Old 12-03-2002, 01:34 PM   #16   [permalink]
YellerCrakka
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to YellerCrakka
“Looks like you and I are headed to the Palace Hall then, my large, smelly companion.” Seth said with seemingly cockyness in his voice.

Owen grumbled a bit as he followed in Seth's direction. He wanted to keep a conversation going but didn't know what to talk about. That usually didn't stop him before, expecially when he's around Aaron, but Seth seemed to act too sure about things and Owen found that slightly disturbing. He decided to swallow hard and let the constant stream of tapping take over.

tap... tap... tap.. tap.. tap. tap tap tap tap. tap.. tap tap.. tap... tap... tap

Another grumble came out of Owen, but this time a reflex to the sound. I guess I could get to know the lad a bit better, since he seems to want to do nothing but good

"So... eh... Seth. We never got much time to speak. I know yer a knight and that you have a constant flow of good fortune and influence... but that's about it." Owen paused to see if Seth would pick up that he wanted to get to know him a little more personally. "I mean we seem to be on the same side an all... what made you come to Palas? and ...While I'm at it might as well get my questions anwsered... What happened to make Zaibach attack?"

He allowed a little longer of a pause... and cleared his throat quietly to signal it was Seth's turn.
YellerCrakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:45 PM   #17   [permalink]
Hitomi_333
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Hitomi_333
(ooc: *whistles* Still waiting there, I don't feel like posting, nor do I know how to write for the Duke and King in this situation... I'll just wait for either Nair to post for them, or Seth to get there.... okay? heh... /ooc)
Hitomi_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:57 PM   #18   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
Regarding Kamakura Thread:
(((OOC: If you've got nothing but complaints to do, please do that on PM. If you can't post anything don't force yourself. I don't have a problem with that. It only makes me MORE irritated when you do something against your will and post a page full of OOC comments of how the rpg sucks because you can't participate and you're not really doing anything to participate. Hit the PM message and talk to me. Don't convert the thread into a flame war.

One more thing, if you're going to bash the RPG, don't do it indirectly. If you've got something to b itch and moan about TALK DIRECTLY TO ME. Don't give me the run around.)))
Old 12-03-2002, 04:02 PM   #19   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kayay
Through another nondescript hall of white stone they passed. Gwyn is in he Palace Hall. That's nice to know, but the only question now is just where is the palace hall? Seth stopped by yet another ornately carved wooden doorway and looked around with a frown.

"You sure are full of questions suddenly," he remarked in response to Owen's inquires.

He looked around in hopes of catching the attention of another palace servant, unfortunately, there were none in site. Freid's palace seems to be laid out in a manner similar to Palas, so.. with a shrug, he headed down another well sunlit corridor.

"Why did I come to Palas? For the same reason as most, I imagine; I was looking for new opportunities and a new start." And I had no where else to go, he added the unspoken thought.

The afternoon sunlight greeted the pair as they walked out into a small but beautifully decorated courtyard. The soft, sweet sound of temple chimes and soothing splash of water from a modest fountain gave the area a relaxing atmosphere; unfortunately, they had no time to enjoy the tranquility of the garden. Seth spotted a shaded doorway across the way and headed towards it.

"As for why Zaibach attacked," he continued, "I believe I know the reason, but I cannot tell you anymore than that they were after something of importance. In fact, I suspect it is all linked to Escaflowne. I'm sorry I cant tell you any more, but I gave my word."

Seth caught sight of a chamber maid and quickened his pace to intercept her, in hopes of getting some directions to the Palace Hall.

- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
- Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
Kayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 04:52 PM   #20   [permalink]
YellerCrakka
Forum Elite

"I was looking for new opportunities and a new start." He said as if he was trying to focus his thoughts on something else. "As for why Zaibach attacked, I believe I know the reason, but I cannot tell you anymore than that they were after something of importance. In fact, I suspect it is all linked to Escaflowne. I'm sorry I cant tell you any more, but I gave my word." He continued to look around as they passed through a small courtyard.

"You know where we're going?" Owen said with a bit of a suprised look on his face, "Errrm... well yeah. I guessed they may have had something in their sites... could it've been the maid?" Upon asking the question Owen realized she looked vaguely fimilair. He pictured her as Seth placed her fradgile body in his arms... and he remembered her face. He's not quite sure from where... but she had this fimilarity about herself. With a slight blush and a quick shake of his head he dismissed those thoughts.

"Why do I think I've seen her before boarding the Levi-ship?" he sort of felt embarassed to ask, though he had a tendancy to speak before realizing it. He then waited for an anwser... and realized what Seth said earlier... Escaflowne? but isn't Aaron looking for that thing... erm... to find his brother? Why would Zaibach be after it? Aaron did mention he was from Zaibach... So his brother must be as well... wait... is that the other one? er.... lost in deep thought Seth was already replying to his question though he had not caught a single word of it. Wait!!! That strange mech... the red one... that slightly resembled Castor... could that pilot be his Brother????

"HEY! And that red melef who picked her up!!!! WHO IS HE?" he interrupted Seths speech with his outburst. Owen seemed enraged.. but proud that he may have found a connection. He Smiled but still pressed to get an anwser.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:16 PM   #21   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

"Actually, I have no idea where I'm going," he admitted. Seth tapped the chamber maid on the shoulder and proceeded to ask her about the exact location of the Palace Hall while Owen continued his own steady stream of questions. "Thank you miss," he smiled and bowed slightly to the girl. She giggled and hurried on her way.

"HEY! And that red melef who picked her up!!!! WHO IS HE?" Owen suddenly exclaimed.

Seth looked at the man with amused admiration. "You're smarter than you look, Owen," he grinned, but the smile disappeared as he considered what the big man's words. "It would explain why their guymelefs look so much alike, but his fighting style is different from Aaron's, and the red melef pilot was good - very good - I'll give him that much."

Seth looked down the hallway and led the way down the stone walled passage. "She said the Palace Hall was this way." After a few moments of silence he added, " It seems you know as little about your friend as I, and I find it odd that two such different people became traveling companions. "

- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:46 PM   #22   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

He could recall how he looked at him the first time they met. Golden and ruby eyes staring right at him behind a blood soaked mask. He moved like a sloth and slithered out of blood colored yolk beneath the rustling bushes. It was summer. The leaves swirled in the air like confetti. Own quickly rushed to his aid and held on to a boy of 18 years whose features look as if he had been beaten by gigantic leeches that left huge circular marks all over his body. The boy breathed heavily and opened his eyes momentarily. He struggled a bit but collapsed into unconsciousness.

Even then, he was stubborn. That night after he had been taken care of, he looked almost as if he was a mummy due to the amount of bandages Owen had used to wrap around his body to cover the boy’s wounds. He poked the fire all night, contemplating. This stranger barely spoke and glared back at him with blank, dead eyes.

Behind the rustling bushes was an ancient giant. Owen’s heart skipped a bit the first time he saw it. The boy called him ‘Castor.’ Owen noted how Castor was one of the Gemini twins and started off to retell the legend of twin heroes called the Dioscuri; Castor was the son of Leda and Tyndareus, Pollux the son of Leda and Zeus. They were brothers to Helen and Clytemnestra. Castor excelled as a horseman and Pollux as a boxer. They were great warriors and were noted for their devotion to each other. In one version of the legend, after Castor was killed by Lynceus, Pollux, in accordance with the classical tradition that one of every set of twins is the son of a god and thus immortal, begged Zeus to allow his brother to share his immortality with him. Zeus arranged for the twins to divide their time evenly between Hades and Heaven, and in their honor he created the constellation Gemini. According to another legend, Idas killed Castor.

This seemed to have caught the boy’s attention and had finally named himself to be Aaron.

“Aaron?” Owen waited for the family name though all that came was a blank stare from the boy.

“That’s all I could remember…” The boy proceeded to tell the tale of his long lost brother and his efforts in searching him. “Escaflowne is the key to find my brother.”

“How can you tell?”

The boy stopped poking the fire and stared out into space. “I don’t remember anything about my past. All I know is that I have a brother. When I woke up from the grave, all I had for clues were old pieces of documents. They had details that described another individual, my brother.” He didn’t want to continue and he never did mention his brother’s name, how he looked like…

The Gemini seeks the path of the dragon. To the north lies a city of illusions overlooking the sea. There lie the shards of the past that will lead you back to your memories…

The day after, Owen realized that the wounds were caused by ‘castor.’ He witnessed how the melef attached tubes and contraptions all over Aaron’s body. Aaron couldn’t handle it back then, not like he did now. Nowadays, that horrible sequence was the norm for him. He almost seemed like a son it seems since Owen had watched him grow all through these years.

He didn’t know how long he had been talking or how much he had said. All that was left now was a dark purple haired stranger who appeared to have listened to every word that he had just said.

"That boy..." He shrugged, trying to hide his embarrassment in his sudden show of affection.
Nairohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2002, 04:22 AM   #23   [permalink]
EvaRobby
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to EvaRobby Send a message via MSN to EvaRobby
Soon after falling asleep Touji awoke with sunlight pouring onto his face and his clothes covered in dirt, he got up and continued to wander again, while brushing dirt off his clothes.
After escaping from the field of grain, he spotted something in the distance, it looked a lot like what he imagined a medieval city would look like from what he could see, but that wasn't the only thing that struck him as odd, there were giant knights standing at the front and there was something else about the town itself, that seemed wrong, but he decided he needed to go somewhere so he continued on towards the city

Last edited by EvaRobby; 13-03-2002 at 04:23 AM.
EvaRobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2002, 05:51 AM   #24   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Seth listened intently to Owen’s story. Bits and pieces of what the knight had witness began to make sense, and he realized that the strange wounds he had noticed on the young man after the battle in Palas must have some from his guymelef, Castor.

The Gemini seeks the path of the dragon. To the north lies a city of illusions overlooking the sea. There lie the shards of the past that will lead you back to your memories…

The Gemini was Aaron, the dragon had to be Escaflowne, and the city of illusion was Palas; the knight knew that was why Aaron had not questioned Terin's claim to look for Drydan's journal , and Seth, there.

Seth smiled at the older man’s show of affection when he finished his tale. “You obviously care very much for your friend, and despite the fact that he does not openly show it, nor is he willing to admit it even to himself, I believe the feeling is mutual.” They paused by a set of beautifully carved wooden panels inlaid with mother-of-pearl. “Its important to watch out for the people who matter in your life.” His eyes clouded over as he stared at the ornate panel and thought back to years ago. “I’ve done a lot of things I’m not proud of, but I’ve always kept my word, and I promised to help you two.” He blinked to clear his head and turned back to Owen, his smile back. “Besides, I’ve got this terrible habit of not being able to stand by when trouble rears its head. Although, I really should learn to break that habit, as it will most likely be the death of me,” he added only half in jest. “So one way or another, Owen, we’ll free your friend, find his brother, and then it’s happily ever after, right?” he finished with a grin.

Old 13-03-2002, 03:39 PM   #25   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

The Duke and King walked in silence for a few minutes. They steps echoing upon the polished stone floor of the narrow passageway.

“Airien, my friend,” began the Duke, ”Asturia, Fried, and Fanelia have been allies since the Great War over 100 years ago and the deeds of Van de Fanel , and now, we must depend upon the strength of that allegiance now more than ever.” The man paused, hands clasped behind him, and faced the King.

Airien took a deep breath. “If Escaflowne is still on the Mystic Moon, as Fanelia believes, we have to get to it before Zaibach does. It may be our best hope at stopping this maddness. We need to use the pillar machine.”

The Duke glanced over at the Knights of Caeli, who remained standing at attention across the palace hall. King Airien had mentioned the possibilities of spies in Asturia, and there was no assurance that Freid was safe from their prying eyes and ears either.

“But the machine is not fully operational. While the key to the power locked beneath the Fortuna temple was lost, the power remains there. We were able to harness a small fragment of that power, utilizing the latest technology, but it is still unstable,” he said in a near whisper. “There must be more testing before we can risk sending an expedition to the Mystic Moon.”

“But now that Zaibach has possession of Shezernade’s energist we must act more quickly than ever,” countered Airien, the concern evident in his voice. “We must try.” He stopped in the shadow of a grand bronze Buddist statue, and looked up into its cold empty eyes. “We must try,” he repeated wearily.

(((OOC: posty brought to you by Kayay. oh, and shameless plug... go here for more info on the esca rpg.. under construction but good enough anyhoo... http://www.nairohe.com/escaflowne

by the way, i'm going to allow people to play 2 characters... who would like to play a dragon slayer? dun dun duuuun... and more character applications will be passed out soon.)))
Old 13-03-2002, 04:28 PM   #26   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

((OOC: short post cause I don't feel like getting very descriptive. Gomen.))

After what felt like hours of wandering Seth and Owen stepped into main hall of the palace. Flanking the entrance and the impressive bronze statues that lined the hall stood several turbaned guards and servants; King Airen and Duke of Freid, meanwhile, stood at the other end of the immense room, engaged in deep discussion. Closer to the entrance, the Knights of Caeli were gathered, Sir Ixion pacing nearby, a stern look on his face. Seth spotted Gwyndolin and walked towards the group with Owen by his side, hoping to talk to her in private.

Old 13-03-2002, 04:33 PM   #27   [permalink]
Hitomi_333
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Hitomi_333
OOC: I thought the Duke and King were wandering the halls talking...

IC: Gwyndolin heard footsteps on the other side of the door, and soon it opened. "Hopefully that's the servants to show us to our rooms... I don't want to be stuck in here with HIM much longer," she thought.

"Seth?" she asked in surprise as he walked toward her. She had no idea before if he had even survived, but here he was entering the Royal Chamber with.... 'That knight,' she thought nearly scowling. 'The one who tried to prevent us from doing our duty... He survived too?'

OOC: heh.. short post here too.
Hitomi_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2002, 02:36 AM   #28   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Aaron was kept in one of Freid’s underground cells. His body was numb from pain. He was dragged across stairs, hallways, and torches by two Freidian guards who walked with him, one on either side. Two more were in front and one followed behind. Sunshine splashed like an explosion on his face as they slowly approached the upper levels that lead outside. Aaron was half conscious and felt as if he had just been transported into an oriental wonderland of sorts. Buddhas and intricate designs adorned the walls of the hallways. Statues grew luminous as sunshine caressed them.

The soldiers paused in front of a huge, intricately decorated gate that leads to the Palace hall where the king and several other individuals were supposed to be. One guard walked forward to call forth the king. The two guards holding Aaron simply let him limp from their arms.

(((OOC: feeling tired, uninspired and angry at the moment... I promise i'll do better...)))
Old 14-03-2002, 06:17 AM   #29   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

“Lady Gwyndolin,” Seth began as he walked over to the Knight of Caeli, “we need to talk.” He noticed how she eyed Owen beside him and recalled how the first meeting between the two was less than ideal. “Do you remember the two ‘knights’ I brought with me onto Shezernade’s Vale? This man here is one of those two men, but the other is in some serious trouble, and I was hoping I could trust you to… “ Seth didn’t get the chance to finish as he was interrupted by the arrival of two palace guards and their prisoner.

“My Duke, King Airien,” announced a guard. He strode to the center of the room and knelt on one knee, head bowed, “the Zaibach spy has been brought for questioning as requested.”

He sensed Owen tense besides him and out of the corner of his eye saw him grip the blade of his sword as Aaron was brought in, hanging limply in the grasp of the two Freidian guardsmen that flanked him. Seth muttered a string of curses mentally as he noted how they had still seen to his injures.

The two turbaned men continued with their prisoner down the carpeted aisle and stopped behind the first guard. Duke Mahad and the Asturian King moved forward to confront spy.

Old 14-03-2002, 02:39 PM   #30   [permalink]
YellerCrakka
Forum Elite

The female knight they had confronted earlier... Seth had finally found her. Owen had to prepare himself for his long-awaited plan to fall into action. If she had declined Seth's offer, whatever it may be, Owen was prepared to dash back to the prison... assuming he could remember where it was, and fight Aaron out. The female knight just eyeballed Owen with a bit of discust... but Owen was used to such looks, so he remained motionless and wordless. She seemed as if she had wanted to say something but either didn't know what, or didn't want to say it in present company.

As Owen worked up some form of silent rage... the begining of the two knight's conversation was stopped with the entrance of a gaurd into the hall.

“...the Zaibach spy has been brought for questioning as requested.”

A flame worked it's way down Owen's body and back up to his head. His thoughts were clouded... in his rage he has no consious... no cares of reprocussion or concequence.

The gaurd bowed and a corpse of a prisoner was dragged in.

Looking through Seth... Owen had turned a hue of red and began mumbeling as his head had quickly turned from the control of the central nervous system and the place where logic and reason preside... to nothing more than a useless flap of skin that allowed him to see and hear. He slowly reached up over his right shoulder and grasped the massive chunk of metal attached to his back by the handle.

Aaron was released to gravity and his body fell limp on the floor. A hint of life was detected as he dragged his loose arms under him and supported some weight on them. He rolled to his side to push himself up and for that moment... something happened. He looked Owen's way... and as if he had proclaimed himself to be perfectly fine... Owen stopped. He stopped in the motion with his left arm to unsnap the clips that held the monolith of a sword to his back. It had fealt as if someone had attached a spiggit to His head and drained all the anger he had built up.

Motionless yet again, Owen allowed fate to control him. He still held his sword... just in case.