Old 03-11-2003, 06:32 PM   #1   [permalink]
ryushe
Executive Member

Final Final Fantasy ???

I was just wondering what you all think the last Final Fantasy will stop at so it can finally be final *ahem*
Anyway i'm shooting for at least Final Fantasy 15, because sqaure has did alot of FF and IMO it starting to show, so maybe 15 will be the last of this never ending story.
ryushe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 06:43 PM   #2   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

I don't really see signs of them slowing down. Even if they borrow some elements from previous games in the series. You can only invent a new game concept so many times before they are all used up. And when the games start to get stale, they can always hire fresh minds to write story, design graphics, or compose music (like they did for the FFX-2 soundtrack, after using Nobuo for so long).

They are already up to 11 games sequentially, then also a sequel to FF-X, so I definitely think they will pour out more than 3 more. Who wants to bet they will probably someday update the 3D graphics from an older FF game like Tactics to modern 3D for PS2 or something?
raynebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:23 AM   #3   [permalink]
warlock
Executive Member

There are probably going to be more Final fantasy to come!!
warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:31 AM   #4   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
The answer to this is simple, two possibilities:

If the Final Fantasy franchise becomes unprofitable

If there isn't anyone around to make FF games anymore and the rights go to some party who doesn't wan't to sell.

Sure it will take another 10-20 years but lets hold out for thirty!

Final Fantasy XXX

Last edited by MrBS; 11-11-2003 at 09:32 AM.
MrBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 12:51 PM   #5   [permalink]
Millions
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Millions Send a message via AIM to Millions
The great thing about Final Fantasy is that isn't a single game with dozens of sequels that gets boring time and time again. It's just a name. An identifiable name associated with awesome RPGs. It will be around for a very long while until Square is acquired by Disney and Michael Eysner deems FF games unsuitable for his plot of world domination.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:22 PM   #6   [permalink]
Nulani
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Nulani Send a message via AIM to Nulani Send a message via MSN to Nulani Send a message via Yahoo to Nulani
I'm willingly to believe they are approaching the end with Final Fantasy XI. It's a mmorpg, and those are fairly dynamic and a source of constant income.

But that's just my opinion, they'll probably keep on making them untill the end of time.
Nulani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:26 PM   #7   [permalink]
ryushe
Executive Member

Quote:
I'm willingly to believe they are approaching the end with Final Fantasy XI. It's a mmorpg, and those are fairly dynamic and a source of constant income.
Exactly

I'm just saying that Square has made a lot of Final Fantasy's and IMO there starting to go downhill (FFVIII-FFX) to me I haven't enjoyed a FF since FFVII and the rest up was crap (not really FFIX).Could you all truthfully say that if FF is going to continue the same path it's own you will still buy them. So lets just hope that FF11 does good, cuz if it don't not even a pheonix down could help them out But hey i'm still going to by FFX-2.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:39 PM   #8   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
Your opinion ryushe. I've got no problem saying FFX is my favourite of the series.
MrBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:08 PM   #9   [permalink]
Millions
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Millions Send a message via AIM to Millions
Seriously, we will not see the end of the FF series for a long time...mainly due to the fact that it is not a series.

It's a name brand we've come to associate with great games. Just look at the FF stuff that have come out (and still comming out):: FFX, FFTA, FF11, FF Crystal Chronicals, FF:Advent Children, FF12 (already in development)....they're all recent and all of those are selling millions of copies and are all really great games!

If anything I think we'll just see the FF series lose its numbered system, as it's starting to already. I mean, FF20 does sound a little desperate...so it seems to me they'd go the route of still using the FF title but just start naming the games rather then numbering them
Old 12-11-2003, 09:49 PM   #10   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

Don't forget they made an anime series (Final Fantasy: Unlimited)
Old 13-11-2003, 04:45 PM   #11   [permalink]
ryushe
Executive Member

Which was crappy IMO.
Old 28-11-2003, 12:14 AM   #12   [permalink]
Malice

im thinking there will call it quits at 20 games (more hoping than thinking) has anyone played the remake of FF6 that was awsom i hope they do it to all the FF games (re make them with betta braphics i mean)
Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2003, 06:22 AM   #13   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

If they re release FF 7,8 and 9 for PS2 with sharper graphics, new stuff, they probably could get all of them to fit onto a single DVD, but there's no way they'd do that, they'd release each one seperate for $30 a piece.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:41 PM   #14   [permalink]
sidewinder
Forum Addicted

As long as they make room for the FF i'm writing up, and a couple of Tactics sequels, then i'll be happy

vBulletin Message:
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2004, 01:41 AM   #15   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
I guessing that this isn't true since I can't trust the source (A post from another message board) but I read that Final Fantasy 12 will be the last Final Fantasy Game. After that Square-Enix will start a new series under a new name. I suppose since Square are Rich Buggers they can drop the "Final" from Final Fantasy.