Old 26-09-2005, 04:31 AM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Bleach manga discussion

Uh yeah I've fallen back into the Bleach fandom, but this time with the manga. Nice to catch up on all that I've missed since I dropped the anime from my to watch list.

ASSUME SPOILERS

The Soul Society arc was nice, good cast of characters there with the Captains. Aizen is great and ditto with Utitake.

As for now with the half hollow half shinigami thing they are doing, that's a bit eh but I guess it's nice to see Ichigo team up with the other shinigami and nice to see Rukia again.

Like to find out more about Ichigo's dad and his past and the connections he has with Soul Society.

I guess I'll be following Bleach again .. unless I get bored of it like what happened last time.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #2   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Yeah, I've been following the manga instead of the anime. I was glad to see Rukia back. She knocked Ichigo back into shape which I thought was kind of cute. But it makes me wonder though, just exactly how much stronger can Ichigo get? At the rate he's going, he may end up being stronger than Goku from Dragonball Z!! Of course I'm being extreme here, but I just don't see an end for him as far as gaining strength.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:39 AM   #3   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

It's a pretty typical shounen series, there will always be a stronger enemy which will result in Ichigo and co. in becoming stronger in order to defeat them. But hey it's an enjoyable series, it's really the great cast of characters which I enjoy most about Bleach.

Current chapter 197 is great, gotta love Rukia and her doodles especially the Aizen one and great to see Aizen once more, he looks absolutely cool without his glasses, very sinister. Matsumoto oh those scenes where she knocks out Kon and Keigo were funny.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:11 AM   #4   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah, that's true. I just finshed reading 197 as well. Looks like some more powerful foes are definately on the horizon. The "Menos Grande" don't pose too much of threat here. But what I'm interested in is the "Ajuukaru and the "VASTOCRODE." Especially the Vastocrode, since there are ten under Aizen's command. Not to mention the fact that Ichigo will have to fight the Quincy again. Chad and Orohime are going to have to step up big time.

In any case, I'm looking forward to how far this exactly goes.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #5   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Chapter 207

Can we speculate what Ururu is? She just went a bit psycho with the must kill and what not, but still looked adorable though, fighting in her PJs. Some failed experiment of Soul Society which Urahara took with him before leaving Soul Society?

The captains are having trouble against their current enemies, I wonder how it will be resolved ...
Old 12-12-2005, 06:26 AM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Damn man!! Took you long enough!! j/k I finshed reading chapter 207 recently. I don't know what to make of Ururu though. The look on her face was pretty scary though. Even after she got impaled, she still maintained that look. Makes me wonder if she's going to be the turning point in this battle as it seems that she has alot of hidden power stored inside her.

I don't think vice captains are having too much trouble. I believe that they are just getting caught off guard just by how strong their enemies are and therefore get over-whemled emotionally at the beginning of the battle. But once they regain their composure, I'm sure that it'll be a little easier for them.
What I'm looking forward to mainly is the battle between Ichigo and the one who took out Rukia so easily in chapter 204. His speed was incredible! And I'm wondering if Aizen is going to join the fray.

Seems like things are definatly going get even messier from this point on.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #7   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
Originally Posted by ACE2001
And I'm wondering if Aizen is going to join the fray.
No way. Aizen and Gin are both people who don't get their own hands dirty unless absolutely necessary. I seriously doubt we'll be seeing either of them fight until the Climactic Final Battle™.

Anyway, considering that Ikkaku's fight basically ended in a draw and even the Tenth Division is getting owned, I think the Karakura gang is pretty well screwed for this round. The Arrancar will most likely retreat after either a)sustaining enough damage that continuing to fight would be too risky (as Edorado did after fighting Ikkaku) or b)assuming they've left their opponent[s] dead or near death. They'll be back eventually, and the Karakura shinigami team will have leveled up, and then this whole mess will start anew. It's rather formulaic.

(As eventful as 207 was, I can't be the only person who thought 206 was incredibly awesome, too. Eleventh Division flashbacks! Captain-subordinate bonding over a shared death wish! Renji acting like a big dumb fanboy! That's now one of my favorite chapters in the whole series, and Ikkaku is now one of my favorite characters.)

Last edited by snowcherry; 12-12-2005 at 06:08 PM. Reason: clarification on my vague wording
snowcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #8   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by ACE2001
Damn man!! Took you long enough!! j/k
I totally forgot about this thread hah.

It does feel like it is too early to start wrapping up this story arc and take out the top Arrancar's from the picture unless Kubo decides to introduce some more higher super class ones ... I have to agree the outcome of these current battles will probably be retreat and fight another day. I do hope Soul Society ends up sending a few more down say maybe Kenpachi hoho. And then there's the issue of Ishida who has been out of the picture for quite a while now.

Yes Ikkaku is growing on me, I just dig his bankai. It might not be as flashy as Byakuya's or slick as Ichigo's but still looks quite cool.
Old 17-12-2005, 03:07 AM   #9   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just read chapter 208. Two words to describe this chapter: PURE OWNAGE!!! Man, the captains are getting whipped left and right by the Arrancar. It makes me wonder if the captains are somewhat "hiding" their power like Ikkaru did, otherwise this would seem like an easy victory for Arrancar. It looks like Ichigo may be the only hope to turn the tide of this battle as most of the captains are beaten up pretty badly. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see Ichigo fight next week, which is what I'm waiting for mostly.
Old 18-12-2005, 12:55 AM   #10   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Hitsugaya .., I was expecting him to be more of a challenge for the Arrancar seeing as he is a captain and all.

Other than that pretty average chapter 208 was.

As for next chapter I do hope to see Ichigo in action against Grimjaw, hopefully he'll have better luck against them.
Old 23-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #11   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just read chapter 209....I knew it, I knew it. I'm trying to figure out if this was a "cheesy" move or not. It seems like the Captains had to hold back their limits by the powers that be. Now all of the sudden they get the word that they can now, "break their limits." Can I dare say, Final Fantasy Limit Breaks!? Anyways once that happened, it seem that the tide of the battle changed drastically. Well, with the captains now being able to fight at their maximum power, it should be an easy win for them or I could be jumping to conclusions. I somewhat had the feeling that the Captains weren't just going to be simply overpowered like that.

As for the battle between Grimmjow and Ichigo, this looks like it will be a long battle since Grimmjow is an Espada whom was personally numbered as the 6th most powerful one in the ranks. He's just toying with Ichigo pretty much right now as Ichigo is fighting a little desparately. Makes me wonder if Ichigo will be able to rise his power even higher. Also, with their maximum output obtained, does the make the Captains somewhat a little closer to Ichigo in terms of strength. Only time will tell.

The more I read this, epsecially after reading this chapter, that this is somewhat I more intelligent version of Dragonball Z!!!

Well, in any case, there won't be chapter next week. I'm definately looking forward to how things will turn out between Grimmjow and Ichigo.
Old 23-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #12   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

I have to agree the whole holding their limit thing was cheesy and a pretty lame ass excuse to allow the shinigami to fight on and possibly win. Also the whole Espada thing, not surprised, it was abvious the current foes weren't Aizen's best, Kubo wouldn't of wrapped this arc up that fast. Anyway all this means is more kickass shinigami action.
Old 30-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #13   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, it turns out there was a chapter this week. However, I'm bit disappointed. I finshed reading chapter 210. I must say that this chapter was a complete waste of my time. I already knew the outcome when I read the first page. Again, I must say that this was pretty cheesy. Now all of a sudden since the Captains released their limits, their powers are now Quintuple!! After I read that, I knew pretty much the result. Jesus christ! I wish they would've used this chapter to focus on Grimmjow and Ichigo. Just a complete waste of pages. With the Arrancar out of the way, the stage is now set for a Grimmjow vs. Ichigo brawl! But it's not going to happne as the Arrancar had to retreat quickly at the end of of chapter but well.....

To sum it up, this was probably the most disappointing chapter of Bleach I read in a while.

Last edited by ACE2001; 30-12-2005 at 08:25 PM. Reason: I'm a dumba$$ ^_^
Old 30-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #14   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Didn't they say no chapter this week?

Yeah the follow up to releasing the limit was lame, as I said previously, poor excuse to let the shinigami win. However I admit the three looked pretty cool. Also would that of meant Rukia and Ikkaku were fighting with their limits on?

I do hope the Ichigo V Grimmjow fight is going to be nice and lengthy.
Old 30-12-2005, 08:31 PM   #15   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Hmm...I actually never thought of that. But from the looks of it, Rukia seemed to have most of her power released, but it wouldn't really matter as Grimmjow took her down in a matter of seconds limit or no limit. She's clearly terrified of Grimmjow's power so I don't think releasing her limit would be no help anyway, not that she's in any shape to do so.

Hmm as for Ikkaku for fighting with his limits on...if that were the case, man talk about a truly frightening power! But with that said, I'm pretty confident that the Captains aren't quite near Aizen yet in terms of power. Now that I think about it, does Ichigo have his "limit"? Well, in any case, I'm hoping for the Grimmjow vs. Ichigo showdown. This will be sweet!!