Old 16-05-2003, 02:20 AM   #1   [permalink]
Morbius
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Morbius Send a message via Yahoo to Morbius
Who should win the Nobel Peace Prize this year?

My god... How is the Nobel Committee ever going to choose this years winner? Of course, the nominations are confidential but the press has leaked some of the nominees which apparently include such distinguished company as Bono of U2, President George W. Bush, French Prime Minister Chirac and Afghan president Hamid Karzai... They join other great nominees in history like Adolf Hitler (1938), Henry Kissinger (1973) and Yassar Arafat (1994)... The latter two actually won... Hitler unfortunately lost out to the "Nansen International Office for Refugees"... That's right folks, you can also nominate institutions... In fact, in 2001 Swedish MP Lars Gustafsson nominated football... Nothing better signifies peace than the game of football...

Now in actuality, you cannot nominate anyone for the prize unless you meet the following conditions... Apparently, these people are better at deciding these things than the general populace... But for the sake of this thread, you can choose the winner....
[list=1][*]Members of national assemblies and governments of states;[*]Members of international courts[*]University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes[*]Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize[*]Board members of organizations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize[*]Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee;[*]Former advisers appointed by the Norwegian Nobel Institute[/list=1]

So who is your choice for the Nobel Peace Prize?

For a list of likely nominees and some confirmed ones go here...
Old 16-05-2003, 03:43 AM   #2   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

... from ... that ... list ... you have got to be kidding.

SamIam
Old 16-05-2003, 01:31 PM   #3   [permalink]
MistyRain
Forum Junkie

Michael Moore and Susan Sarandon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.