Old 16-03-2002, 10:48 PM   #106   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Dan-dan hun, just take a pick on one of the months you want to do. Right now, I'm almost finishing my pic now.
Old 18-03-2002, 01:41 PM   #107   [permalink]
Destinygal
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Destinygal
I'm a july folk and i just finished my piccie... I'm trying to decide if i should re-CG it since my writing tablet thingy was broken and i had to use a mouse... now it's fixed but i dont know if it looks bad or if i'm just paranoid.. 'corse i think everything is bad that i do. ^ ^ BTW, i did the 4th of July scene so, yeah. ... oh geez, i just thought, i didn't even pay attention to the size of it. It's just a regular size, like a little less than a regular piece of printing paper... is that okie or do i need to resize it somehow??

"Dang it honey, the toaster is not working!!! It wont turn on!" *wife walks over to husband to inspect the toaster* "Honey, you have to plug it in first."

they will hunger no more, and thirst no more. The sun will not strike them, nor any scorching heat, For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepard, And He will guide them to the springs of the waters of life, And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes -Revelation 7; 16-17
Destinygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2002, 04:43 PM   #108   [permalink]
Endurance
Executive Member

* Crushes pm in his hand after coming to right thread*

Miko-chan! have a question to ask! *Raises his hand in the air like a , well a schoolboy*

I would be glad to help you on this... just tell me what to do.
I sure hope that the pic hasnt to be ready too soon as i am not fastest, best and most reliable around here.

Even after reading this thread through, i am still confused a little so could you clear things out for me too ?
Endurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2002, 01:37 AM   #109   [permalink]
Yui_Reborn
---------

Send a message via AIM to Yui_Reborn
No one's picked March ^_^

Unfortunately, the only holiday I can think of in March is St. Patrick's day and I'm not Irish.......there's Passover, but half the time Passover is in early April anyway......plus there's no way I'm drawing my original characters eating Matzah or something, that would be lame.......

..............uh, anyway, I'll work something out. I'd like to sign up for March, I've got a pretty good idea for a pic I'd like to try.......although I can't guarantee that it's going to be holiday related

Sounds like you've got everything under control KnM ^_^. I'm psyched

Oh, and Endurance, you have until August to finish your picture so don't sweat it. You do have to call what month you want to work on before you start worrying about the drawing. Pick any month except July (before they all fill up) and give it your best.
Old 19-03-2002, 03:17 AM   #110   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
For Endurance - You don't have to worry about the submission date. It like yonks away...as in August. But I'll give you the dates of when everything is due:

Dates...(updated!)
- Proposed months by members: 7 April 2002 (It's not long you guys!)

- Final months to be booked by members: 21 April 2002
- Final deadline to submit your work: 14 August 2002

Undetermine
- The final product: No later then November 2002...in around October would be nice!

Hope that solves everything
Old 19-03-2002, 08:07 AM   #111   [permalink]
heart havok
Forum Master

is there any rules against claiming an entire month? i like to work individually.

that's not too important though...

meanwhile, this is important. could i have an elaboration on what is and isn't to be considered "gory" in theme? i don't plan on having blood and guts.. but i certainly do have some twisted ideas in mind.. i wouldn't consider them gory in the slightest, but their chaotic beauty may be considered so by others.

one more question...
someone asked this before, but i didn't see it clarified... are we going to get to customize our own months when we order the calendar? ..or is there going to be a collage put together of the different artists for each month? [i.e.: for July, it will have all four artists' works put together rather than having four different versions of the month for a buyer to choose from.]
i personally dispise the latter.

if we are able to customize our own, it'd be quite nicer for those who see pics they wouldn't want on their calendar when they are ordering one. this way people could choose from the pictures which ones they like the most and compose their own calendar from that. [i.e.: say Nairohe and i both did February... some might like my artwork and/or design better and some may like Nairohe's artwork and/or design better. by having the months customizable for buyers, those who like mine better can choose to have mine and those who like Nairohe's better can choose her's. that way the people who don't like my artwork don't have to look at it.. and vice versa. and same for the four people of July, and so on.]

i lied: here's the last question...
and as Coign asked.. do the contributing artists get a free calendar in return for submitting their work?

Last edited by heart havok; 19-03-2002 at 08:13 AM.
heart havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2002, 05:11 PM   #112   [permalink]
Coign
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Coign
I'm with Cody. I don't like the idea of having to share a month. There was a drive to get artists in here to participate, and then to make them share seems rather poor taste. Maybe if you do a 50% opacity over the actual day section of the calender it would mean 24 people could participate and everyone gets their own page. Just an idea...
Coign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2002, 05:19 PM   #113   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
i'm too lazy to look over the pages but what are the size constraints again? eheh... ehehehe... sweatdrops* if someone is kind enough to link me to that page... pleeease? ^______________^
Old 19-03-2002, 05:27 PM   #114   [permalink]
Coign
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Coign
Miko told me an A4 sheet of paper size. Whatever that is...
Coign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2002, 11:12 PM   #115   [permalink]
Israfel
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Israfel Send a message via AIM to Israfel Send a message via Yahoo to Israfel
Quote:
Originally posted by Coign
(damnable Tournament of the Minds)
Oh my god!!! You too??? AHHHHHH

yeah, I wanna know if we get a free calendar too...

btw, thanks to Ronin for telling me about the thread
Israfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2002, 11:14 PM   #116   [permalink]
Israfel
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Israfel Send a message via AIM to Israfel Send a message via Yahoo to Israfel
i'll have whatever I can get...

gimme gimme gimme
Israfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2002, 11:25 PM   #117   [permalink]
Usagi^.^
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

You know what I'd suggest? Make a new thread. ALL the rules TOGETHER, so that those questions don't have to be asked. ^^ And keep that thread of submissions ONLY. Ain't that a good suggestion? ^^ *pokes Kawaii-sama into it*
Usagi^.^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2002, 08:52 AM   #118   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, OW! You can stop poking me Usagi-chan. Please anything but the pokes!

All questions and submissions WILL be answered once I created the NEW thread for members of AB calender ONLY!

Ow!!!

If anyone wanted to do a month on their own....SUFFER! I stick to MY guidelines and the majority of the people participated agrees with it. If you don't want it, then I'm afraid I have no choice but to leave you out of the project...and no free calender as well!

What else is there? Eeto....?

Chris already answered half of the question concerning about the size of the submission and yes, A4 (Chris what do you think?) or aprox. 11.7 inches by 8.27 inches (for you guys who are used to the imperial system )

For those who are printing off by themselves, DON'T bother. I'm intending to collect all submitted work (sent to me through either ICQ or AIM. But NOT snail mail ), put them on the calenders already prepared by ME and take them to a printing place and make about 60-100 copies. Though a few will be distributed to the five panal of judges first before I sent them out to everyone.

To receive your AB Calender and a way of saying thank you from me, all snail-mail addresses should be forwarded to me by the end of August and no later. Since I will get this done in about September or October.

And now...I have to go off and start a new thread NOW!

Use this thread for Q&A ONLY and all submissions and participants will be on the other thread.
Old 20-03-2002, 09:20 AM   #119   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

For Israfel and everyone else who has NOT picked their month yet, choose a month ASAP! I need to confrim spots before the entire calender is filled up!

Sorry I need everything done before the 12th April 2002
Old 20-03-2002, 03:51 PM   #120   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Out of curiosity and I'm not sure if you realize this but are we to use original characters or do images of characters from anime? Becuase if it's the latter and not the former, we can be seriously sued for violation of copyright, and I don't think that you or anyone else involved has any desire to become involved in any lengthy and costly legal proceedings.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote