Old 25-04-2004, 10:18 PM   #1   [permalink]
Petezilla
Executive Member

Death Note

I just started reading this and boy is it good the good guy is not so good and the bad guy is totally not so evil except for the poor reread value this is great stuff.
Old 22-08-2004, 05:48 PM   #2   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Didn't I make a thread about this here? Guess not. Anyway.

This is one damned good manga, and I'm crossing my fingers hoping it will be licensed sometime soon. I haven't read many series that keep me on the edge of my seat throughout like Death Note can. "L" is the man.

And what are you talking about, poor re-read value? I think the series is just as fascinating the second or third time I read it as it was the first.

Now I just want to find out what happens next....
Old 04-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #3   [permalink]
GLB_08

My older brother told me about Death Note, so i read it. Pretty soon, i read all the volumes online. It was awsome! Sad, but awsome! Though what questions me...who was the real bad guy?
GLB_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:43 AM   #4   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
I'm also reading up to 4 at the moment and I just recently saw the trailer for the movie. Looks promising but if I get my hands on a copy of it, I'll pass judgement on it.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:37 AM   #5   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Yeah, I read about half of this manga. Good stuff!! The anime is coming out this fall, so I'm looking forward to it!
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #6   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
EXTREMELY VAGUE SPOILERS

Spoiler:

...the ending was so lame.

I used to like this series, but it went on too long. I anticipate the movie and the anime, though.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:39 AM   #7   [permalink]
Voltaire

Deathnote has brought me out of my anime/manga slump for the last few years and back to this website... once again.

I really liked everything about it, and while i dont really agree with your spoiler snowcherry i dont think this is the thread to discuss it in,...
but hey if you want to make a new spoiler thread, I think we could have a little shouting match about it

... I really look forward to the movies now that ive finished the series, im just sad its over....

oh and heres the trailer for those who are interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NmhxbLXQbg

I think there dead on for L, but im not so sure about Light yet.

Last edited by Voltaire; 07-06-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:32 AM   #8   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Originally Posted by snowcherry
I used to like this series, but it went on too long. I anticipate the movie and the anime, though.
Oh anime? I'll be watching that then, ditto with the live action.

And thanks for the trailer Voltaire, the official website loads terribly slow for me for some reason. I wonder how much of the manga they'll cover in the movie? Well I heard they're planning two movies so from that I would assume:

SPOILERS AHEAD.

Movie one deals with first L, and the second deals with the Near and Mellow. And with that, we'll probably see Light/Raito beating L in the first movie but finally get his comeuppins in the second.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #9   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Spoiler:
I used to be absolutely crazy about this manga, but some of that craziness died when I heard what happened to L. I'm still collecting it, though; I'm just disappointed that my favorite character dies.

That trailer looks awesome! I can't wait to see how the movie will turn out. And I agree, I think they got L dead on, but it all depends on how they act. This should be interesting.
Old 18-06-2006, 06:44 PM   #10   [permalink]
Voltaire

Thats a shame it was spoiled for you dheu, esspecially on a manga like this suprise and anticipation is what makes it tick,

anyhow the movie came out a few days ago, just cross your fingers that some sweaty cosplaying dude dressed like misa trys to sneek a camra in over there so the rest of the world can see this masterpiece.

anyhow in the mean time i thought the people in this thread might like to see this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63OXcTQYMcM
Old 18-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #11   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

That's right! The movie did just come out!

I really want to see it. Even if a certain something happens to a certain beloved character, I still want to watch it. I want to see how well L and Light come across.
Old 18-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #12   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Not sure if it's just the average quality video or not but Ryuk's face looks a bit too cartoon CG like, then again Asia isn't well known for it's fantastic life like CG work. But none the less Ryuk looks great, looking forward to this.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2006, 11:14 PM   #13   [permalink]
Voltaire

Originally Posted by orochi X
Not sure if it's just the average quality video or not but Ryuk's face looks a bit too cartoon CG like, then again Asia isn't well known for it's fantastic life like CG work. But none the less Ryuk looks great, looking forward to this.
ya i completly agree,,...
Im actually suprized they did him at all...
I mean of course they need him and hes a bad ass, but they could have probably have gotten away with giving the role to some regular guy in a robe, increasing there box office sales world wide at the same time.

*shrugs* or not, it was made in japan after all, the land where giant lizards and gothic lolita school girls mingle.

Im glad they made him though, he was probably one of my favorite characters even though he was hardly in the damn book.
Old 18-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #14   [permalink]
ryuzaki0129

Send a message via Yahoo to ryuzaki0129
Light Yagami and "L" (ryuzaki) two people with genius brain puzlling every sitatuations they encounter, all the outcomes and possibilities and plans to eliminate one another. its a great story - " a man who posses death note can kill people without touching the victims, just writing names on the death note and after 40 seconds. . . die. . . " i think Light Yagami is not that bad. he is just eager to eliminate all the criminals in the world to bulit "A New World". Ryuzaki in the other hand think that Light Yagami's doing is wrong and follow the lawful procedure. both of them is right in different ways.
ryuzaki0129 is offline   Reply With Quote