form, I just enjoy researching relgion, the reason I put all that previous data is to see if it contradicted any of your thoughts and research you may of done, just wanted to know if my reasearch was acurate. And if I interpreted the data actrurately. So just compare with what ever you know. I will go into a lot of other stuff that is relevant to EVA, its just I wanted to confirm the relgious background history.

AND NO I DONT BELIEVE IN WHAT I WRITE. I am NOT relgious I just enjoy researching history and relgion.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/10/00 5:14:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Well..
Come on David Ikari, please answer and say if it stuffs up what you know, or if you don't really know but it sounds right.

Thanks for your time David Ikari and especxially your time Cap.
Access

David Ikari
EVA-Pilot
(4/11/00 8:50:27 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: It is upon us
My understanding says that this has some notes from the Movie, so I may not be much help. I have learnt that Lillith was the first woman, and also the first demon. Adam was originally a being of both Man and woman, but God later removed his female aspect into another body. That would have been lillith. Adam and a sone with her (Cain) and she was banished into the form of a lizard. Adam was lonely, so God made Eve. They had children. Lillith became jealous and mad Eve eat the apple which Adam also ate. It was this original sin that was supposed to reduce Adam from a giant of light into a human form.

It is only a small amount of info, but I can find out more. I just hope that's the sort of thing your lookning for.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/11/00 4:43:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Thankyou Everyone
Thanks David thats excatly what im after just confrimation that im on the right tract, adn with a little bit of material to add my notes thanks. Now David what do you think of MAnkind being the 18th Angel (but just not technically because they lost their form from the orginal sin. Because of not being able to use their AT fields they couldn't set of third impact. But as the dead sea scrolls stated that their would be an 18th challenge posed to mankind, and that would be the lillim itself. What do you think David and Cap prove me wrong, im not saying what Cap is saying is wrong, its just that our ideas are conflicteing, and I would like the ideas from all of us, to determin, what the most probably one is. Thanks, just in search of the truth or the closest thing to it.

Access

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/11/00 4:59:46 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Thankyou Everyone
Also another note, it is my understanding that Cain is Adam and Eves child because Lillith and Cain created the rest of Mankind. Adam and Eve also had another child Abel, and Cain slew Abel. -Irrelevant data.

Also a question is the snake that told Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit REALLY Lillith?
Access

David Ikari
EVA-Pilot
(4/12/00 8:42:44 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Thankyou Everyone
Biologicly, along the christian life lines, mankind would have to be an Angel. In NGE, it would not surprise me if they were. Human beings may be able to use their AT fields, but not in the same sense as the Angels. Our AT fields are what give people the sense of wether this person likes you or not, like if you talk to a person and you instantly feel 'I don't like this person', and people with high ego's block any type of external data relating to themselves from entering their personal space. We do have AT fields, it's just they are to weak.

The 18th challenge is already upon us. We are slowly sinking down into war among each other, which I would say is a little bit of a challenge meself. Our goal may be to wittle ourselves down to the last few ot one. Anyway, in straying from the NGE side of things. But actually, this could have some relevance there too. The 18th challenge may have just been to figure out how to merge with Adam, or to evolve to the form that will merge us with God. I haven;t seen anything past the 26 episodes on TV, so I wouldn;t know anything about the human merge with lillith or Adam, please have patience.

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/12/00 10:06:06 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Angel, Human, not the same thing!!!!!!!
Even in the bible. God created the angels before he created humanity. Also Kaworu even said that the Angels are born from Adam while humans are born from Lilith. Hence the name "Lilim". Sure both the Angels and the Eva's have a genetic match that is like 98.9% that of a human but that does not make them human. All life looks and is generally the same when in the embryotic stage. My embryo and my Cat's embryo were probably pretty similar until our genetic code tells us to evolve a certain way to look like and take on the form of a certain thing. All life starts out Female for example. We guys get the "Y" chromosome which makes us change or fork off from our evolutionary path. Females get another "X" chromosome which makes them evolve as is. This explains why Men have nipples. sorry but Misato was just being sarcastic!

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/12/00 12:31:26 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Angel, Human, not the same thing!!!!!!!
I wouldn't be so diffintive Cap, in episode 24 it could be argued that she was being sarcastic however in Air she states it again, not being sarcastic, explainging that Man is the last challenge and that Humans are the 18th Angel, Anno wanted us to understand that, by sort of giving us that at the end of Ep24. However people couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic so, yes it confused many people, BUT in EOE Anno decided to reveal it to everyone, no personal interpreattion required. Also inside the cover of the NG covers which reveal many things about EVA, and it says in their that 18th Angel is the lillim. It was stated in the cover and in Air and it makes sense. It just of course we did forked off as you said so OK we arent Angels, but we are pretty close and not just because of the 99% simality but more so because we were angels but ate that fruit.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/12/00 11:35:54 pm)
Technically, no we are not Angels (according to scripture)
The Angels possess only the Higher aspects of creation, the Elementals on the other hand possess only the Lower aspects of Creation. We Humans are made in Gods image and possess both the Higher and Lower apsects.

Within Qabalistic context Humans being the 18th angel makes no sense as every Human possess every Force, the angels on the other hand possess only one force, that of their nature.

An example- Haniel is an Archangel associated with Venus and the Sephirah of Netzach. She is Perfect within Her sphere, incapable of evolution, but She possess no other forces (such as those of Hod or Tiphareth).
Each Human possess the Force which Haniel Personifies as well as those of the other Sephiroth, we are not perfect but we can evolve.

In the context of Evangelion it is hinted that Humans and the Angels share a common link, but (in my opinion) nothing more. Misato does state that Humans are the 18th angel but keep in mind Misato is ignorant of a lot of things.
Only Gendo or Keel could really provide evidence for this (as they would know).

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/13/00 7:36:38 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Tru dat yo tru dat
If Misato told you to jump off a bridge would you? they aren't the 18th angel. It has been proven!!!!! We are not. I gave you my answer and A T H is backing me up with his higher education. Misato was saying that in referrence to how cruel humans can be to one another. also it never once says in ep 24 that we are the 18th angel. I have seen it at least 100 times!

David Ikari
EVA-Pilot
(4/13/00 8:46:27 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Tru dat yo tru dat
OK, I was wrong. My sorce is also wrong, so he must receive the ultimate punishment of a smack upside the head. Thanks. Humans are not the !8th angel, but it would explain our phsycological phonomenonomonomons.

On that note, I say good bye. I'm off for 2 weeks. Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/13/00 9:21:58 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Ok Ok
I surrender here is my worst fear comin to life, thanks cap for straighting things out, so we arent the 18th angel, but we are the 18th challenge. Anyway onto my next statement, on to 2nd Impact....

And hope to see you back here David, your help would of been helpful, oh well, ATh, would you like to take his place?

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/13/00 2:01:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Tru dat yo tru dat
oh David your off for a while, well see ya soon

George
Rate Eva2000.com at Animenation.com

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/13/00 4:31:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
I admit nothing!!!!!
I knew their was more proof! I believ it is personal oppion to call the the lillim the 18th Angel. I literally have printed out hundred of texts on NG. And have found the one im looking for. You may not trust what Misato says, but she knew inside information and she had no note of sarcasm in her voice in Air. ALSO in the unedited version of EVA, where we see Adam merge with Gendo, we see in Episode 24, after Kaoru was killed by Unit 01, their is a scene were the Seele is talking and Keel says "All the angels born of Adam have now been destroyed, making humankind the last remaining Angel. The promised time has come - the time to place a soul in Lillith and clense this impure world". So its tru dat, you tru dat, or what ever you say.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/13/00 11:54:14 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: I admit nothing!!!!!
Well, that i would accept, what SEELE said, in relation to Eva.
But i see that they make mention that "All the angels born of Adam ..."

This seems to be bit of an inconsistancy unless humans were also born from the Angel Adam
And we hear often on this board that humans came from Lilith not Adam.

Also this comes back to a VERY sore point on this board (sorry eva2000) But i notice the "time to place a soul in Lillith..."
Making Lilith on the cross soulless (still living though) and PERHAPS Her soul is in Rei or 00.

Access, do you have copies of the scripts for the unedited version, i would love to know where you got them from as it seems they answer more questions then the movies

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/14/00 2:39:22 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: I admit nothing!!!!!
Sure all photos and scripts can be found at;
http://www.evaotaku.cjb.net

Also it states that "All the angels born of adam are defeated" not all the angels are born from Adam, so It makes perfect sense, however I still believe as the Cap says we are not technically Angels. Just we forked off, but we are the 18 challenge so even Seele called us the 18th Angel and Misato. So the evidence points the way of Anno HEAVILY hinting that we are the 18th Angel.

Also about that putting a soul in Lillith, no lillith has a soul it's just to annitiate 3rd impact another an Angels soul needs to be placed into Lillith or even the being in which we all would merge with, not that her own soul needs to be returned.
Access

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/14/00 7:05:42 am)
Reply | Edit | Del You betta admit fool!
I don't trust any translations untill they are officially done and approved of by the original creators. That's why I don't trust what this Red Cross Booklet says. Japanese and English are very different languages so a lot of adding and changes are needed for the translation to make sense. Also We are born from Liltih! hence Lilim. Angels are born from Adam!!! Think about that! We aren't angels we are lilim! God created humans in his own image. The angels were not. The angels were long before humans. Even the Bible says something about Angels being angels for eternity and they have always been angels. Humans are not, nor can they become angels. Saying that humans are angels is like saying that a golden retriever is a kind of cat. Sorry but humans and angels are very different. Eat dat!

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/14/00 12:35:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: You betta admit fool!
Come on not trusting the translation thats just contradicting evidence because it doesnt support your arguement, examin each source.

We ARE born from Lillith, and Lillith is an angel, hence the similarity, but Lillith tricked mankind into eating the fruit of wisdom, thus losing our form, so we arent angels I know this. But we were, just because of that fruit.

About that eternity of the Angels, well angels HAVE always been Angels, the lillim have not allways been humanity.

Go created mankind in his own image, yeah well Anno based NG on relgious references, not retold the events, if that line was true, even the basics would be wrong. Becasue Adam, eva, lillith were the first humans created by God, so they would all be humans so, that line cant be used.

Bout that golden retriever thing, yes A cat and a dog are differnt just like man and angels are differnt BUT a cat never was a dog, and mankind WAS like angels.

So in summary Mankind were like angels, but lillith fooled mankind into eating the fruit so we lost our form and lost the ability to use a AT field which was needed to cause 3rd impact. We are not angels but we pose the 18th challenge, Misato calls us Angels and Seele call us angels, I know we arent but we pose the 18th challenge so we might as well be. The bible says how we deversified from angels eating the fruit of knowelge so that my say. SO we ARENT angels but were pretty close.
Access

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/14/00 2:49:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: You betta admit fool!
Ok I think we are all tired of this arguement, Cap has admitted over ICQ that my statement is true. Hes not wrong, we arent Angels but etc.... Ok now onto 2nd Impact.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/15/00 12:03:49 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: I admit nothing!!!!!
I tried that page,
just an error message. Did you type it right? i just copy and paste.

thanks
ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/15/00 6:49:23 am)
Reply | Edit | Del I pity da fool who thinks Angels=Humans
Your theory might make some sense, If you smoke enough crack maybe. But then again, smoking enough crack could make you think some crazy stuff like any soul but Naoko Akagi is in Eva-00, or that Unit-01 is a direct clone of Lilith, or that Lilith has no soul. Poor babies, running to their stupid Red Cross booklet when the going gets tough. Lots of interpretation there. If you have any aspirations of me admitting defeat then you may as well take those aspirations, turn them sideways and stick them straight up your candy ass! The point is that you yourself admitted that Humanity is not the 18th angel and that is my point so what are we still arguing about?

jasdf
EVA-Pilot
(4/15/00 9:07:34 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: I pity da fool who thinks Angels=Humans
well, if your are saying the translations of that can be incorrect than I want to state that the translation of the movie may be incorrect too.

I mean, this is comming from translators that spell "emergency" as "emargency" in a backround of the movie

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/15/00 12:42:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Enough...
Right "Captain" i'm getting a bit sick of this. I don't care what your opinion of translations is, but The Red Cross Book can't be much better or worse than whatever translation of the Movie you're looking at. Plus it's a legitimate creation BY GAINAX. It seems to me you only wanna discredit it because it doesn't support your theory

"...smoking enough crack could make you think some crazy stuff like any soul but Naoko Akagi is in Eva-00, or that Unit-01 is a direct clone of Lilith, or that Lilith has no soul..."

I got nothing but respect for YOUR opinions but if the only way you can defend them is statements like that then go and jump off something high.....
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/15/00 3:12:29 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Enough...
hmmm

::cough...cough::

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/15/00 4:21:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Enough...
First thing I dont trust the Red Cross Book, not because of translation just because it is someone elses interpretation. I mainly use the actually series as my proof. And about everything else you say I agree on, I have never disagreed on half the things you say, of course bloody Ristuko's mums in Unit-00 I have even more evidence then what you supplied to everyone enhancing the truth, of course EVA was craeted by using some of Adams tissue (just not only Adams tissue), I dont trust the RCB at all, all im after is the truth.

Cap rememeber what we were talking about, we all KNOW we arent an Angel look at my previous posts I have never said that, we are just considered to be BY EVERY BLOODY PERSON IN THE EVANGELION SERIES AND MOVIE. Now Cap are you goin back on your word and sain that im the only one calling the lillim the 18th Angel. Get over this ego trip for the greater good of evangelion to expose it to its bare roots, this arguement is tedious and insignificant, CAP your not wrong, we arent angels, but all the people of EVA call us that because of the information presented in the last 10 posts, OK?, OK?. Now just except it unless you can bring new evidence into light. YOUR oppion is not admissible as evidence. Sorry.
Access

Edited by Access at: 4/15/00 4:21:01 pm

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/15/00 4:10:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
New Area of Discussion OK?! OK?!
First thing ATh the links working for me. And I checked to see if it was set to reload page automatically. So I dont know why you couldnt access it.

Now I dont fully understand the events that took place at 2nd Impact this next discussion will involve us bring out ideas and sources into the light.

Who is the 1st angel, that has been debated in many boards and people all have contradicting ideas some say Adam, Lillith, Rei or Unit 01. Only morons think it is Rei or Unit 01. SO that leaves Lillith and Adam. In differnt relgious texts it says Lillith came before adam but in some it says adam came before lillith, this leads me to the conclusion that relgious sources cannot be used to decide this arguemnt.

Well me and cap seem to agree on one thing, the RCB is untrustworthy. I do believe that many of the things in the RCB are wrong. They are someones interpretation. Anno himself said "If you can't find the answers it's not my problem" he didn't want everything to be explained. In the RCB is says adam is the first Angel. BUT I believe differnt.

I believe the greatest source of information on EVA is EVA itself, in the series its stated that Adam was discovered during 2nd impact. Thats when mankind found him, but Seele was formed way before 2nd impact planning instrumentatlity. Seele has possessed Lillith for many years also way before 2nd Impact. This coupled with the fact that Seeles logo has the seven eyes of lillith upon it proves that Seele was very aware of lillith.

So whether Lillith was the first angel created I dont know, but she certainly was the first Angel discovered by man, so she is classified as the 1st angel. What evidence do you have to support each side?

Da Cap has already posted info on this from one of my questions, he stated;

"..Lillith is the first Angel, she was cheating on adam which is why he came to earth....Adam is only the first human being while Lillith is the first angel....but you can believe what ever you want."

Ok thats good, need proof though, anyone got any information strong enought to contradict that Adam is the 1st Angel. Also message back if you have no clue wither or just post your opinon, Thanks people I need this infromation.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/15/00 11:47:22 pm)
Thanks, ill retry the page tonight.

The Seven eyes of Lilith? where do you get that from? and supposing that it is true, simply because SEELE chose that as an insignia does not give any evidence that Lilith is the first angel.

It would be more likley that SEELE know that it is through Lilith that humanity's evolution is possible and so choose to mark themselves with a symbol of Lilith. So i will agree with you that SEELE are aware of Lilith, but i would go even further and say that SEELE where aware of all the Angels. How else would they plan their Senario? and be mildly upset when their senario was not acted out to the letter?

Of course my opinion is that Adam is the first Angel.

Also you meantion religious text. The only religious text which can be thought of as legit is the Tora as these books were selected becuase they said what the authers of Judaism whated to be said. There is not mention at all, i stress, AT ALL of Lilith in the old testament. She is Jewish Folklore. But you would be odd not to take Her into consideration.

Now, onto second impact. We know it took place upon antarctica and that half of the worlds population died due to unhealthy weather changes and probly drowning. Third impact is different as it strikes the Geo-Front directly. It would also appear that the Geo-Front was made to withstand this very strike (physically) in order to allow what was meant to happen happen.

Any thoughts on the matter?

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/16/00 3:25:56 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Well Adam probably was craeted before Lillith, but in relgious manuscripts it says the oppositw. Some say they were created at the same time. But Adam WAS discovered at 2nd Impact, and lillith was found years and years ago, so it would just be commensense to call the first Angel discovered the first angel. Not everyone new of other angels only maybe Keel and other memebers of Seele, even Gendo I believe was unaware of the other Anegsl, I will discuss this at a later time. And other ideas and sources from Pen2, Cap, or David. The arguement is one sided ATh has put some good info up, who agrees/disagrees.

I only have this information preseneted above AND a gut feeling. lol.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/16/00 3:56:46 am)
But then Karou would be the 3rd angel, as he was found the day of second impact (or born?), and not the 17th. Humans would be the first angel not the 18th (if you believe humans are the 18th and they are numbered the way they are found) (i believe niether) (at the moment) (its really late).

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/16/00 12:57:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Now your just being picky, after 2nd impact it was revealed to Gendo and other people by Seele that their were other angels. Written in the dead sea scrolls is the logical order in which the Angels appeare each one a test(generally). The first angel found was lillith then Adam. All the angels where depicted in the Deads dea scrolls. After Saciel appeared shamshell then Ramiel.. etc. Then the 17th Angel came, even thought Kaoru COULD of been found by Seele before the other angels appeared he was not to be used until his time to challenge mankind was upon. Then came Mankind the final challenege. I have edited this bit I will clarify, I believe that Mankind is the last challenge. People say that the last challenge is Mankind in generall having wars, polluting the earth, but I believe that Anno personified the evils of mankind in the War upon Nerv in Air. The dead sea scrolls describes the order in which the angels would challenge mankind.

So if Adam's challenge occured at 2nd Impact, when did Lilliths? It must of happend before 2nd Impact so Lillith must be the first challenge which mankind faced. What it was im not sure about, maybe actually finding and catching Lillith in the geofront where she rested.
Access

Edited by Access at: 4/16/00 12:57:38 pm

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/16/00 11:45:07 pm)
That last paragraph is no logically sound, there are too many unstated 'ifs' there.

i do not really think we are getting anywhere so i will alter the question abit.

What would it mean to you (to everyone reading) if Adam or Lilith happens to be the first Angel?

For me not much either way. i could even just say that adam was the Hermaphidite (with lilith included) thus there is not sense in the first and second, both were created simultaniously, and separated simultaniously.

Last thing, Lilith was the last challenge as it was through her that third impact was initiated and Shinji had to face the greatest challenge mankind had ever faced. (doesn't make her the last angel)

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/18/00 11:27:52 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Me and ATh are discussing this in ICQ so as not to waist space in this string. Pen2 what is your oppion on who is the 1st, and Cap do you have any more proof. Where are Cap you die or something, havent been using the board in a bit.
Access

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/19/00 12:09:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Adam is angel #...
Sorry about my absence. I was busy. In my not so humble opinion Adam was the First Angel. He showed up first and Even Eve or Eva was created from his rib.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/19/00 10:44:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Adam is angel #...
I still think Lillith is the first Angel, this does not neccesairly mean that Lillith was created first, im saying which Angel is classified as the 1st angel according to Seele. I think that Lillith is the first because;

1) Adam WAS found at the antarctic at 2nd impact but Seele had captured Lillith LONG before that, so it would seem to me that Seele would call Lillith the first because it was the first angel encounted.

2) Seele thought Lillith of so much importance chose her face as the symbol of Seele, I couldnt imagine Keel having the 2nd Angel as his logo.

3) Their is a concept in EVA, we return to where we came from, angels came from Adam and must return to him and mankind came from lillith and must return to her, so its just a logical choice for the lillim to call lillith the first. If we were created by Adam, we might of called Adam the 1st.

ATh and da Cap, is their any chance you could provide evidence for your statements and oppions in the this format presented above, so their is a little summary of all the evidence you have. Then we can make up our own minds, knowing all the facts that are preseneted. Also Cap you chnage your mind have you, oh well.
Access

Edited by Access at: 4/19/00 10:44:12 pm

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/19/00 11:41:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Adam is angel #...
Firstly,

SEELE would number the Angels as they would be numbered in the Dead Sea Scrolls, after all that was SEELE's senario.(this is not clear in the series and is really the only sure way to know).

2) SEELE or Keel not having the second angel as his logo??
If it was through Lilith that mankinds and SEELE's salvation was to be found she could have been the last angel and still her face would be used as a logo.

3) Kaoru was found the day of thrid impact so by you rekening he is the 3rd angel (after Lilith then Adam)

4)If it is a return to the begining- which to you is Lilith- then humans have to be angels or Lilith is not an angel at all. My opinion is that it is through her that third impact takes place, She is a tool used only to neutrelise mankinds A.T.Feild. only Rei returns to Lilith.

These are my reasons why i do not think that Lilith is considered to be the first Angel by SEELE.

ATh

fasad
EVA-Pilot
(4/20/00 1:49:24 am)
sorry to drop in uninvited access.... stay calm please

From my intepretation of the series, lilith is refered to as the first. I think seele had known about it/her for a long, long time (keele is old!). I think that she was found or known to have been in the dark moon (again, i haven't seen the movies, just read a short hack translation of the dialogue), the geofront. just an idea.

adam was found in antartica, frozen. somehow, he came alive. i think that he was found with the lance in him, and it was removed, activating him. he was then somehow "shrunk" to an embryo. gendo came back a day before, knowing it would be very dangerous. now seele did this to get the lance, to use in the instrumentality project....

this is my idea as to us being angels etc. lilith is one mother, of mankind, the lilim. adam is the "mother" of the rest of the angels. so we are not strictly "angels", and neither are adam or lilith or the evas. as for kaoru, he was probably cloned from adam by seele, as rei was cloned from lilith. notice that they are both albino.

i'm dead tired, so ill be back tomorrow with more ramblings. i may as well start watching the series again too

Ordog
NERV-Technician
(4/20/00 1:50:53 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del lilith = second angel
Assuming that your theory is correct access, and that adam created angels, it would be impossible for lilith to be called the 1st angel because she was created by adam.

basically, its impossible for lilith to be called the 1st angel if she was created by adam, adam would have to come firstl. she probably was the 1st creation of adam though (which is why she is angel number 2, because she comes next).

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/20/00 2:31:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: lilith = second angel
mph, First ATh, we went over that bit, about Kaoru being third how, I said it was the order in which they were implmented (generally). Also their is no proof ANYWHERE that Lillith came from Adam, or that adam came from Lillith either, it has been argued they sepearted from a being that crash landed during 1st impact (settle ATh), also if we look to relgious sources it says that God created Lillith from filph and sediment, while adam was made from somthing else (clay I think), nowhere does it state Lillith came from Adam.

But even if she did it is irrelevant, because the order in which the angels are numbered is not neccessaryly chronological. (settle ATh we went over this and we couldnt convince each other, now Im after Caps and Pen2 oppion).
Access

Ordog
NERV-Technician
(4/20/00 10:13:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del ..
Access, i was going along with your theory that adam created all angels:

"'3) Their is a concept in EVA, we return to where we came from, angels came from Adam and must return to him and mankind came from lillith and must return to her, so its just a logical choice for the lillim to call lillith the first. If we were created by Adam, we might of called Adam the 1st.'"

If lilith was an angel then she must of been created from adam (going with your theory). as far as the number goes, i would think that the dead sea scrolls would list the angels in order when they were created, i could be wrong as i have nothing to really back that up, it just makes sense.

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/20/00 11:45:03 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: lilith = second angel
Im going to have to ask you Access to name your religious sourses, otherwise we will have to accept standard bible translations were Lilith does not even exist.

and just to show you that im not disagreeing with you simply for the sake of argument.

EoE Spoiler

your missing probly the most vital link to your entire argument.

In EoE after Rei has merged with Lilith and is begining to accend/Grow ect. Someone in the control centre says that there has been an A.T. Feild detected. Confusion of course arises and it is aked how that can be as all the Angels have been defeated, to which the reply is that this A.T.Feild is definitly HUMAN, then Lilith rises through the control centre.

This is probly the only evidence which could suggest that humans came from Lilith, but it askes more questions than it solves.

Is Lilith Human or an Angel?
Are humans just another type of Angel?
which would mean that Lilith is a different type of Angel to Adam- which to me would indicate that Adam is first (you could easliy and will no doubt turn that last sentance around to your favour) ((I am still clinging to my- their both first and both second theory))

Finally,
What does it mean if humans are infact nothign more than different angels?, the 18th in fact. (Are we collectively the 18th? what happens if we lose someone then? do we only become the 18th after third impact? ect.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/21/00 1:13:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: lilith = second angel
If we follow relgion Lillith nor Adam are Angels, but this is EVA. And since EVERYONE in the series interprets that Lillith and Adam are Angels, I see NO reason to say they are other wise. However they are certainly differnt from all the other angels. Saying all Angels come from Adam is a generalisation. Adam and Lillith (one theory) were created as one being and sepearated on the crash of 1st impact. So if the belief that angels are named in the order in which they were created cannot apply, because they were Basically created together, so that cannot be the order they are numbered in. Of if they ARE, Lillith and Adam are the exception to this rule, the choice of calling either one the first was descibed in the dead sea scrolls. And this is the numbered system that Seele believes. Well the quote I seem to be constantly repeating is what Seele said "All the angels born of Adam have now been destroyed, making humankind the last remaining Angel. The promised time has come - the time to place a soul in Lillith and clense this impure world". See so not all angels come from Adam. That was a generilsationm and I seem fond of making them, and people seem joy in picking up these genrilisations.

Now on to ATh's message;
ATh you know I cant name my relgious sources because I don't know where they are from. But either way it is ludricrous to go just on the bible as a source, because as you are well aware of many relhgious sources were used in EVA. And I really don't see the point in only refering to the bible where the apperances of Lillith dont occur. We all know Lillith existed in A relgion, probably in many. Other relgions used are the Kabbalah as you know and (I think) have studied. So why would make such a statement;
"....otherwise we will have to accept the standard bible translation were Lillith does not exist"

The fact that lillith DOES exist in EVA proves that we CANT use the bible as the only source. Just because I cant say where my source comes from does not justify the conclusion that "Lillith does not exist". You youself are the relgious researcher, im sure you know of the relgion where Lillith came from.

Now yes that is useful information. And many questions arise, but under the belief that the lillim came from Lillith the questions are answered.

Well "Are humans just another type of Angel?" Well yes they are. The lillim just ate from the tree of wisdom while the Angels ate from the tree of life. Lillim are angels with out form. Without the ability to use our AT Fields one could say we are not technically angels, which I believe. But as I have said many a times, we are technically not angels, we are just considered angels by Misato, Kaoru, Seele, and the RCB(I know dont say it). We are angels which came from lillith, not adam, thats why the other angels goals is to return to Adam while our aim is to return to Lillith.

About Lillith being an angel or not. She certainly is an angel, everybody consideres her to be, and she is not like any other normal creation, (I have never seen a dog or cat beable to merge with something or use an AT field. lol.) Lillith by use of relgious sources is NOT an angel, but as you constantly remind me this is EVA. Their is no evidence in EVA that she is NOT an angel. Yes she isa differnt type of Angel, just like adam is a differt type. Standing on the ground that both a 1st and 2nd is true enough under the belief that they were formed at the same time, but still the Dead Sea Scrolls HAS decreed that one is 1st and one is 2nd, I am trying to determin which is which. Thus the angels classification is not chronlogical or not at least until after the 1st and 2nd (since they are diffent to the other angels). The dead sea scrolls described the steps on how to capture Lillith, this was the first step which mankind had to take to achieve evolution. The first angel found by man and the first challenge that had to be accomplished. The angels by my oppion are grouped into the order in which they are implemeneted. You will argue of course that Lillith challenge was implmented at the end, but I believe that is Lillim's challenge still vbeing carried out.

About being grouped as the Lillim, mankind in general is the last challenge, Lillim is the name applied to us, whether we evolve or die, our race, is labeled the lillim. No relevance in mensioning if we are nothing more than differnt angels, because that is all wa are, with our goal to return to where we came from. Saying something such as when someone dies is also irrelevant, eg if 1 dog dies does the term Canine or Dog beceome less because of it. Or if dogs become extinct they will still be labeled dogs, nothing changes.
Access

fasad
EVA-Pilot
(4/21/00 11:36:00 pm)
just a point:
in episode 7: a human work, ritsuko akagi says, when refering to the second impact:

In the adv Dubbed Version:
".... the first angel was found in antarctica, and exploded for unknown reasons"
they aren't the exact words, but she definatly says "first angel".

Now from the Literal Translation:
"mankind found the first humanoid creature, called an Angel,in Antartica. In the middle of the investigation, for some unknown reason it exploded."

either way, i think you'll have to agree that she refers to adam as the first created. however, she is lieing at this point about the unknown reason, but i think we can trust her reference to adam as the first.

hmmm....

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/21/00 11:53:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: lilith = second angel
I only asked you to name texts as you often refer to these texts as a core to your argument, and then we just have to believe you cause we cant go and see what it says.

you also miss understood one of my questions, but i wont go back to that.

"Lillith does not exist". this is your conclusion, not mine, i was saying she does not exist in the bible and would be an anomoly in reference to Eva, another mystery.

Also i believe we are using our A.T. Feilds, but not like an angel or angel (where it provides physical protection), we use it to create our identities as seperate from others. Karou does indicate that we have these felids and are using them.

"You will argue of course that Lillith challenge was implmented at the end, but I believe that is Lillim's challenge still vbeing carried out. "- i dont understand what your trying to say here, what point your trying to make.

are you saying humans are the 18th angel as it our humans last challenge?

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/22/00 1:33:53 am)
Reply | Edit | Del First I wil answer 1st email.
".... the first angel was found in antarctica, and exploded for unknown reasons"
they aren't the exact words, but she definatly says "first angel".

Yes she does but notice who she is talking to. Only Ritsuko, Gendo and Fugitsu were the only memebrs of Nerv who are aware that Lilith was 1st everybody else thought Adam was on the cross. Remmeber when Kaji showed Misato Lillith, they though it was Adam, it was a huge conspiruscy revealed at the end by Kaoru that indeed the being on the cross was Lillith the 1st.

Edited by Access at: 4/22/00 1:33:53 am

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/22/00 11:06:13 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: First I wil answer 1st email.
"Also i believe we are using our A.T. Feilds, but not like an angel or angel (where it provides physical protection), we use it to create our identities as seperate from others. Karou does indicate that we have these felids and are using them."
That statement is ovbious, no need to mention that, you know what I ment, we cant use our AT fields to the extent of that of Angels. People love to pick up on my generilsations. And their was no need for the part at the start "I believ" it is nothing up to interpretation. If we didn't have AT fields we would fall to the ground and become LCL or at least primordial soup.

""You will argue of course that Lillith challenge was implmented at the end, but I believe that is Lillim's challenge still vbeing carried out. "- i dont understand what your trying to say here, what point your trying to make."
Well I am saying that the order in which the angels challenged mankind is the order they were numbered by the Dead Sea Scrolls, because it descibes the steps in which mankind had to follow to evolve. So the first challenge would be the 1st angel, and you have argued that Lilliths challenge happens at the end during EoE. Hoever I think that the first challenge mankind had to face was to find Lilllith in the Geofront, where she rested, the 2nd challenge was awakening Adam and causing 2nd impact (that was planned), then all the other angels, then tabris challeges mankind, causing Shinji to kill him because "only one life form could survive" Angels or Humans. Then Mankind's challenge, the last, it could be stated that the povety of society is the last challenge mankind must face, that is true, but I also believe that the poverty of society is personified into Shinji making him face the challenege and make the penultimate desion. You have stated this is Lillith challenging the lillim but I disagree. It is still the Lillims challenge being carried out.
Access

Edited by Access at: 4/22/00 11:06:13 am

fasad
EVA-Pilot
(4/22/00 3:24:59 pm)
access, i don't follow you arguement. when misato and kaji see the cross, she assumes it is adam, because she has no knowledge of lilith existing at this point. (could be wrong -haven't watched that ep again yet). kaji knows its not adam, and he tells her (he has adam in ep its not adam. (i think!!)
but none the less, whats on the cross doesn't matter - we can agree it was adam in antartica. and kaoru doesn't say that lilith was the first - just that it is the one on the cross.

i think adam = #1 and lilith = #2. they just had lilith first.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/22/00 5:29:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
And because Lillith was found first and his challenged mankind first, is the reason I think he is first, since Adam and Lillith most likely were created at the same time.
Access

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/23/00 2:06:44 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Ok I think all that is going to be stated has been about these topics. Pen2 seems to off fallen off the edge of the planet, so we seem to agree on that we disagree.

When I introduced a new topic, I didn't imagine that the two arguments would merge and become one big mess, well this next arguement might return us to this argument. But after this next topic I will turn to something completely differnt.

Now The Impact(s);

To my understanding their is two idea of what happend.
Here are some questions for you, were Adam and Lillith orginally one being?

Did they crash during 1st impact and seperate and go to differnt areas of the earth. This impact desytroyed the dinosaurs. Lillith went to the geofront while Adam went to antarctica. Is this what happend?

Or did they arrive on earth seperately?
Access

fasad
EVA-Pilot
(4/23/00 4:29:34 pm)

in ep7 the history book reads the first impact occured 4 billion years ago and created the moon. maybey the black egg/dark moon/geofront cavity was created at the same time, so i guess they arrived together. i agree that they were created at the same time, but i dont know if they were originaly the same being.

i think this is going to be a tough arguement, because it is not really discussed in the series!

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/24/00 12:06:53 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Bang numba one!
I beleive that the first impact was the great flood. it doesn't literally be an impact of something colliding with the earth as was proven by the third impact. An "Impact" is an earth altering event in which God's judgement is brought upon us or we become a God. It impacts us in a large way hence the name impact. I think that Lilith just came to earth sometime and ended up with Keel. In the Second impact Adam wanted his woman back so he came in with a bang. I don't think that they were the same being.

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/24/00 9:23:22 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Adam & Lilith
i don't know about Lilith being found first.

Second Impact happened in 2000, and they must have known Adam was there previously, or else why was SEELE there?

And in Ep.21 Fuyutski meets Gendo inside the Geo-front (which is still under construction)in 2003 now considering that the cavity was there previously, and the whole deal about the "Black Moon" there's a pretty strong case that lilith was found there (this was stated elsewhere i think)

so that, plus the whole folklore reference of Lilith being created after Adam, yet in the same way, puts my vote on Adam being First, Lilith second
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/24/00 9:31:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Adam & Lilith
oops that last comment came in a bit late (for some reason the last three comments didn't get displayed, oh well)

anyway about Adam & Lilith being the same being, i've got no idea. Lilith only shows up in Jewish folklore, and in the Bible somewhere as a Demon of the desert (?). So considering it's only folklore and there's no "official" version, it depends entirely on what version Hideaki Anno had his hands on. In some versions, yes, they were one being and were separated but in another (the one that works for me) Lilith was created "from the earth" in the same way as Adam

----"Gyaaa" -Penē

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/27/00 11:24:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Adam & Lilith
You brought up and interesting point which caused me to ponder over it for the last couple of says. How Lillith was found at the Geofront and the Geofront was found after 2nd Impact. But I believe Seele has known about Lillith for years and had her in their possesion. Just because the Geofront wasnt built doesnt mean that mankind had not known about the cavity or the fact Lillith is down their. They could of already captured her their. The Spear of Lognius is composed of cells from Lillith the spear was froged by Mankind. It is a human creation. Hence they must of had Lillith for a LONG LONG LONG time.
Access

Edited by Access at: 4/27/00 11:24:40 pm

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/28/00 11:11:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Impacts
It has been suggested that 1st Impact came about from when Lillith and Adam crash landed on earth. Wipeing out the dinosaurs. Or it could be just a metorite hit. But also the 2nd impact was considered just a metorite as well. Each impact involved an angel.. so why not the 1st impact as well.. the hypothisis I present is plausable. Also millions of metreoites and ice ages and solar winds and magnetic fields swaps have effected life GREATLY it seems odd and out of place to only say that the 1st Impact was ONLY a metorite.

This is what I have pieced together, comments anyone?

2nd Impact could of occured by the katsuragi team sent down by Seele to revive Lillith, Gendo and Seele knew it wasnt Lillith but the Katsragi team didn't. This was stated in the dead sea scrolls and this (purefication of mankind) had to occur as a sacrifice to claim adam as one of the steps of evolution. The spear created from material from that of Lillith was placed inside of Adam. Adam thought this was the time of 3rd Impact, was kind of like a reaction when a piece of Lillith is placed inside Adam, however all was not their... Lillith was needed and another body.

Adam had no power over the Lillim without the help of Lillith (because Mankind came from lillith and only see could cause us to evolve. - hehheh) So instead of people exploding into LCL it generated too much heat and enrgy and melted the icecaps. Thats when Adam generatd heat, light and all forms of energy becoming A bright White colour then shot up to the sky spreading its wings/arms over antarctca. Everybody knows the result of this.

Any comments, on my conclusion on the 1st and 2nd Impacts?
Access

Edited by Access at: 4/28/00 11:11:40 am

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(4/28/00 3:58:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Cavity
In the Redone tape 11, (there is extra diologue in the scene where Fuy and G are descending down in the lift into the Geofront ,(in the flashback part)), it is mentioned by G to Fuyu that the Geofront cavity is just like the crater under the antarctic. This implies that 1st impact was an incident like the second, occuring in the past where Tokyo 3 now stands.

Nice theorey Access, but is there evidense the spear is part of Lillith? Also in redone tape 11 there is more on the Antarctic incident with people yeling stuff like "take the Lance Back out!' This adds weight to the argument.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/28/00 9:52:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Cavity
Yeah I have read all those scripts to.

Yeah well first thing in EoE the clone lances bubble and stuff near the end like Lilliths legs, this is not proof but it does prove the lances are alive and organic. Now in D:R (I think) When they show scenes of 2nd Impact, it says now a part of Lillith is in Adam. When the lance was put in.

Also someone says in D:R or EoE that each impact was a phase for Lillith. Sorry VERY rough quotes. I will get the actually sources sometime.

By the looks of things this "It is Upon Us" is a flop, most of the people invited didn't like the questions I put across. So this will be my last post in this, I still would like to finish up this topic though. So I now invite ALL members to join if they have any problems with this Info. Thanks.
Access

Gohan
NERV-Technician
(4/29/00 6:36:21 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: You betta admit fool!
Sorry to break a rule Cap but I just had to reply after being blown away by the eva and pschyological knowlege u guys know.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/29/00 7:03:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: i know what you mean gohan
yeah i know what you mean Gohan, I am still literally dozens of posts behind, trying to keep up with you guys

You guys really know your stuff.. admittingly i have only watched Evangelion twice and that was the 2 airings we had on SBS last year...

I enjoy reading all of your discussions guys...

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/30/00 1:15:02 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Cavity
i don't know by what you mean it was a flop Access, there were a lot of differences of opinion but that makes good discussion. (sort of like Plato through the character of Socrates- he puts up a lot of questions but never really comes to a final answer).

I think both questions are still very much open and probly will always be, but for now i think weve exhuasted our resources on this topic.

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/30/00 4:37:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Topic
Well Actually ATh, I noticed have exhausted these topics, and well....ummm..... This is my point, "It is Upon Us" failed because well.... you hadn't even noticed we moved onto a new topic. lol.
Access