Old 20-08-2002, 07:03 PM   #61   [permalink]
Sara MacD

I don't think it will for a long, long time unless people start posting more here.
Sara MacD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2002, 08:17 PM   #62   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
Quote:
Says raymojo:
It sill hasn't been changed yet...
Eva never claimed it would happen, and I don't speak for him. He decides which forums are created. We can only suggest reasons why and show support.
Drizzten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2002, 09:01 PM   #63   [permalink]
crystalle

*sigh* which means that it'll never happen now...
crystalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2002, 02:41 PM   #64   [permalink]
raymojo
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Drizzten

Eva never claimed it would happen, and I don't speak for him. He decides which forums are created. We can only suggest reasons why and show support.
But perhaps we could get some indication from him on whether or not it will happen.
Just a simple yes, or no would be appreciated. As it stands now we know nothing on the matter.
raymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2002, 09:43 PM   #65   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
I will join the many in supporting a Miyazaki/SG forum.

Normally whenver I commit myself to a democratic ideal, the result NEVER goes in my favour. But here's hoping eva2k will see the potential, and the popularity, of such a great idea such as this.
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2002, 11:47 PM   #66   [permalink]
Icantpickascreename
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Icantpickascreename
Thumbs up Osamu

A popularity over one great artist? Why not have a forum about all the great artists. Maybe we should have a forum deditcated to Osamu Tezuka. After all, he was the one who created Japanese Manga (not really) which later developed into Japanese Animation.
Old 24-08-2002, 02:33 AM   #67   [permalink]
raymojo
Forum Junkie

Re: Osamu

Quote:
Originally posted by Icantpickascreename
A popularity over one great artist? Why not have a forum about all the great artists. Maybe we should have a forum deditcated to Osamu Tezuka. After all, he was the one who created Japanese Manga (not really) which later developed into Japanese Animation.
If you can garner enough support from other forum-goers, then that's a great idea.

It's also an issue of whether there is enough material to talk about, and with SG/Miyazaki there is plenty.

But still, we all await a response from someone who can say either, yes, no, or even maybe. Currently we have not gotten a response on the matter.
raymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2002, 07:53 PM   #68   [permalink]
Miss_Misato
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Miss_Misato Send a message via Yahoo to Miss_Misato
Even though I've already shown my enthusiasm, it's been a few months. C'mon Eva, just showing that this topic has been on the first page for this long should be a sign that this forum is needed
Miss_Misato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2002, 02:31 AM   #69   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Is this debate still alive? I also agree. We need a Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki Forum! How can it NOT exist? Just a simple change from "Princess Mononoke" to "Princess Mononoke/Studio Ghibli".

Just look at the recent activity in the On Your Mark, Laputa, Spirited Away, and The Cat Returns threads. There's just such a multitude of Ghibli work that needs its own place to be discussed. Grouping Ghibli work together makes it easier for fans of one movie, who may be totally unfamiliar with Ghibli's other work, to recognize and get exposure to it. I mean do most people who loved Princess Mononoke have any idea what The Cat Returns is? I think not. Otherwise, who's gonna notice these similar threads in the general forum unless they already know what it is? It needs its own place or it'll get drowned. And nobody hangs out in the Anime Movies/DVD forum so we need more! (Ok ok, sure people post there and all...) Oh and there's also the issue that most of Ghibli's stuff isn't even available on DVD!

And as for the "if we get a Ghibli forum then we need a GAINAX and Sunrise and Tezuka forum etc.", I don't think the discussion for those studios/creators has been as active lately as Ghibli. As great and innovative as they are, people just haven't been talking about them as much. If lots of people have lots to say about them, then sure, give them one too. Actaully GAINAX might qualify already...

Here's some recent Ghibli thread links BTW:
Laputa: http://animeboards.com/t47216/s.html

The Cat Returns: http://animeboards.com/t47317/s.html

Spirited Away: http://animeboards.com/t46617/s.html

On Your Mark: http://animeboards.com/t47385/s.html

Last edited by jennwenn; 19-11-2002 at 02:37 AM.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2003, 01:39 AM   #70   [permalink]
death
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to death
Yerh good !

Now how long did it take for us to get the Macross forum....
-Me
Life is but a sweet, slow death
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2003, 09:24 PM   #71   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
I figured that this thread should be brought back to life given that the following has happened

-The stateside DVD release of 3 Miyazaki films in recent months (Spirited Away, Laputa; Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service)
- Spirited Away winning the Oscar
- Disney/Buena Vista Home Video committing to releasing other films in the Miyazaki filmography

I think that it would be a great time to change the forum to an all encompassing Miyazaki or Studio Ghibli (which would be a more appropriate name) forum.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2003, 08:09 PM   #72   [permalink]
Sandman

I love Miyazaki films and think the fan base for them is loyal enough to keep a forum dedicated to his films or those of studio Ghibli in general heavly populated with interesting and worthwhile threads.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #73   [permalink]
Merlion Emrys

Send a message via ICQ to Merlion Emrys Send a message via MSN to Merlion Emrys
I agree with this idea as well

It's all part of the conspiracy.
Merlion Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote