eva2000
Administrator

Question

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/21/00 6:03:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All
3rd Impact Good or Bad?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is third impact really a good or bad thing.... should mankind evolve. Mankind at the moment could be discribed as evil... with all the hunger, wars and violence. The earth has been functioning for millions of years and because of Mankind the WHOLE planet is threatend. If man doesnt involve or improve would it just die out... so is death or evolve to the next step the only two options availible.

Is it good for mankind to evole without everybodys permission. Should we all be annaninismiss (whatever) most people dream to be someone else or think about being someone else... is it a natural idea?? Would you prefer 3rd Impact having the thoughts of the world in one mind... would this be more enjoyable... or would this remove all feelings and emotions of the being. It is said that 3rd impact would remove Pain and suffering, buit would it remove all the attributes which define us as human, such as love and hatred. Would we no longer have the concept, and would we exist for the pure fact TO exists. At the moment many of us purpose for living is two get as much satisfaction from the life we have.... this may include wealth, power, love, happiness, fun, sex.... whatever so if theird impact took place what would justify our own existance. Would all these emotions and concepts be gone.

This is a very tough question without a right or wrong answer I was just wondering what some of your oppions were... is it good or bad, and will we continue to have the same feelings we had as a seperate being.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/21/00 11:18:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: 3rd Impact Good or Bad?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally i think it is good, if not nessessary.
But what you define as making us human may not be what others thik is what defines us as human.

SEELE wished it to be and Gendo/Yui had something along similar lines in mind, either way it was seen as being an improvement upon the current condition.

Asuka and Shinji and Rei(?) were lead to believe that 3rd impact would be a terrible thing, but then Shinji was given the final choise.

In the Tv ending Misato did not seem too pleased with the idea, and asks the same question- by saying who made you humanities overseer.

As for what would justify our existance after, well existance itself would, all of lifes other goals are nothing more than attempts to fill that which is missing. With that filled existance itself would be meaningful beyound conception. (many meditational religions will say something similar, that existance itself is joy)

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(5/22/00 1:49:07 am)
Reply | Edit | Del 3rd Impact Good and Bad!
I personally think it is a bad thing while at the same time good. An existence without pain and problems we cannot imagine. One of the things that makes us human is the ability to change the world. If we evolve sure we can do no more harm but no more good either. We would be happy because it would be a personal heaven for everybody but that race to evolve humanity was never about "the people" anyways. It was about wanting to be a God. The reason behind it was selfish. Shinji realized that an existence without pain would also mean one without pleasure and thus at least tried to break away from the impact.

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/22/00 4:33:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: 3rd Impact Good and Bad!
Yes their are many personeptions of what makes us human. But really what characterises us as human? In a way I think by merging we would lose what would make us human. We may have all this knowedge but no where to apply it, the scaring thing would be we woundlt even care or think about such things.... I dont even think that 3rd Impact could be called iternal bliss, or a Utopia. I think it would be more like a mentalaly challenged person. We would all be happy because of the pure knowedge that we exists... and as we are right now only Mentally challenged people can see the pleasure of life, Juts by the existance and continuation of Life. (Generalising I realise many Mentallly Challenged people long for death and weep of pain and lost loved ones).
Access

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(5/22/00 6:32:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del But Anyway....
Human completion was sposed to cram us all into 1. Fill the gaps, the hole that we all have.
Join us again as we once were joined in the (collective conciousness)* of the primordial soup.
Isn't this what 3rd impact is all about?

*I like this phrase

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/23/00 5:26:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: But Anyway....
Yes Complementation and 3rd Impact are basically the same thing.
Access

Keroppilee
EVA-Pilot
(5/26/00 6:36:01 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: 3rd Impact Good or Bad?
Didn't third impact fail to complete when shinji and eva-01 bail out. Lillith died and spilled out all the souls of man from her body.

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/26/00 3:04:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: 3rd Impact Good or Bad?
Nothing is clearly set in stone it is up to intepretation... I personally do not have an oppion as of what the final outcome is in EVA.
Access