eva2000
Administrator

Question

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/15/00 5:17:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All
Lillith legs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres a question.

It says in D:R by a scientist that the lance is being shipped in from the Geofront. This was before 2nd Impact. They then continued to use the Lance on Adam. Then the Lance was returned to the Geofront in about ep 5 or 6 by Gendo and Fugitsu at Antartica. Rei in Unit-00 then proceeded by putting the Lance in Lillith. Well if this is the case, the lance was not used for at least 15 years, it remained at Antartica... so what prvented Lilliths Legs from growning back, before this time.....
Access

Ura
NERV-Technician
(5/15/00 8:02:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Lillith legs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps it is the immense ammount of LCL that is being syphoned from her for the Entry plugs. The processing Plant is huge and the lake around the cross was full of it. Also Adam was in an embryo state after 15 years so it probably takes a really long time to regenerate. Yes I know Adam was almost totally destroyed in 2nd Impact

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/15/00 11:13:11 pm)
Ura

thats what i thought to begin with but in D&R (which i just saw about 4 hours ago)
As soon as Rei removes the Lance, Lilith swells up and sprouts thick stocky legs.

So the question may be where was Lilith for the past 15 years, she had to be some where as 01 was cloned from her. (but this very question appies to Adam as well)
The only alternative explianation that seems plausable is that after 2nd impact, someone went down south and picked up Adam and the Lance

and maybe even Misato along the way (it would have been a migthly long swim to the nearest dry land)

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(5/16/00 11:24:27 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Wott!!!! I got no legs, what's up with that?
First of all Lilith was most likely already in the Geofront the whole time. That's why it is sometimes referred to as "Lilith's egg". Also Nerv most likely just kept cutting off Lilith's legs as they grew back cuz a) it would keep her from going anywhere and b) that way LCL would drip down into the pool. She is their one and only scource of LCL. Have you ever tried to mix your own LCL in chemistry class? It's hard!!!!! *j/k* Once the Lance was stuck in her they had no need to chop them off time after time. And I partially agree with A T H that somebody picked up Adam and the Lance except for the fact that in Episode 12 you see Gendo and Fuyutski(I can never spell that old fart's name) on that ship in the south pole and you see a long object strapped to the boat. That was most likely the Lance(what else could it be?) Sure they could of picked up Adam and Misato after the impact though. It would be a long swim, especially for an injured 14 year old girl in Icy cold arctic waters. Not my idea of fun. That's brisk baby!

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/16/00 11:48:41 pm)
Possible,
but just cutting off her legs would not be my idea of a fun job, they grow back almost instantaneously and are pretty thick. Also with the Lance in her, she has sprouted legs, but none that could really do her benifit.

Also, it seems the A.T.Feild does more than just protect,
it seems it also allows flight (Rei ep24).

Lilith does have an A.T. Feild

My inductive reasoning tells me this

The Lance was not put in to stop her growing (that was just a by product) the Lance was there to stop her leaving by neutralising her A.T.Field.

I also still believe Liliths soul is the soul that grew in Rei. Thus even after the Lance was removed she remained on the cross as her soul, her life was busy elsewhere.
It is only once Rei returns to Lilith that Lilith becomes active. So Rei is Liliths core, just as she is a false core for the Eva series

ATh

Covax
NERV-Technician
(5/17/00 5:19:08 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Lillith's Soul / Rei
Which would make some sense of the 16th(?) angel trying to merge with her I guess. Also adds another layer of confusion as to why Unit-00 went nuts. Rejecting potentianl assimilation mabee?

Ura
NERV-Technician
(5/19/00 3:02:35 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Lillith's Soul / Rei
But also remember that there are multiple Lances as eva series in EOE carried one, (the shield which turned into the Lance) They might have been recreated from the original but how? I think lilith was already in the Geo front as the original Unit 0 (failed one) had the same number of eyes as Lilith as opposed to adams one...

Covax
NERV-Technician
(5/20/00 1:34:00 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Lance
Perhaps it's not the material of the lance, but it's shape, the weapons that the EVA's were carrying did seem able to "morph" (when they streched out to crusify EVA-01).

Up close fighting they didn't need the Longius/Helix shape because the AT feilds would counter, but when the weapon was thrown from a distance it assumed the best shape.

Of coruse that begs the question as to why they didn't make Longinus shaped bullets to fight the Angels but how much fun would that be?

Fuystski: The 14 Angel has invaded Terminal Dogma!
Misato: No problem (pulls out a .357 and shoot the Angel in the head)
Kaji: Cool! Drinks for everybody! Sorry kids you can't have any.
Shinji: Awwww...